What's your worst cricket memory?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wedge McManus

Cancelled
Jan 16, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Mine was Kasper and Lee getting soooooooooooo close at edgbaston in '05 only to lose the test. Warnie played unbelievably well too and I knew we were going to win. When Kasper got out I had a meltdown. It's not the despair that gets you it's the HOPE

Last edited:
Yeh Edgbaston was shattering without a doubt. Still hurts that one.

The one that hurts the most for me apart from that was the 95/96 Shield final against South Australia. Could not get the 10th South Australian wicket for such a long time. May, McIntyre and George held on for an eternity. Especially after one of the great knocks from Gilchrist in the first innings.

Edit: Jamie Siddons 4 off 134 balls wow. S/R of 2.98. :expressionless:

The one that hurts the most for me apart from that was the 95/96 Shield final against South Australia. Could not get the 10th South Australian wicket for such a long time. May, McIntyre and George held on for an eternity. Especially after one of the great knocks from Gilchrist in the first innings.

Oh my goodness I'd completely forgotten about this. How did those tailenders learn how to hold a bat all of a sudden?

Most disappointing moment on BF was when Agar got dismissed for 96.

That thread was absolutely popping that night and the collective hearts of BF and Australia imploded when Swann took the catch.
I remember the facebook page 'Sir Ashton Agar' popped up when he was in the 40's. Grew rapidly to something crazy like 50,000.

Most disappointing moment on BF was when Agar got dismissed for 96.

That thread was absolutely popping that night and the collective hearts of BF and Australia imploded when Swann took the catch.
From memory Phil Hughes played like a champion that innings too. Giving agar all the confidence and strike in the world. Playing above his years. Looking back that actually makes me quite emotional thinking about it......

Was there it was fantastic, you can see the back of my head in photos of Siddons holding up the Shield. 92/93 Adelaide Test is the most gutted I've ever been at a game.

Was waiting for you to pop and say how great it was..
It was pretty great. Boy George and MacIntyre were total spuds with the willow and that West Australian side was stacked full of superstars current or future. We had Daz Webber and Paul Nobes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

96 WC Final was disappointing as well considering the hard work we did getting to the final against NZ and WI. Just rolled over in the final a bit.

Warne not getting his 100 at the WACA.
I remember watching that game thinking no way are we going set enough runs here.

Funnily enough looking at the scorecard now it wasn't right blaming Mark Taylor who had the most runs at the best sr of 89, Ponting and S.Waugh of all people soaked up the most dot balls.

edit - would love to see a replay of the QF v Kiwis, got to be one of the all time great games of cricket.

Last edited:
Bruce Reid not being able to get bat on ball against Chris Pringle I think it was in a one dayer, all five balls of the final over he played and missed and got run out on the final ball we ended up losing by a couple of runs from memory watching it on YouTube

Backing Peter Handscomb tooth and nail and watching him get out cheaply in the second test against India. I knew that was pretty much curtains for him.

Same with Matty Wade in the Pakistan series a couple of summers ago. His return to form has warmed my heart at least.

The most frustrated was the night the Hurricanes chased down the biggest BBL score ever against my Renegades. The first time the Big Bash had caused me to sleep poorly all night because I was so mad thinking about it. Usually reserved for Hawthorn losing night games against Geelong or Sydney.

Greg dyer claiming that catch years ago, ruined his career completely never played again from memory. Built his reputation back up from its lowest point doing great work for the players association only to throw it all away last year when he aggressively tried to get Smith and Warner reinstated straight away and blamed it all on Sutherland. Thought that was disgraceful behaviour

From memory Phil Hughes played like a champion that innings too. Giving agar all the confidence and strike in the world. Playing above his years. Looking back that actually makes me quite emotional thinking about it......
That was one of the gutsiest partnerships I've ever seen. They had England worried big time. I wouldn't mind if ash gave up the bowling and concentrated solely on his batting he could go far

I remember watching that game thinking no way are we going set enough runs here.

Funnily enough looking at the scorecard now it wasn't right blaming Mark Taylor who had the most runs at the best sr of 89, Ponting and S.Waugh of all people soaked up the most dot balls.
Yeh very disappointing.

Thought we were done against WI. Law and Bevan saved us and Windies were doing it fairly easy in the chase. Thats why the final hurt so much. Just a fizzer.

As a Black Caps supporter the 2015 World Cup final was a real let down, they had a great tournament up until then including that thrilling semi final win over South Africa but failed to step up in the final, being their only game on Australian soil was no doubt a factor but I was still hoping for a better contest.

As a Black Caps supporter the 2015 World Cup final was a real let down, they had a great tournament up until then including that thrilling semi final win over South Africa but failed to step up in the final, being their only game on Australian soil was no doubt a factor but I was still hoping for a better contest.
Gotta give it to the Sheepshaggers they always step up to the plate and punch above their weight at the World Cup. Now they actually have a quality team on paper as well they are a decent chance to actually win the thing now.

If only some of Mitchell starcs biggest critics here could remember that match as well as you do. He bowled like the wind that game and knocked over mccullum first over with a beauty. Still, that was tough for you blokes you had a great chance to win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back