Australian Cricket Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

Bison Yellowstone GIF by Nat Geo Wild

ALL HAIL

Great bloke - after his Ashes century made comments to the effect the Green must be retained and he is ok being dropped when Green come back in. Nup and here we are with him a well deserved recipient of the gong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to Mitch Marsh for winning the AB Medal. I was a bit critical of his performance or two during the season but overall in the last 12-18 months , its been his world and we are just living in it. He seems to be building that Marsh dynasty from his father and brother.

I also think this win is recognition for the people of WA as I dont think many West Australians would have a bad word about him as a person and cricketer.

Respect.

Do you even know how the votes are tallied?

He won by 79 votes.
It's not like he just fell over the line.

Well personally I think the voting system is flawed. Good on him, he certainly had a good year. I just don't think he was the best in the grand scheme of things.

good on marsh for winning.

this awards night is now very low key and many weren't even in attendance.

flawed medal to be honest though.

marsh did miss 7 tests during 2023 and played well when he got an opportunity.

it wasn't that he was dominant, it was more a case of no one really was and many players get rested/rotated for odi's/T20.

to be a real chance you need to be playing in at least 2 formats.

Congrats to Mitch Marsh for winning the AB Medal. I was a bit critical of his performance or two during the season but overall in the last 12-18 months , its been his world and we are just living in it. He seems to be building that Marsh dynasty from his father and brother.

I also think this win is recognition for the people of WA as I dont think many West Australians would have a bad word about him as a person and cricketer.

Respect.
Of course it is.

Look, I like Mitch Marsh, never jumped on the bashing bandwagon. But that's gotta be some kind of a joke right?
He's averaging over 50 since coming back into Tests, was instrumental in our ODI WC win and also is one of our top tier T20I cricketers. In what way is this surprising? Playing all 3 formats is a huge benefit, doubt he wins it without the Test resurgence.

Look, I like Mitch Marsh, never jumped on the bashing bandwagon. But that's gotta be some kind of a joke right?

Voting Period

Tests - 6 Matches - 594 runs (2 not outs) at 66 with 1x 100 and 5x 50's and 5 wickets

ODI's - 20 Matches - 848 runs (2 not outs) at 47.66 with 2x 100's and 5x 50's and 2 wickets

T20's - 3 Matches - 186 runs (2 not outs) at 186.00 with 0x 100's and 2x 50's

Its not that impressive for a Allan Border Medal winner but it was a bad year for everyone else in the side stats wise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back