When will the Carlton FC Arrive? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Comp is a lot more even then it was then. Expect them to yo-yo
Melbourne 2018 is another good comparison.
First finals appearance after a decade in the wilderness, win a couple of finals at the MCG in front of 90k+ and head interstate for a preliminary final.

Have they arrived or is it a North 2014/2015 type false dawn aka finish bottom half of top 8, win a couple of finals and get flogged in a preliminary final?
Regardless of what happens next week to make a Prelim and finish Top 4 at seasons end is a massive achievement from where we were mid year.

The more I think about it, the more I think this list should be primed for success.

They've got either the best or the second best key forward combination in the comp. A very deep midfield. A pretty stacked defence. Even their weaknesses (speed, wing/half-forward stocks) look closer to being addressed. I have no idea why their side was so placid earlier in the year. With what they've got they absolutely should be contending for flags for the next 2-3 years.

Have they arrived or is it a North 2014/2015 type false dawn aka finish bottom half of top 8, win a couple of finals and get flogged in a preliminary final?

They have arrived, when Carlton win the 2023 premiership.... this will be the best premiership year since Hawthorn 2008!

They haven't been convincing but I did like their approach in the last couple of minutes. The attitude to win better than last year. A fair way off Brisbane in all likelihood but gotta be on it to win it, and they are still in it.

The more I think about it, the more I think this list should be primed for success.

They've got either the best or the second best key forward combination in the comp. A very deep midfield. A pretty stacked defence. Even their weaknesses (speed, wing/half-forward stocks) look closer to being addressed. I have no idea why their side was so placid earlier in the year. With what they've got they absolutely should be contending for flags for the next 2-3 years.
100 %

Would be an absolute fail on those at the Carlton football club if they don’t win a flag with this group .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North ran into a cooked Geelong and a broken down Sydney in their semi finals. Melbourne are much better than either of them in their respective semi finals.

Taken a while for all that to actually properly gel though, plus injuries interfering of course.

Definitely makes a difference when over the off-season you replace LOB and Newnes as wingers with the likes of Acres, Hollands etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back