When will the Carlton FC Arrive? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Comp is a lot more even then it was then. Expect them to yo-yo
Melbourne 2018 is another good comparison.
First finals appearance after a decade in the wilderness, win a couple of finals at the MCG in front of 90k+ and head interstate for a preliminary final.

Have they arrived or is it a North 2014/2015 type false dawn aka finish bottom half of top 8, win a couple of finals and get flogged in a preliminary final?
Regardless of what happens next week to make a Prelim and finish Top 4 at seasons end is a massive achievement from where we were mid year.

The more I think about it, the more I think this list should be primed for success.

They've got either the best or the second best key forward combination in the comp. A very deep midfield. A pretty stacked defence. Even their weaknesses (speed, wing/half-forward stocks) look closer to being addressed. I have no idea why their side was so placid earlier in the year. With what they've got they absolutely should be contending for flags for the next 2-3 years.

Have they arrived or is it a North 2014/2015 type false dawn aka finish bottom half of top 8, win a couple of finals and get flogged in a preliminary final?

They have arrived, when Carlton win the 2023 premiership.... this will be the best premiership year since Hawthorn 2008!

They haven't been convincing but I did like their approach in the last couple of minutes. The attitude to win better than last year. A fair way off Brisbane in all likelihood but gotta be on it to win it, and they are still in it.

The more I think about it, the more I think this list should be primed for success.

They've got either the best or the second best key forward combination in the comp. A very deep midfield. A pretty stacked defence. Even their weaknesses (speed, wing/half-forward stocks) look closer to being addressed. I have no idea why their side was so placid earlier in the year. With what they've got they absolutely should be contending for flags for the next 2-3 years.
100 %

Would be an absolute fail on those at the Carlton football club if they don’t win a flag with this group .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North ran into a cooked Geelong and a broken down Sydney in their semi finals. Melbourne are much better than either of them in their respective semi finals.

Taken a while for all that to actually properly gel though, plus injuries interfering of course.

Definitely makes a difference when over the off-season you replace LOB and Newnes as wingers with the likes of Acres, Hollands etc.

Have they arrived?
We all knew they were coming.

Also,
We could smell what they were cooking, is the cream finally rising to the top?

They could just as likely be 2-7 right now and in the bottom 4 without a great run of luck in close ones at the moment.

Need to see them winning with some certainty before they are considered contenders.
And we could just as easily be 9-0.

Definitely take your point about winning with conviction though. Not ruthless enough atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back