Where's the crowds at home games

Remove this Banner Ad

People need to accept we are a small club and a lot of our members join because they "go" for us and they are contributing to our survival. Most people don't love the game as much as we do, and if we are going to make them feel bad about noon-attendance they might stop buying these memberships.
23000 is a good crowd for North against Freo on a Sunday evening. Thinking fellow members owe us their attendance is unrealistic, and just going to do your head in

My friend missed today she had an exam as a doctor so u will excuse her. Otherwise we come down from near torquay every melbourne game. Wife turns 30 sep 21st.. wants a party preliminary final weekend. Had to turn down the request...

Yep im in Torquay and having 2 children under 6 means the Sunday times game is a game we don't make.

People need to accept we are a small club and a lot of our members join because they "go" for us and they are contributing to our survival. Most people don't love the game as much as we do, and if we are going to make them feel bad about noon-attendance they might stop buying these memberships.
23000 is a good crowd for North against Freo on a Sunday evening. Thinking fellow members owe us their attendance is unrealistic, and just going to do your head in

At Junior footy yesterday I bumped into the bloke that sits in front of me at our Home games. He was also at a late game in the never nevers for junior footy.

So that was like probably 8 or so that wouldn't have been there becuase of junior footy clash. The league my son plays in yesterday was round 1, if other clubs are like the one he plays for (and I am on the committee of) then it is likely that they had a season launch.

I love North Melbourne, I would have loved to have been there yesterday and yelled myself hoarse, but sometimes life is just going to get in the way.

Sometimes even died in the wool supporters can't make the game, I don't feel guilty for not being able to attend yesterday, I feel jealous.

Jealous that for all the s**t games (and boy have their been some s**t games) we are at a point where I really feel we have a mature settled side and I am likely to miss more footy this year than I have in the previous 5 years combined.

So yeah my resevered seats may be vacant sometimes this year but it won't be because I just decided not to rock up, and trust me, whereever I am I know that I am not there watching on with my North Family ( even the knobends behind me who don't understand the game).

23K is fine for a late Sunday arvo game against a team that is known for playing ugly.

My 10 year old and I made it last night. Will be the last 4:40 game I go to. Messes with routine too much. Living in Geelong we got in the front door at 9pm after the kick around on the ground after the game and a sneaky Hungry Jacks stop.

Little fella was all over the place this morning and I'm not much better after waking at 5 to drive to work. 23k was a good result though.

Lucky we don't have many more Sunday games.

I went to the game with the family , kick on the ground after the match , 25 minutes wait for the train , my 5 yo doesn't hit the pillow til 9:30 pm on a school night . 4:40 on a Sunday arvo is a game for Rv ratings not crowd numbers .
What was the crowd size for the Bulldogs game , looked small ?

I went to the game with the family , kick on the ground after the match , 25 minutes wait for the train , my 5 yo doesn't hit the pillow til 9:30 pm on a school night . 4:40 on a Sunday arvo is a game for Rv ratings not crowd numbers .
What was the crowd size for the Bulldogs game , looked small ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's worse than that. There would have been maybe 15,000 NMFC members there today.

Reliably informed we had 10,000 members scan in for the first time ever yesterday.

I say "scan in" because there are thousands that attend each week sitting in Centre Wing or Medallion Club seats that don't scan their memberships at the gate.

Look, I bought a North membership as I felt sorry for them and wanted to support them after they Said No To The Gold Coast in 2007.

And I went along to the game on Sunday, where only 23,000 attending a Sunday night game against a rampaging Fremantle side.

Where I was sitting there were lots of Fremantle fans, and I reckon the crowd split was maybe 70/30 favouring Fremantle.

Maybe North Should Have Gone To The Gold Coast?

Reliably informed we had 10,000 members scan in for the first time ever yesterday.

I say "scan in" because there are thousands that attend each week sitting in Centre Wing or Medallion Club seats that don't scan their memberships at the gate.

Yep, that would be right. People here seem to think all those folk up on Level 3 are members. No, they are the people you walked past as they queued for tickets at the ticket box. 40,000 members and only 10,000 scan at the gate. Some of the extra 13,000 are Medallion Club or AFL Members but most are walk ups who pay at the gate.

Yep, that would be right. People here seem to think all those folk up on Level 3 are members. No, they are the people you walked past as they queued for tickets at the ticket box. 40,000 members and only 10,000 scan at the gate. Some of the extra 13,000 are Medallion Club or AFL Members but most are walk ups who pay at the gate.
Don't knock us mate.

A shitload of Level 3 people are members who mightn't be able to shell out the extra for a reserved seat.

I actually scanned both yesterday medallion club ticket and my membership ticket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back