Oppo Camp Which opposition player do you rate highest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dangerfield for me as well. Fuming we didn't get him last year, in hindsight it would have been the right thing for him to do. Probably why I have extreme expectations for Myers too, to kinda justify being picked before Dangerfield; not necessarily to be better than Danger, but at least prove that he is on his level.

I rate Dangerfield too

The scary thing is that his game is still improving

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Redden could be something special too.
Bennell was a good mention, but I sort of have him up with S.Hill, needs more of an inside game, but certainly has elite outside potential.
It will be interesting to see Morabito if he hits his straps.

Yeh i think Cotchin has been over his injuries for a while now, fyfe has not.

Yeh im gonna ask myself if i could fit the 6 best midfielders into the essendon side and come up with an answer of: NO :eek::rolleyes::confused:

And there's your answer isn't it? How much older is Cotchin? How many more years has he been in the system compared to Fyfe? Took Cotch a good 2-3 years to get over his problems. Both fantastic players by the way.

If we had any of those midfielders, just one, in our side at the moment I have no doubt we would be premiership favourites. At the moment we are probably likely to make finals.

Couldn't choose between danger and fyfe. Danger is a excitement machine, and his speed/power is going to make him one of the best. But there is something about fyfe, he just looks on another level to other players, so much time and awareness. Hird had it, pendles has it too. I think someone mentioned it before, pendles/fyfe/hird avoid tackles, danger shrugs them off or runs through them.

An example would be in tennis comparing Fyfe vs Danger to Federer Vs Nadal. Federer is a smooth player with flawless technique. Nadal also a great player, using brute strength and physicality to win.

Fyfe will have a better career than Ablett? LOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Awesome player, but no.

JD will have the best career out of anyone :p. He is that good I'm sure he'll be the first to kick 20 goals in a game ;)

Buddy, Dangerfield, or...

00002230-image.jpg

And there's your answer isn't it? How much older is Cotchin? How many more years has he been in the system compared to Fyfe? Took Cotch a good 2-3 years to get over his problems. Both fantastic players by the way.

If we had any of those midfielders, just one, in our side at the moment I have no doubt we would be premiership favourites. At the moment we are probably likely to make finals.

Yep so your point. Im taking the proven commodity whilst your still relying heavily on luck.

You dont say cpt obvious.

Edit: People still seriously under rate the player Ablett is and has been. Not one other player could do what he is doing/done playing for GC.

Yep so your point. Im taking the proven commodity whilst your still relying heavily on luck.

You dont say cpt obvious.

Edit: People still seriously under rate the player Ablett is and has been. Not one other player could do what he is doing/done playing for GC.
Abletts impact at GC is overrated, Toby Greene averaged 28 disposals as a first year player playing for the Giants, it's not as hard as people think to get a lot of the ball in a bad team.

Abletts impact at GC is overrated, Toby Greene averaged 28 disposals as a first year player playing for the Giants, it's not as hard as people think to get a lot of the ball in a bad team.

was Ablett overrated at Geelong also?
anyone who picks some other player before Ablett will be dissapointed 7 times out of every 10 games, he is just a absolute freakish midfielder / forward, plays at the highest level in a team losing by 100 points, winning by 100 points or in a 1 point decider.
He is now a better player then Hird was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back