Bumped Which Pies do you think will be AA next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown has to compete with Frawley and Lake, those two will be ahead of him for a good 2 - 3 years I think. Not saying Brown won't be a star, these players are just better.
He'll get there one year though, no doubt.

Glad to see a few others backing Wellingham...I reckon he will be an absolute star (moreso than he already is imo) in 2011, especially if he beefs up a bit more in pre-season.

sorry to hijack your board but have to agree with this. been a big fan of his since he did a job on ablett a while ago (cant remember exactly what game or if it was this yr or last). showed a heap of core strength for a kid his size. i absolutely love to watch him play and develop. my only wish is that he gets the shits and leaves the club. i reckon navy hoops would suit his complexion a lot better

Big call, I hope your right!

Can't you just see alot of Chapman in him?
Has the ability kick/snap/bend in bags of 4 - 5 goals when forward and has alot of grunt when in the middle.

I can see him having that same type of body as Chapman/Swan has too, just bulky and very strong.

Elite kick+Huge strength+Goal sense= Chapman mkII

I think when Swan/Ball start to move on in 4-5 years, he and Pendles will be the driving force in our midfield.

Certanties
Scott Pendlebury - Absoulute Gun might have won a brownlow this year if swan wasnt playing for collingwood
Dane Swan - Same as above except if Pendlebury wasnt playing.

Good Chance
Harry O'Brien -Will have a better season still only 24 heading into his best seasons soon.
Alan Didak - Will be up their again.
Dale Thomas - Should have made the squad this year.
Nick Maxwelll - Is 27 years of age is playing his best footy now.

Smokey
Heath Shaw

Just like what Knightmare said: "Think the contributions will be pretty even accross the board so I don't expect to have a Geelong type domination of the AA team."

Only think 4-5 will make the team

If we do aswell this year as we did last year in the H&A season then we are a big chance of having 7 or so.

The guys who should be dead set certs are

Didak, Swan and Pendles - Those three guys dominated for us for most of the year and are, in there own way match winners. Swanny may not have as high degree of match winning ability as the other two but he has consistancy.

Jolly and Thomas - Should be in the side, based on this year with finals and if they repeat their performances of this year will more then likely make the team.

Harry O, Heath Shaw, Maxwell - All AA quality, Heath the odd one out in not yet being an AA player. If we are up there this year one of these four will get an AA gong just not sure which one it will be.

Wellers, Beams, Sidey, Reid, Tarrant - All AA quality and if we have another dominate year one of these guys who really steps up will probably made the side. If Wellers can improve his fitness and turn those 20-25 touch games to 25-30 and can finish better infront of goal. If he had continued his early season form he may have been there and there abouts with the squad this year.

Beams is a shot, more midfield time, higher possie count whilst still kicking goals on a flank. Needs to majorly improve his consistancy. Tends to be either a stand out or not do much at all needs to bridge the gap between his best and worst football.

Sidey - If he plays at the level he did in the finals series he'd be a lock, it seems he is held back a bit for the finals and it works, another year, some confidence from his GF's and an extra pre-season could be the break out for him.

Reid - As others have mentioned if he plays another year at this level, gets a few more games where he can play a loose rebounding role (due to Tarrant's inclusion) and gets some media attention and momentum could certainly make it in a Harry Taylor fashion.

Tarrant - Would have been close to AA in 09, fitting into a more complete defensive unit, if he can stay fit he may go close.

Reckon the three definites are:

Swan
Pendles
Didak

Very good chance:

Thomas - if he has a good season like this year will be in it as the selectors will reward consistency.
Jolly - for the second ruck spot behind Sandilands if they decide to go with a second ruckman.

Reid won't be there next year but will be in the year after and will continue to be for the next 4 or 5 years from then on.

Ok i'm getting restless already, no footy on but i still want to talk about footy and i need some new material to keep my mind occupied.

I think we will have 5 Pies in the AA team next year:-

• Travis Cloke - I think he will have an even better year next year and i think he will kick around 60 goals for the year. I rated his performance this year but obviously would have preffered him to be a little more accurate in front of goals. I'm tipping him to be the main CHF.

• Ben Reid - More of the same this year but will be noticed more. I also think he will improve a bit more. I was very happy with him this year, I couldn't believe how strong his body work was (he doesn't look that strong). I think he will put on some weight over the off season which will make him even stronger.

• Dale Thomas - Was awesome this year and was unlucky not to make the squad. His Grand Final performances would have made people take notice and if he plays as well as he did this year he will at least make the squad. I expect him to improve again though next year.

• I also think Swanny and Pendles will be AA again but they already made it this year so i probably don't need to bore you with my thoughts :)
Nailed it! Sorry but I was reminiscing and realised I never bumped this thread to blow my own horn. I did miss one, we ended up with 6 All Australians that year. Leon Davis was the other one, I don't think anyone picked it.

Nailed it! Sorry but I was reminiscing and realised I never bumped this thread to blow my own horn...

Ray Dalio - manager of Bridgewater, the world's largest hedge fund - believes we waste too much time on hearing everyone's opinion and not focusing enough on those with a track record of good judgment. Opinions need to be weighted.

Hagla, I'm listening to you even more now and nahnah much less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back