Bumped Which Pies do you think will be AA next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 15, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ok i'm getting restless already, no footy on but i still want to talk about footy and i need some new material to keep my mind occupied.

I think we will have 5 Pies in the AA team next year:-

• Travis Cloke - I think he will have an even better year next year and i think he will kick around 60 goals for the year. I rated his performance this year but obviously would have preffered him to be a little more accurate in front of goals. I'm tipping him to be the main CHF.

• Ben Reid - More of the same this year but will be noticed more. I also think he will improve a bit more. I was very happy with him this year, I couldn't believe how strong his body work was (he doesn't look that strong). I think he will put on some weight over the off season which will make him even stronger.

• Dale Thomas - Was awesome this year and was unlucky not to make the squad. His Grand Final performances would have made people take notice and if he plays as well as he did this year he will at least make the squad. I expect him to improve again though next year.

• I also think Swanny and Pendles will be AA again but they already made it this year so i probably don't need to bore you with my thoughts :)

Swan
Pendles
Thomas - he deserved the squad this year
Jolly - had a great second half of the season once he clicked with the game plan.
Cloke - I think if he can kick a few more goals than points and plays every game he will go close.

If precedent is anything to go by, and we finish top 2 h&a, half the side will make it in.

Amazing what a premiership does for a reputation.

Look at the way mutuals are talking about Thomas now. All of a sudden he is hard at it in their eyes! lol, something we have known a long time...

Injuries permitting, AA next year:

Swan
Pendles
Thomas
Shaw
O brain
Maxwell
Cloke
Jolly

and maybe Sidey for a roughy ;)

Leigh Brown captain, at least in our (non gay*) wet dreams

*maybe gay for some, who am I to judge

Am a fan of Cloke but don't ever see him being AA ahead of Buddy, Pav or Riewoldt anytime soon. He's definitely next best CHF IMO after these three.

Thomas will go close...Pendles, Swan and Jolly should be thereabouts.

For a bolter out of the blue....Wellingham.

He has that rare ability to win his own ball and explode away from the pack in a Judd like manner. Can kick goals and do a job on an opposition gun when required. I thought he was top three players for us in first month of season....showed glimpses of elite play. May take that next step.

Apart from the more likely ones, i think Hagla's call of Ben Reid may be quite inspired.

If Harry Taylor can make it this year, Ben must have a decent chance, playing a year older, and in such a tight backline for support.

Swan
Thomas
Pendlebury
Jolly
Maxwell
O Brain
Sidebottom

If we have another year like the last then Didak might take a spot. People love him (and I love him :) ). Maxwell for captain... I think critics are starting to warm up to him now.

It's tough to pick - 7 sounds like too much but I think our list will start getting a lot of recognition now we're champs.

My list of nominations (40 man squad);

Shaw
Swan
Pendlebury
Didak
Reid
O'Brien
Wellingham (if he stays fit)
Thomas
Maxwell

and the "smoky" Steele Sidebottom.

In final 22;

Shaw
Swan
Pendles
Reid
Thomas

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Players with a realistic chance IMO:

Swan
Pendles
Thomas
Didak
Jolly
Shaw
O'brien
Maxwell
Reid

Smokey:
Dawes

Reckon Reid is almost a lock at CHB. Reid > Taylor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thread needs some more Leeroy.

IMO I think Nath Brown, if he can continue his grand final form could realistically make it as FB, all me crazy but if it happens I'll be over the moon I've always rated him much higher than what he deserved lol.

Also think any of Swan, Dids, Pendles, Jolly, Wellingham, Harry O, Reid, Heater, Maxy could make it.

Glad to see a few others backing Wellingham...I reckon he will be an absolute star (moreso than he already is imo) in 2011, especially if he beefs up a bit more in pre-season.

My definites for '11 AA would be the obvious: Swan, Pendlebury, Didak

My probables: Jolly (sub), O'Brien, Wellingham, Thomas

My possibles: Maxwell, Shaw, Ball, Reid

Would have thrown Brown and Presti in the possibles, but can't decide which will be preferred on the field...and Tarrant complicates things!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back