Whisk(e)y Thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd never heard of it until your comment and now I'm incredibly curious.

Although I'd be worried I'd end up wasting good whiskey by mixing ones that really don't work together.
I've done some initial online research, it seems the best way to go is to start conservative. As you maintain the bottle, if you are thinking of adding something, pour a bit out of the infinity bottle into a glass first and then add a small amount of your new 'inclusion'. If it tastes ok then you can add the proportionally appropriate amount to the bottle.

I've done some initial online research, it seems the best way to go is to start conservative. As you maintain the bottle, if you are thinking of adding something, pour a bit out of the infinity bottle into a glass first and then add a small amount of your new 'inclusion'. If it tastes ok then you can add the proportionally appropriate amount to the bottle.
Yeah I'm absolutely intrigued - perhaps enough to give it a go.

Do people think valuable bottles unopened will appreciate in value over time?

I own the following bottle unopened, I've seen it sold at a few places for around $3k - $3.5k mark, and I'm wondering whether to cash out or hold for another decade and it might go up even further.

Did you end up starting one? Would love to hear how it's gone.

I've got a couple of speculative bottles there that may appreciate in value over time.

If they don't then I've still got good whisky to crack open.

win/win in terms of an investment, you can't lose.

I own the following bottle unopened, I've seen it sold at a few places for around $3k - $3.5k mark, and I'm wondering whether to cash out or hold for another decade and it might go up even further.

Did you end up selling this? AFAIK the Japanese whisky market has peaked and bottles like yours will soon depreciate rather than appreciate. Might be a good time to do a bit of research and cash in

Did you end up selling this? AFAIK the Japanese whisky market has peaked and bottles like yours will soon depreciate rather than appreciate. Might be a good time to do a bit of research and cash in
Still have it, every now and then I check around online but it's very hard to price. I got quoted from one reputable seller, but of course he needed to also make a profit selling after me and the price he gave was too low.

At worst I keep a magnificent limited edition bottle, I can live without a couple thousand bucks profit, so I'll keep tracking it over time.

Purchased 2023's whisky advent calendar from The Whisky Club. Three whiskies in so far and it's been quite enjoyable.

Also won a bottle of Fuji Masterpiece 2022 (RRP $1500) via The Whisky Club as well which arrived today. Looking forward to cracking it between now and xmas!

IMG_5738.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Purchased 2023's whisky advent calendar from The Whisky Club. Three whiskies in so far and it's been quite enjoyable.

Also won a bottle of Fuji Masterpiece 2022 (RRP $1500) via The Whisky Club as well which arrived today. Looking forward to cracking it between now and xmas!

View attachment 1838436
How'd you win that? That's an awesome get!

I'm a member of the whisky club but it's been a while since I bought anything.

How'd you win that? That's an awesome get!

I'm a member of the whisky club but it's been a while since I bought anything.

Won last month's referral competition. Referral link here for anyone who is keen.

I tend to buy their whisky every 2-3 months, buying each month would be expensive. The calendar is a lot of fun though, allows for exploring 24 different whiskies I normally wouldn't try for $12.50/dram average price.

So about two weeks ago I ended up hopping out to a couple of bars by myself in Osaka.

Drinking Hubiki whisky for about $10 a glass (bottle costs about $180 here).

Fairly pissy I order a glass of Hakashu 18 year old whisky for roughly $42 AU. The cost of piss over there is so much cheaper than here, the owner made a big deal about making sure I knew what I was doing. Figured that whisky would go for about $500 a bottle over here so seemed like good value. Did a quick price check today and it will set you back about $1,600 here. It was good, but not that good.

Also bought a bottle of Kura classic whisky & Kura rum cask finish whisky duty free for about $45 each and they normally set you back $150-$160 here

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Duty free pick ups from Tokyo
2ca859995c5a8cb844c9eafecb622931.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Picked up The Whisky Club's 2023 advent calendar as an Xmas present to myself.

Have started a bit early as I won't be able to review one each day during December and I'm really enjoying the variety and thought that has gone into each selection. Only two duds of out of six reviewed so far, and there's been a couple of absolute crackers in there.

how much was it? where did you get it from?

$300 from The Whisky Club, which works out to $12.50 per dram.

If you're after a spoiler for what the first 6 have been thus far read on:
1. Aerolite Lyndsay 10 year old
2. Ledaig Sinclair Series Rioja Finish
3. The Boutique-y Whisky Company Blended Whisky #3 (26 years old)
4. Darkness 8 Year Old Blended
5. Colheita Cask Finished The One Fine Blended Whisky
6. Wormtub Batch 3

My two favourites so far have been day 3 and day 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back