Who is an exciting player from your club that may surprise outside fans?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if he qualifies for this discussion as he has been in the system for a few years now but I want to see Zac Fisher elevate his game from last year. He was solid last season but reckon he is capable of so much more. He's a slippery skilled player who has the potential to cause real problems for the opposition. Ill be keeping a keen eye on him this year.

Not sure if he qualifies for this discussion as he has been in the system for a few years now but I want to see Zac Fisher elevate his game from last year. He was solid last season but reckon he is capable of so much more. He's a slippery skilled player who has the potential to cause real problems for the opposition. Ill be keeping a keen eye on him this year.
I really wanted us to go after him, he's a huge talent. Some of his clearance work alongside Cripps a few years back was outstanding for someone of his size, plus he's dangerous around the sticks as well.

From afar Fisher seems to drift in and out of games, he's super impactful for 10-15 minutes here and there but is just as likely to be unsighted for a quarter or more.

Fish was a bit of a quiet achiever last season. He is not far off that heralded 20 disposals 1 goal a game group, but he does need to focus on not going missing for extended parts of the game.

The prospect of David Cuningham on the other flank is equally exciting. 41 games in 7 years but there’s a reason we’ve kept him around for so long. Easily best 22 if fit.

Hahaha!!! Apologies Oracle. I didn't know what I was thinking.

So are you saying Mitchell will play 2 ruckmen each week just as Hawthorn has done over the past 15 years?
You know, because it's what Hawthorn has done, Mitchell must want to do the same.
I thought that may have been the reason they used their first pick to select a ruckman in the mid-season draft.....
As midfield coach at West Coast, Mitchell tended towards a two ruck combination with Naitanui out through injury. Lycett and Vardy both being in the team were pretty critical parts of eliminating Gawn and Grundy led midfields in the prelim and grand final. Not to mention Hale is the midfield coach at the Hawks this year, and he famously was part of a two ruck combination pretty much his entire time at the Hawks so he'd appreciate the value of it.

Not sure what you're on about regarding the mid-season draft either, we did use our second pick on a young ruck for the future. No point wasting a pick on a ready made ruck in the MSD unless they're worth keeping on the list, or you desperately need it for a finals tilt.

James Aish
Great selection.

I suppose when you get to your third club there’s a sense that you’re a bit of a battler. The type of player you expect to be serviceable but not elite. I don’t know what kind of footballer James Aish was before he came to Freo but he is clearly the handiest utility on the list now. Can play a variety of roles, tough as nails, great leader and just gets better each year. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in the leadership group this season.

no.

Lynch played games for Box Hill while you only had one of either Reeves or McEvoy playing seniors.
So once again, incorrect.

Weird take. Every Hawthorn supporter can tell that you have your facts wrong. We always go with two rucks and it’ll be no different this year.

Lynch had missed a lot of footy with concussion so had to get match fit again through Box Hill. Will always play two ruckman if both are fit

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Weird take. Every Hawthorn supporter can tell that you have your facts wrong. We always go with two rucks and it’ll be no different this year.

Lynch had missed a lot of footy with concussion so had to get match fit again through Box Hill. Will always play two ruckman if both are fit

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Correct and with Lewis out at least the first month of the season, one of Reeves or Meek will be spending a lot of time forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great selection.

I suppose when you get to your third club there’s a sense that you’re a bit of a battler. The type of player you expect to be serviceable but not elite. I don’t know what kind of footballer James Aish was before he came to Freo but he is clearly the handiest utility on the list now. Can play a variety of roles, tough as nails, great leader and just gets better each year. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in the leadership group this season.
He actually wasn't too bad at Collingwood. Maybe lacked some pace, but was a handy player. Salary cap and guarantees made by Longmuir who was his coach at the Pies, saw him move for a better/longer contract.

Having said that, I think he is even better now. Great seeing him take his game to a higher level.

Feels like a lot of the Essendon names have been mentioned because they aren’t a team that fly under the radar…

Jye Caldwell wouldn’t be the first name to come to mind. Came from GWS 2 years ago as a highly touted midfielder. Spent the year injured. Last year developed into a good tagger.

Now he’s playing half forward. Given his skillset he will be making a lot of fwd50 entry passes and will be making life hard for attacking half backs across the AFL.
Yeah. Nah

Our WA boy Edward Allan.
He has Judd like speed. 194CM midfielder.

Paul Curtis - do not sleep on this bloke

I watched him when we played you guys at Marvel last year. Whilst the media was gushing over Zurhaar, Curtis was the one I noticed. He's a lovely kick, tough, quick. Everything you want in a player that plays that small role rotating between the forward line and midfield. You've got a ripper there.

For the Tiges, I think Judson Clarke, Sam Banks or Tyler Sonsie (though people already know of him a bit from last year). All 3 look like really good prospects.

Samson Ryan might surprise if he plays this year, but I doubt he will play many games this year. Is behind Nank, Soldo and Miller for that role at this stage.

Josh Schache didn’t get a chance at the Dogs. But he’s ready to show the world why he was a top 2 pick. Gonna surprise a few here, not me though. Gun.

Paul Curtis - I would imagine that most would see him as a promising small forward. But he's playing through the middle more and is a solidly built, powerful, 6'1. He's going to be a handful.

Josh Goater - He has almost the perfect athletic profile. 6'3, lightning fast, huge leap, long arms. And he seems to have decent skills.

Charlie Comben - I think most would be aware of him but most have probably also given up. If he stays healthy then he will have a big impact in the forward line.
Really liked Goater's intensity and run today - a player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back