Who is an exciting player from your club that may surprise outside fans?

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Schache didn’t get a chance at the Dogs. But he’s ready to show the world why he was a top 2 pick. Gonna surprise a few here, not me though. Gun.
I’d like to see Josh succeed but I think he might have peaked 🫤

For us, keep an eye out for Arthur Jones.

I’d like to see Josh succeed but I think he might have peaked 🫤
I was really hoping he'd kick on from his prelim against Port, you had a lot of winners that day but Josh had Aliir on toast. I'm not sure Aliir's ever recovered from that actually.

In 2023, I would say:

* I think Justin McInerney is still relatively unknown by outside fans and he's definitely an exciting player.

* Dylan Stephens is another who has flown under radar a bit.

* Is it too late to say Robbie Fox? He's 29 and has been around for ages (we rookie drafted him in 2017 as a mature ager) but he's still coming on in leaps and bounds. Was our best player in the GF last year (don't listen to those who reckon it was Chad).

* And what about Will Gould? He was talked about a fair bit in his draft year but slid to mid-second round in the draft and that was years ago and he hasn't yet debuted. I think he'll finally get a run in the seniors in this his 4th season. I'm not sure how he'll go but he could be plenty exciting.

* Based on various reports from training, new draftee Caleb Mitchell is going to be a good 'un - but not sure we'll see him in the AFL this year. I reckon Chad's younger brother, Corey, will see game time before him - another good prospect.

When was the last time we had one?

Gulden went pick 32 in open draft so obviously 17 clubs thought he was s**t.

Besides that nothing for years.

In the meantime we've lost Dawson as a go home for stuff all who is ur best player.

So seriously., why bring that boring s**t up and de rail yet another thread on this topic which has been done to death on Bigfooty already?
Wells tried very hard to get Gulden if I recall correctly... bid on him but wasnt able to get him as you matched.

GO Catters

Last year I would’ve said windhager but I think he’s caught the attention of many people. So I’ll say his good mate mitchito Owens.

He’s still pretty raw, and his kicking will need to improve. But he was drafted as a midfielder at 193 cm and just has a great goal sense. has a great leap too. Also great tackler and has the intensity to make it in the afl. Not sure where his best position will be tho.

Turning into a bloody good footballer

Doubt your club even thinks that judging by the fact that they decided to actively recruit another ruckman who pretty much can only play as a ruckman.
Reeves had 43 hit outs today to English‘s 30, who is probably the premier ruck going around at the moment. Reeves has only played 23 games so wait till that number gets to 50.
The other ruckman you speak about can’t even get a game for the bottom of the table ruckless Hawks.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kade Chandler. Though he's surprising me as much as anyone

Probably been mentioned already but Max Holmes is a serious talent. Starting to take over in the midfield this year.
Big bodied with blistering pace.
If he can start slotting goals, the world is his oyster.

Luke Pedlar
sanfl-trial-v-norwood-q3-gif.1348519

v-gws-20230319-gif.1635244

20230514-v-stk-a-gif.1687516

20230514-v-stk-b-gif.1687517

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back