Roast Who pooped the bed more in Round 23, 2023?

Who pooped the bed more this week?

• Essendon

Votes: 21 13.0%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 78 48.4%
  • The Goal Umpire in the Adelaide vs Sydney game

Votes: 62 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
Some truly terrible performances this round from teams with everything on the line.

Whose performance was worse?

Essendon with their finals chances on the line not only losing but getting pumped so hard they shed any chance of making finals next week against an injury riddled Collingwood side by ruining their percentage?

Western Bulldogs who lost at home to the worst side of the season with everyone having declared their victory not only fait accompli but one they would achieve by a significant margin as well.

The Goal Umpire from the Adelaide vs Sydney game who not only made a howler of a decision but double down by not even entertaining the idea of reviewing it closing the door on multiple sides finals chances and sending others into disarray?

Last edited:
I think I'm going with Essendon purely because the Bulldogs have a chance to rectify their situation next week. Where as no matter what Essendon does they wont be able to make up enough percentage.

That Goal Umpire was a close 2nd though but the Bulldogs have alleviated my finals concerns as a St Kilda fan.

Some truly terrible performances this round from teams with everything on the line.

Who's performance was worse?

Essendon with their finals chances on the line not only losing but getting pumped so hard they shed any chance of making finals next week against an injury riddled Collingwood side by ruining their percentage?

Western Bulldogs who lost at home to the worst side of the season with everyone having assumed declared their victory not only fait accompli but one they would achieve by a significant margin as well.

The Goal Umpire from the Adelaide vs Sydney game who not only made a howler of a decision but double down by not even entertaining the idea of reviewing it closing the door on multiple sides finals chances and sending others into disarray?

Regardless of the incompetant goal umpire Adelaide dominated the 4th they had a remarkable 12 scoring shots to kick 4.8.

But were woeful in the first 3 quarters to what they have produced at home this season.

Dogs. At least the Bombers were playing a team battling for finals.
The Eagles wanted to come last and still the Dogs couldn’t beat them at home.
Yeah but 120+ point thumping when they needed a win, even if they still lost it needed to be much more competitive, they ruined any chances of scraping through with a good win against an undermanned Collingwood on Friday. Bulldogs still have a chance by beating Geelong.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bulldogs with finals on the line is really hard to explain. A potential coach killer right there.

Well done to the eagles team by pushing hard and winning with the talent they had.

But surely this isn’t the result the club wanted long term.

Might be the win that saves Simpson for another season but denies them the ideal asset for their rebuild. Bit of a lose-lose right there.
The club needs a fresh start and some hope and Harley Reid and a fresh new coach would have given the fans some hope for next year.

There’s a real chance now the Eagles don’t get any of the top three talents in this draft now. Big, big cost to win a game at this time of year.

Essendon quite easily.
That was one of the worst performances by any club for over a decade. When you take into account what was at stake, they literally looked limp, uninspired and almost didn't want to compete.
Utterly disgusting from Essendon, you can’t defend that . But compare the lists Ess/Dogs. They are head and shoulders above us and we still pipped w.coast two weeks ago even with the umpire throwing the ball directly to us for the winning goal.

I would have the Dogs first losing to the last placed team at home, Essendon second for losing by over 100 points and Geelong rounding it out for third.

Geelong's performance didn't look all that bad on the scoreboard but we really should have beaten them by over 10 goals with all the chances we had.

I was expecting a much tougher game from the reigning premiers but only Stewart and Hawkins turned up, Dangerfield and Cameron were pathetic.

I would have the Dogs first losing to the last placed team at home, Essendon second for losing by over 100 points and Geelong rounding it out for third.

Geelong's performance didn't look all that bad on the scoreboard but we really should have beaten them by over 10 goals with all the chances we had.

I was expecting a much tougher game from the reigning premiers but only Stewart and Hawkins turned up, Dangerfield and Cameron were pathetic.

Atkins.

Back