Prediction Who will be the best of the 2015 draftees?

Who will be the best of the 2015 draftees?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Has to be Weitering at this stage, he had a fantastic debut year for a bottom aged KPP. I really can't wait to see what he can produce this year.

Jack really exceeded my expectations and I love the look of Charlie. Cuningham showed some nice signs too when given the chance. Hopefully McKay can get a good run and play some games this year, the reports on his work ethic are particularly encouraging. I'm really excited about watching us this year with this draft batch having another pre-season under their belt.

Weitering ... Held down KPD in his first season. Got sore as the year went on.

I loved how Cripps missed the rising star award as Hogan was a KPF and that was a 'harder' role to play.
Even though Cripps killed it.
This year we have a KPD in Weitering, who played on most of the leading forwards and held his own, but missed out to a midfielder.
Can we actually take a break???

I loved how Cripps missed the rising star award as Hogan was a KPF and that was a 'harder' role to play.
This year we have a KPD in Weitering, who played on most of the leading forwards and held his own, but missed out to a midfielder.

A midfielder that played HBF too !!! Mind you Bont finished behind Lewi so what would they know

I can't choose. Love them all.
Ok Weitering on Reiwoldt round 1 cracked me up and have had a soft spot for him since.
Charlie is going to be good too, love his hunger, his attitude and rivalry with Ed.
Jack makes me grin. Can't wait to watch him develop. He has shown us a taste. I will him to do well. Adore his levelheadedness.
Cuningham reminds me of Carrazzo a bit. Bring it.
Too soon to say with McKay, hoping for no injuries and a few good games. He is a long term prospect though.

Told you I couldn't choose :)

Sort of like being asked which is your favourite kid. They all have things that drive you nuts, yet you will defend them anyway because they are yours.

We have plenty in the pool for 2017 Rising Star ... H McKay, C Curnow, Jack Silvagni, SPS, Cuningham ...

I'd be somewhat pleased should that be the case but just feel that the 2015 crop have the better chance of coming through together, as each gives us something we desperately needed.

Out of the 2016 crop, SPS and Fisher are both required given the lack of midfield depth.
Williamson will be hard pressed to find a spot in the backline, whilst Polson & LeBois have other contenders to deal with: Pickett, Sumner and Wright
Polson will develope into a pure mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have not seen enough of the royals (Harry & Charlie) or of Cuningham to make an assessment.
Weiters was going to be my obvious choice and a safe one at that. He will be a champion footballer no doubt.
However, Jack is my nominated player as he showed in the small amount of games his footy smarts and over the preseason he has developed size and strength. His pedigree is there for all to see and his efforts have shown that he will give his all to live up to it.

Weitering's first half of the season was off the charts, played round 1 in front of 70000k and just stepped in like it was nothing.
Also loved seeing him matched up on some of the key forwards from his draft class, made Schache look silly and really highlighted how big the difference was from pick 1 and pick 2, in the 2015 draft.
Think that the way he's tracking, it's not unrealistic to think Weitering could be as good or even better than Alex Rance.

Weitering's first half of the season was off the charts, played round 1 in front of 70000k and just stepped in like it was nothing.
Also loved seeing him matched up on some of the key forwards from his draft class, made Schache look silly and really highlighted how big the difference was from pick 1 and pick 2, in the 2015 draft.
Think that the way he's tracking, it's not unrealistic to think Weitering could be as good or even better than Alex Rance.
If his body work continues to track, he will be much better than Rance. Way better with the footy.

Mammoth call here, show your working
He is seriously magnificent, if he wasn't down back Richmond would be an absolute basket case (a more overt one, anyway).

Attacks the ball at breakneck speed, sets up a stack of play (kicking has improved immensely), is never afraid to leave his man to help others and is generally just a beast of a full back.

For me he is better than Scarlett (although yet to do it for as long). I know not many will agree so let's not derail the thread any further!

Back