Why do countries with high union memberships have happy countries?

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly - Australia has never been a union run country.

Secondly - the behaviour you are talking about is illegal and can be dealt with by appropriate regulation.

how does one "deal" with it under the appropriate regulation. If people put their hand up, they are admitting they broke the law themselves and face prosecution AND then victimisation themselves.

and I would suggest >50% is definitely union controlled

and we probably would never have become a nation if not for unions and their racism

Last edited:
What is the point of humanity if our end game is to make humanity obsolete?

I'm rarely negative in my outlook but I do feel AI is the beginning of the end

1) AI is fabulous but will result in major job losses, exacerbate the wealth divide and deny people hope and a reason to get out of bed (no challenge)
2) To avoid this we will increase social welfare etc and consider placing regulations over AI development and use
3) AI has a more sinister use......war and or controlling people
4) Sensible nations will weaken their position by implementing controls
5) rogue nations and dictatorships won't and thus have superiority
6) we also know the world will heat up (not global warming but waste heat) resulting in the need to depopulate. He who controls AI will determine which societies if any will survive

I see AI as the greatest opportunity but the greatest threat to the civilised world

how does one "deal" with it under the appropriate regulation. If people put their hand up, they are admitting they broke the law themselves and face prosecution AND then victimisation themselves.

and I would suggest >50% is definitely union controlled

and we probably would never have become a nation if not for unions and their racism

It must be an Australian thing about whistleblowers …

You can donate to McBride here

I'm rarely negative in my outlook but I do feel AI is the beginning of the end

1) AI is fabulous but will result in major job losses, exacerbate the wealth divide and deny people hope and a reason to get out of bed (no challenge)
2) To avoid this we will increase social welfare etc and consider placing regulations over AI development and use
3) AI has a more sinister use......war and or controlling people
4) Sensible nations will weaken their position by implementing controls
5) rogue nations and dictatorships won't and thus have superiority
6) we also know the world will heat up (not global warming but waste heat) resulting in the need to depopulate. He who controls AI will determine which societies if any will survive

I see AI as the greatest opportunity but the greatest threat to the civilised world
Agree with this overall. If government doesnt get on the front foot early with an automation tax the wealth divide is going to increase 100 fold quickly.

It will create as many jobs as it cuts early on but the end game is pretty clear imo. Self driving cars, no customer service roles (customer service is almost dead these days anyway even with humans), sales roles will be become largely obsolete etc.

There wont even be shopping centres soon enough. Why go to westfield and fight over limited parking when everything is delivered...

20 years life will look nothing like it does now and that could be the best thing to ever happen, or the worst. Sadly, i dont trust our idiotic pollies to steer this, who would?!

Agree with this overall. If government doesnt get on the front foot early with an automation tax the wealth divide is going to increase 100 fold quickly.

It will create as many jobs as it cuts early on but the end game is pretty clear imo. Self driving cars, no customer service roles (customer service is almost dead these days anyway even with humans), sales roles will be become largely obsolete etc.

There wont even be shopping centres soon enough. Why go to westfield and fight over limited parking when everything is delivered...

20 years life will look nothing like it does now and that could be the best thing to ever happen, or the worst. Sadly, i dont trust our idiotic pollies to steer this, who would?!
It is 100% the worst.

This is one of the truest statements I have ever heard - and modern society could not possibly be further away from it. Sidney Myer 1931 (height of the Great Depression)

Myer declared: 'It is a responsibility of capital to provide work. If it fails to do this it fails to justify itself'.

Capital is currently going down a path of cancelling work.

Anecdotally I know of numerous kids, mostly in the suburbs, who refuse to go to school, mostly refuse to leave their bedroom. Because they have no pathway. Because they have no prospects. Because they think for whatever reason humanity has left them behind. And no one cares.

People need purpose. People need leadership. People need pathways.

Instead and sadly we are hell bent on making people obsolete.

It is 100% the worst.

This is one of the truest statements I have ever heard - and modern society could not possibly be further away from it. Sidney Myer 1931 (height of the Great Depression)

Myer declared: 'It is a responsibility of capital to provide work. If it fails to do this it fails to justify itself'.

Anecdotally I know of numerous kids, mostly in the suburbs, who refuse to go to school, mostly refuse to leave their bedroom. Because they have no pathway. Because they have no prospects. Because they think for whatever reason humanity has left them behind. And no one cares.

Those kids need a clip round the ear because its a long way off and there's plenty of purpose still. Society hasnt left them behind, good thing is, 99.99% aussies wouldnt even know what that felt like. We've got it too easy here if anything...

The future could be dire, doesnt mean you give up now.

99.99% is dreamland stuff
It really isnt. You have a roof over your head, a healthcare system that is available 24/7, food on the table, nice weather, clean water, jobs available. It would benefit you going overseas if you believe otherwise tbh. We have it ******* easy here

It really isnt. You have a roof over your head, a healthcare system that is available 24/7, food on the table, nice weather, clean water, jobs available. It would benefit you going overseas if you believe otherwise tbh. We have it ******* easy here
I agree we have it easy. And it is especially easy for a lot of us. But we are not everyone.

How are the kids raising hell in Alice Springs going? What are their prospects?

Sure we have it easy. That makes it even more inexcusable we don’t want to make things better.

I'd probably point out that the bolded is becoming more and more out of reach for plenty of young people, and probably a key reason why so many have feelings of despair/disillusionment.

Out of curiosity how old are you? I'm just curious on whether these different perspectives are generational

I agree we have it easy. And it is especially easy for a lot of us. But we are not everyone.

How are the kids raising hell in Alice Springs going? What are their prospects?

Sure we have it easy. That makes it even more inexcusable we don’t want to make things better.
Alice and the like is its own issues. I dont think itll get "fixed" in our lifetime, or ever quite frankly. No one is willing to have the tough conversations required to do so... 99.99% is a slight exaggeration, lets say 97%. My point still stands...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is 100% the worst.

hear hear...............I agree with both of these posts but I question how this will play out in practise.

Firstly 'It is a responsibility of capital to provide work. If it fails to do this it fails to justify itself' was definitely true but I question if this remains true for much longer. If capital didn't provide work in the past, and there was no social security, you'd simply end up dead. There are many kings that would attest to this.

In more recent decades the job of capital was to create efficiency and productivity, leading to wage rises (in a leading nation). There still remains more opportunity and work than people, so it remains true now. but we can all see what is coming.

I don't think we can tax AI or automation, as this essentially ties our hands behind our back from an economy perspective and military perspective. If we lag behind on adoption, nations like China and Russia who don't give a s**t about people will simply rule the world and we will cop whatever comes our way.

I feel we will see higher taxes across the board and more an more people on a "working dole". Where the "working dole" is the equivalent of $1k-2k a week in today's dollars, funded by those higher taxes.

Then AI war will bring about an event I don't want to imagine

EBA proceedings kicked off last week in my industry and are starting for the adjacent industry. More than happy to be in a highly unionised industry so we don't lose our hard fought working conditions and can improve on these conditions.
They have been ramming CPI down your throat for the last however many years - give em' a little CPI treatment back

They have been ramming CPI down your throat for the last however many years - give em' a little CPI treatment back
I'm expecting a s**t show. We've got 2 years before our current EBA expires and if this one is signed in 3 years it will be a miracle.

The only saving grace is a State election in 2026 which may get things going our way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back