Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Muslim's Way Out of Islam

by Achal Adhuli

I think books taught me to think and judge things rationally, to escape from the world of prejudice and irrational beliefs. Books were my true liberator, it's the best companion I ever had. But, it wasn't always fun. My family didn't take it lightly as they were noticing some change in me and also my teachers at school. In fact it was the teachers who gave me all sorts of trouble.

.I read the Quran over and over again and couldn't believe what I was reading. I started to mark the questionable verses and wrote comments beside them. I wondered, are these versus full of hate being spread and preached everyday in all corners of my town? I was completely dumbstruck. Initially, I thought it was the translation that was to be blamed. But I collected many different translations of the Quran and very reputed Islamic scholars translated some of them. You can say I was really shocked and I spent almost two years of my year 9 and 10 searching for answers.

I started to question a lot to spread my message. I learned it from the life of Socrates, that's what he used to do, and it can be very effective sometimes. I started to question Islamic beliefs and traditions in a lot in my writing and that put me in trouble.

They physically attacked me one night- I was very lucky to escape only with some sharp cuts and bruises. An Islamist organization published a book and declared me a Nastik-Murtad or "Apostate-Infidel". So, I didn't really have to declare leaving Islam publicly, they did the honor for me.

After that I decided to leave the country and in 2003 I came to Australia as a student. As to whether I am still in danger today, I can say that I never underestimate their reach. It’s not just me, anyone who is non-Muslim, or a born-Muslim who doesn’t care about Islam much -- anyone who is different from them is in danger today and it’s the sad reality.

I'm not talking about that one region, I'm referring to your claim that it adds up to over 100%
This was the only region that I was referring to in the post to fleabitten.
Still don't understand the percentages for this region.

"I'm sick and tired of Islam-phobia". LOL. You don't know correct grammar and can't spell yet you preach to us on what we should should believe. That's laughable.

You don't seem to have the ability to differentiate between discrimination and intelligence. Intelligence in that it takes a certain understanding of society to acknowledge that a problem exists with a certain demographic in society. There's a big difference between discrimination and recognising when there is a problem.

It's a FACT that a large percentage (compared with any other religion or demographic) of Islamists are extremist in their beliefs. They believe that non-believers are infidels and must be killed. There are also many moderate Islamists who don't necessarily follow extremist views but are sympathetic towards them and support them in the name of Islam.

Look at the list of acts of terrorism over the last decade. 100% have been committed by Muslims. Christians, Hindus and Budhists haven't committed any. What does that tell you? Do you even acknowledge that there is a problem in their society? I bet you don't.
Anders Brevik was a Muslim? When you can't even get the basic premise of your argument correct, you shouldn't be lecturing others about the FACTS of the case.

I know people don't like the comparisons to issues like suicide or car accidents, but here's another. You are more likely to be king hit and killed by a young man in a night spot than killed by terrorism. Do you cross the street any time you see a young man, do you fear that every time you see a young man he might hit you? Should we ban immigration of young men, should they all be monitored regardless of their exhibited behaviour? Or is that irrational?

Last edited:
Well done. ONE incident of mass murder compared to HUNDREDS of other incidents by Muslim extremists. Give me another.

It's not 100%, but Islam is certainly leading the way. The problem is with people actually defending the religion as it exists today.

You're double counting Christianity and the denominations of it.
Ah, was confusing, couldn't see why they didn't split and just have the one total. Surprisingly high as I know that area very well.
Maybe more of them are wearing western garb and no signs on their forehead.

I know people don't like the comparisons to issues like suicide or car accidents, but here's another. You are more likely to be king hit and killed by a young man in a night spot than killed by terrorism. Do you cross the street any time you see a young man, do you fear that every you see a young man he might hit you? Should we ban immigration of young men, should they all be monitored regardless of their exhibited behaviour?
Suicide? Car accidents? Stupid comparisons. And your belief that you are more likely to be killed by a king hit than an act of terrorism is just utter carp. Just Google the numbers of terrorism victims then Google the number of coward punch victims. You can't compare the two.

Why do you refuse to acknowledge the substantial risk that Islamic terrorism poses? I'm sure that your attitude would change in an instant if you or a loved one became a victim or a witness to an incident. If you don't care for the safety/welfare of yourself or your loved ones that's your problem. Just don't drag the rest of society down with you.

Ah, was confusing, couldn't see why they didn't split and just have the one total. Surprisingly high as I know that area very well.
Maybe more of them are wearing western garb and no signs on their forehead.

Maybe they're ex-muslims too afraid to come out of the closet.

Young Australian ex-Muslims who have become disillusioned with their former religion are operating in a secretive online community, because they fear being shunned by their families and friends.

Maryam*, 28, founded a group for Australian ex-Muslims in June 2014. The group has now grown to 40 members and fields new enquiries every week.

She has not yet told her family she no longer believes in Islam, for fear of damaging their reputation and bringing shame in her community, where “raising a child well means raising them Muslim.”

“Having people find out that you’re ex-Muslim, for me, that’s my greatest fear,” she explained to news.com.au. “Which is such a shame because it’s such a big part of my identity and I have to keep it secret.”

“I wish I could be honest. I wish I could just be my real self and talk about the things I want to talk about, but I don’t want to lose the connection I have with my friends and family.”

She said most members are young Australians in their twenties who find themselves no longer agreeing with aspects of the religion, but are too afraid to speak out for fear of how their lives would change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suicide? Car accidents? Stupid comparisons. And your belief that you are more likely to be killed by a king hit than an act of terrorism is just utter carp. Just Google the numbers of terrorism victims then Google the number of coward punch victims. You can't compare the two.

Why do you refuse to acknowledge the substantial risk that Islamic terrorism poses? I'm sure that your attitude would change in an instant if you or a loved one became a victim or a witness to an incident. If you don't care for the safety/welfare of yourself or your loved ones that's your problem. Just don't drag the rest of society down with you.

LOL....So ignorant.

Only 2 deaths in Australia from terrorism.....And that's only if you count Monis, who was actually an attention-whore criminal.

Are you suggesting the Iraq war targeted civilians?

Are you suggesting the U.S gave enough of a s**t to differentiate?

Are you suggesting the Iraq war targeted civilians?

I'm suggesting that the "War" was bullshit and thousands of civilians died of a result.

Maybe they're ex-muslims too afraid to come out of the closet.

Young Australian ex-Muslims who have become disillusioned with their former religion are operating in a secretive online community, because they fear being shunned by their families and friends.

Maryam*, 28, founded a group for Australian ex-Muslims in June 2014. The group has now grown to 40 members and fields new enquiries every week.

She has not yet told her family she no longer believes in Islam, for fear of damaging their reputation and bringing shame in her community, where “raising a child well means raising them Muslim.”

“Having people find out that you’re ex-Muslim, for me, that’s my greatest fear,” she explained to news.com.au. “Which is such a shame because it’s such a big part of my identity and I have to keep it secret.”

“I wish I could be honest. I wish I could just be my real self and talk about the things I want to talk about, but I don’t want to lose the connection I have with my friends and family.”

She said most members are young Australians in their twenties who find themselves no longer agreeing with aspects of the religion, but are too afraid to speak out for fear of how their lives would change.
Nah, I would rather believe they have have assimilated within the community, which a number of my friends have. Then again they have been in the country for decades.
By the way no point in referring to any source that is linked to any Murdoch media, don't read it. Can't recall the last time they printed anything accurately or from a genuine source as normally it is either opinion or un-named source.

Julian Knight, Martin Bryant, The Columbine High school & Virginia Tech killers.

How far would you like to go back?
Keep going. Considering you have gone back 20 years you are still outnumbered 500:1.

You're ignoring the facts. You need to remember that none of those murders were committed in the name of a cause (ie Islam or any other religion or cause). They were all one-off incidents committed by people who were either just bad or mentally ill. Do you not understand the difference? None of those incidents pose a thread to the future safety and integrity of our society.

Nah, I would rather believe they have have assimilated within the community, which a number of my friends have.

Why is assimilation important?

By the way no point in referring to any source that is linked to any Murdoch media, don't read it. Can't recall the last time they printed anything accurately or from a genuine source as normally it is either opinion or un-named source.

There are plenty of stories besides this one which say the exact same thing.

Why is assimilation important?

There are plenty of stories besides this one which say the exact same thing.
Because they live here and have become more Aussie than most.
When in Rome...
Have you got a catologue of anti Islam articles that you collect to post at various times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back