Why is Garry Lyon so damn grumpy all the time?

Remove this Banner Ad

mocaholic

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2003
Sect M40, Row Z, Seat 17.
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney
On SEN he just hasn't been happy since he got back from Ireland. It'll be much more pleasant listening to the radio when he's off.

As an aside, does anybody know why he is leaving? And who's replacing him? I heard a whisper Andrew Maher.

mocaholic said:
On SEN he just hasn't been happy since he got back from Ireland. It'll be much more pleasant listening to the radio when he's off.

As an aside, does anybody know why he is leaving? And who's replacing him? I heard a whisper Andrew Maher.
He got a parking ticket yesturday he wasnt to happy about!

I think he the biggest sook in FOOTY.

He is defensive if you are remotely critical of anything he has anything to do with.....

I will be glad when he is gone from SEN. I don't watch the Sunday footy show because he is the host.

Over rated hack as a player and certainly overrated in the media.

Only claim the fame kicking ten against the buulies in the mid 90's and we were ordinary.......extremely ordinary....

BYE GARRY BYE!

Ipaidmy200in89 said:

He is defensive if you are remotely critical of anything he has anything to do with.....

I will be glad when he is gone from SEN. I don't watch the Sunday footy show because he is the host.

Only claim the fame kicking ten against the buulies in the mid 90's and we were ordinary.......extremely ordinary....

BYE GARRY BYE!
Glad it's not just me then. (Oh, and you forgot to add that he's an Eddie-clone.)

mocaholic said:

I'd be sad too if i had to listen to tim watson all morning.

Ipaidmy200in89 said:

You do realise that was in the 1994 Semi Final don't you?

The reason Lyon is everywhere now is that his loyalty to Nine when everyone else (Dunstall, Hawkins, Brereton etc) jumped ship to 7 to get on the footy broadcasts has not been forgotten.

ROTFLMFAO@The Bulldog fan who reckons they were ordinary in the mid nineties! Finalists in 92,94, 95, 97,98 and 99. This would represent one of the better runs for the Bulldogs in their histroy.

Yep, Gazza got 10; And they say an elephant never forgets LOL.

regards,

REB

Over rated hack as a player

You talking about Garry Lyon or that current player on your list Chris Grant? Very very rich comment about haks. Garry Lyon was a gun who had some shocking injuries (unlike the real hak grant who has gone through his career with out a major injury, excpet for his chin reduction). Id take Gary Lyon in his hay day over any player at the dogs.

Robbie said:
You do realise that was in the 1994 Semi Final don't you?

The reason Lyon is everywhere now is that his loyalty to Nine when everyone else (Dunstall, Hawkins, Brereton etc) jumped ship to 7 to get on the footy broadcasts has not been forgotten.

Thanks for the info......

Diamond_Joe said:
You talking about Garry Lyon or that current player on your list Chris Grant? Very very rich comment about haks. Garry Lyon was a gun who had some shocking injuries (unlike the real hak grant who has gone through his career with out a major injury, excpet for his chin reduction). Id take Gary Lyon in his hay day over any player at the dogs.

We meet again.

You must have been waiting for that opportunity for sometime. I guess Chris Grant's total knee reco was a minor injury.

I just don't like is sooking...... Haven't heard Chris Grant sook to much at all.....in fact never. I guess you are of a different view or just happy to attack me for making you look pretty ordinary in the past. Which I might add is like taking candy from a baby......

You really like Garry Lyon? Then that is fine, but bagging Chris Grant just because I have a view of Garry Lyon is pretty petty......but I guess that sums you up.....

So back off clown and add to the debate or don't post.

unsure what is behind your distaste of the dogs.....maybe 2000 still grates you....unsure why you guys won the flag.....it is that you live in the West and can't afford a dwelling in the North Western suburb of Essendon......

I feel for you.....if I can help just call me on ........

Rik E Boy said:
ROTFLMFAO@The Bulldog fan who reckons they were ordinary in the mid nineties! Finalists in 92,94, 95, 97,98 and 99. This would represent one of the better runs for the Bulldogs in their histroy.

Yep, Gazza got 10; And they say an elephant never forgets LOL.

regards,

REB

Go away. If you are going to POST make sure it makes factual sense.....the teams of 97,97,99 extremely different to that of the team that Garry Lyon Flogged in that game!! But you be selective with the truth.....

Ipaidmy200in89 said:

BYE GARRY BYE!

Its funny,but I agree 100 percent with that !
He is overtly precious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

because he is the biggest tosser in the AFL bar none. Id be grumpy too if I were him!!!

give me a break - loin chop is a clown and his two co-hosts are just as bad.

Gary is a sad, arrogant, boring sod who you would think has a good head for radio but pity he comes across the airwaves as an absolute a-hole . Whilst we are on the topic of SEN, for a sports radio station, their knowledge of sport is ridiculously low. The morning and afternoon slots are especially pathetic. You'd think they would have a minimum knowledge on footy matters but they even struggle there!! Let alone other sports (and God forbid soccer whould ever be the topic of conversation!!!)

SEN's only saving grace is Francis Leach and to a lesser extent KB. The Insiders isn't too shabby either.

Ipaidmy200in89 said:

BYE GARRY BYE!

ordinary enough to make it into the 2nd week of the Finals?

10 goals on the MCG in a Semi Final

best individual performance I have seen in the flesh

mocaholic said:
, and you forgot to add that he's an Eddie-clone.)
Mrs Dogsbody reckons that Mr Lyon is after Mr McGuire's job. Jokes aside, he's more accomplilshed than I gave him credit for on radio. u

Touchy bastard, may have drunk too much of his own bath water as a kid. May have been a good footballer, but needs to ease up and show more humility and maturity.

Simply doesn't have the ability to accept criticism, either constructive or innocent banter. To hear him carry on each morning when was looking after the IR team was painful to listen to.

Andy Maher is great, has a broad knowledge of many sports and is passionate. The Insiders and Retrospective are both great.

Now if we could only get SEN to work on Tim Watson and Boofhead Brownless.

Yze_Magic said:
ordinary enough to make it into the 2nd week of the Finals?

10 goals on the MCG in a Semi Final

best individual performance I have seen in the flesh

You haven't seen to many games I gather......

Get off his back you spineless morons. The guy is going through a tough time on the family front so back off. Any of you perfect people out there ever suffered family problems. leave him alone!!

bee dee said:
Get off his back you spineless morons. The guy is going through a tough time on the family front so back off. Any of you perfect people out there ever suffered family problems. leave him alone!!

What is that?

bee dee said:
Family problems ? I don't know anybody who has family problems. He must be the only one in the world.

Ipaidmy200in89 said:
..the teams of 97,97,99 extremely different to that of the team that Garry Lyon Flogged in that game!! But you be selective with the truth.....

:rolleyes: Now who's being selective numbnuts?

regards,

REB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back