Will Day Dangerous Tackle?

Remove this Banner Ad

The tribunal claimed that Close was "tackled essentially face-first into the ground". This is factually incorrect. Both Close's Knee and Will Day's arm which is under Close's body make impact with the ground before hand.Therefore it is not face first but rather face third.

Both of these impacts would have reduced the impact of the face hitting the ground.

That the tribunals reasoning for high impact is factually incorrect as evidenced by this screenshot, is there room for appeal?
(assuming the summation of the reasoning is accurate)

1681489804646-png.1660629

The summation of Tribunal Reasons for upholding the ban.
1681489568206-png.1660628

The tribunal claimed that Close was "tackled essentially face-first into the ground". This is factually incorrect. Both Close's Knee and Will Day's arm which is under Close's body make impact with the ground before hand.Therefore it is not face first but rather face third.

Both of these impacts would have reduced the impact of the face hitting the ground.

That the tribunals reasoning for high impact is factually incorrect as evidenced by this screenshot, is there room for appeal?
(assuming the summation of the reasoning is accurate)

1681489804646-png.1660629

The summation of Tribunal Reasons for upholding the ban.
1681489568206-png.1660628
They've left a bit of wriggle room in the word "essentially".

Looks like Merrett is going to get a week with a similar tackle. Should only be 1 week not 2 like day because they didn't have the same momentum so I guess impact will be less. They look like text box tackles to me not sure what advice you give to these blokes to stop these occuring.

Looks like Merrett is going to get a week with a similar tackle. Should only be 1 week not 2 like day because they didn't have the same momentum so I guess impact will be less. They look like text box tackles to me not sure what advice you give to these blokes to stop these occuring.
West Coast player will go for the one on Stengle as well

Just ridiculous. The Tribunal found the 2 weeks was correct so why is the MRO giving everyone one week this weekend ?

hqdefault.jpg

There is talk Caminiti could get 4 weeks or more for his hit on Murphy which wasn't as bad as Pickett's bump on Bailey Smith that got 2 weeks.

The suspensions being handed out this year are more of an inconsistent joke than ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back