Injury Will McLean come good in 2011? (just Carlton supporters)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would of got him in the ND at pick 27 easily.

Mate he was barely getting a game in the bottom side. Feel free to bring up his stats from 2009 ... he was terrible in 09.
We got fleeced and we all know it.

Stupid, stupid post.

McLean was contracted, IIRC. And there's no way he would have been delisted.

And he would have had to put a huge $$ on his head to get through to that pick.

Just like Ball who priced himself out of the market and avoided a fair few clubs in the draft as a result.

You said we would have got him for pick 27 in a trade which is a stupid comment because there's no way in hell Melbourne would have accepted that.

He played 19 games in 2009. Yet he was barely getting a game :eek:

You have no idea. I don't need to bring up any other stats to demonstrate that - you've already done it for me.

Mate he was barely getting a game in the bottom side. Feel free to bring up his stats from 2009

19 games with 21.6 possessions and 4.2 tackles per game while being sat in a forward pocket for a lot of it because they were tanking and he was carrying an ankle injury. Yeah, great call bud :rolleyes:

If Mclean does not play the majority of next year and play well, then you have to say dud trade. I thought we payed far over the odds for him, although i am willing to give him a years grace. Now with Hadley gone and Grigg, we really need him to stand up!!

At the risk of sounding too Gen Y, he did say on twitter that he is "ready to rock and roll' in response to a question about the state of his injured body.

If Mclean does not play the majority of next year and play well, then you have to say dud trade. I thought we payed far over the odds for him, although i am willing to give him a years grace. Now with Hadley gone and Grigg, we really need him to stand up!!

we do still have ellard to play the grunt role. he can get in and under and lay a heap of tackles; only thing is he's too small to be an effective blocker for Judd and our other runners.

My point is though, while our depth in that position is now depleted; Mclean is clealry the best of the 4; and we do still have a serviceable backup in Ellard if he goes down for short amounts of time.

we do still have ellard to play the grunt role. he can get in and under and lay a heap of tackles; only thing is he's too small to be an effective blocker for Judd and our other runners.

My point is though, while our depth in that position is now depleted; Mclean is clealry the best of the 4; and we do still have a serviceable backup in Ellard if he goes down for short amounts of time.

The 'blocking for Judd' thing can also be diminished by making the opposition more accountable and another way to do this would be to have Gibbs in the middle as well. There may be a perception of a lack of hardness with Gibbs but regardless, when he's in the middle he finds the footy and uses it well whether by foot or hand.

Gibbs may not 'throw his weight around as much as a Hadley or a Grigg but his footy smarts and disposal will more than make up for that.

You have Mclean/Ellard (Cachia may even get a gig) as our burrowers with Judd hovering and Murph and Gibbs coming in from HF and the Wing we'll have opposition teams on edge for sure.

Is that serious or is that in reference to one of my posts earlier in the thread?

This is not an I told you so post but I think some people would appreciate knowing that although I said a couple of tasteless things my judgement may have been clouded by the situation over in Brazil at the time of the post.

5.30 a.m Friday morning (Brazil time) my righthand man (in regards to my company over there) and good friend was murdered execution style.

I, as a result, have left the country (after telling the police all I knew (not much) and clearing it with them that I could leave) and am now back in Oz. Not sure when I will be going back as I still have too much to wrap up not to. But it will be a long time between drinks.

I am not trying to defend myself in anyway, so please be respectful of the dead before posting anything that could cause offence.

I will say this Australia is the best country in the world. We take a lot of things for granted that are luxuries in other places around the world. We should all take a minute every now and again to reflect on how truly fortunate we are that we were born and raised in such a magnificent place.

Believe me when I say I will be reflecting for a long time after this.

If anyone wants the link to the news article (its in portuguese but the savvy out there will know how to translate it), please PM me.

This is not an I told you so post but I think some people would appreciate knowing that although I said a couple of tasteless things my judgement may have been clouded by the situation over in Brazil at the time of the post.

5.30 a.m Friday morning (Brazil time) my righthand man (in regards to my company over there) and good friend was murdered execution style.

I, as a result, have left the country (after telling the police all I knew (not much) and clearing it with them that I could leave) and am now back in Oz. Not sure when I will be going back as I still have too much to wrap up not to. But it will be a long time between drinks.

I am not trying to defend myself in anyway, so please be respectful of the dead before posting anything that could cause offence.

I will say this Australia is the best country in the world. We take a lot of things for granted that are luxuries in other places around the world. We should all take a minute every now and again to reflect on how truly fortunate we are that we were born and raised in such a magnificent place.

If anyone wants the link to the news article (its in portuguese but the savvy out there will know how to translate it), please PM me.

Get your issues fixed and straighten yourself up. You obviously have such remorse over your dead partner. Fortunate you can now use his death to somehow justify suggesting Brazil is a dangerous place. What sort of out of touch crackpot are you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a strange thread. Not quite what I expected.

Brazilian stereotypes, sexism, a bloke having a conversation with himself disguised as of all things a Collingwood fan and every now and again something about Mclean.

I can't wait for the next installments. Perhaps it will be revealed who Brazilblue really is.

Was he ever in Brazil? Times of posting would indicate not at times, but either way he was doing some latenight posting somewhere. Leading to the question does sleep deprivation cloud your judgement?

Will another Collingwood fan now come online and console Brazilblue?

Now if brazilblue has not been writing BS then I unreservedly apologise, but it certainly has a whiff about it.

By the way I hope Brock comes good, as like others I have been a fan. The big questions are can his body hold up and will the game slowdown enough for him to have the same impact as he did in 06.

Is that you Alpha?

No doubts about Mclean standing up if he's injury free.

Our Sam Mitchell after seeing some of his clean handpasses in close and kicks with both feet. So good at winning it inside and at ground level. Jackson practically jumped on Mclean's back, but he still had the power to carry him forward and get the ball moving. Beat Newman in a contest in round one by going in low and harder than their captain. Fed out a handball that ended in Yarran's going bang from 50 for his second goal after we switched it down the wing.

We know Mclean isn't quick, yet he beat that little speedster Nahas to a ball on the wing, but then followed up and won it again.

Pure footballer with good endurance.

Good deep kick from 50 on his wrong foot to Setanta that put their defenders and produced a goal via a crumb.

Mclean's tackling was the thing I liked the best in the second quarter of round one. Smashed one Tiger on the wing and then another inside 50 to create a crumb for Murphy.

Looking forward to next year.

Originally Posted by brazilblue

Funny but i thought it was your name on the private message you sent me last friday saying:

"actually winding up operations here and heading back in the next few months. Lets just say the 5 years I have spent here has done my head in and I miss what I know and grew up with. I do think I have been left bitter by some of my experiences but it is time to move on. Will follow your advice".

Now you're posting that you've left because of a murder!
My, my, I thought this was a Footy Forum, not Dungeons and Dragons, Warcraft or even Latino "Underbelly" - thanks for the cheap thrills, but your credibility as a potential screen writer is shot; story line boring; characters have no credibility and the plot is nonexistent.......and besides there was no car chase! (insert Basil Fawlty "Khh")

It was bemusing to see Morton and three other players go for the ball on the HBF, yet Mclean was the one who swept it away and ran it out before setting up another fast break by hand.

LOL.

Resulted in Yarran passing to Gibbs for a goal after picking the pocket of Connors.

Doing anything against Richmond isn't really an achievement to be honest.

Hopefully the new substitute rule will allow Brock to use his engine room to full advantage.

Originally Posted by brazilblue

Funny but i thought it was your name on the private message you sent me last friday saying:

"actually winding up operations here and heading back in the next few months. Lets just say the 5 years I have spent here has done my head in and I miss what I know and grew up with. I do think I have been left bitter by some of my experiences but it is time to move on. Will follow your advice".

Now you're posting that you've left because of a murder!
My, my, I thought this was a Footy Forum, not Dungeons and Dragons, Warcraft or even Latino "Underbelly" - thanks for the cheap thrills, but your credibility as a potential screen writer is shot; story line boring; characters have no credibility and the plot is nonexistent.......and besides there was no car chase! (insert Basil Fawlty "Khh")

Thanks for that Between the Lines, but as a Collingwood supporter shouldn't you be posting on the Collingwood board...just to say Hi even. I'm not sure starting off your posting life in a Carlton thread is typical of a Pie;) You might have needed a few posts over there first to complete your cover 007.

Someone using deceptive behaviour to point out another's fantasy life is part of why this thread has become a funny example of forum behaviour. Throw in a few spats and some posts actually on topic and it has actually been entertaining, in a cover your eyes sort of way:D

Doing anything against Richmond isn't really an achievement to be honest.

Hopefully the new substitute rule will allow Brock to use his engine room to full advantage.
I guess you can only beat who they throw at you after everyone else went for the ball, but came up empty...

Flog.

I havent been on for a while because I have been busy with work,

I was enjoying the shit that "Tom Clancy" (the op lol) was spinning and I thought Thy was a bit tough on him then i saw what TG wrote,

You ****ing disgust me, You are a horrible person and god forbid anything terrible like what happened with the fires should happen to you, extreme poor taste,

sickened beyond belief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back