List Mgmt. Will the Hawks end up landing a big fish? Trade and FA news discussion of Hawthorn targets

Who should Hawks make a play for?

• Lynch

• McGovern

• Cogs

• We don't need any of these players

• Gaff

• Another player not mentioned above (specify in comments)

• B.Hill

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not fussed if we cant get Lynch , if we do manage to land him its a huge bonus

Would like to see either Shiel or Gaff in our colors next season . If the talk of Hill is true we have added some great outside run and speed and class . That would be a great result for us IMO
I would be happy with Shiel and Hilly, I think the kid misses that Hawks.

You only had to see how emotional he was when Clarko embraced the kid when he played his first game against us.

Last edited:
Just listened to King on 360 discuss Shiel.

In summary he said-

-He is not worth 1 mill per season
-Ranks him 5th in mids at Giants behind Kelly Coniglio Ward and Whitfield.
-Said he is not a rolls royce
-Now is a good time for the Giants to let him go ie sell high.

So like Mitchell was only the 5th best at $hitney?

Lets pounce, the first one worked well for us ;)

No. He’s trying to avoid games with Cockring and Evans. Trying to blow em out of the water so it doesn’t become a 2 week JOM shitfight again.

Lynch may be leaning towards the Tigers, but also happy to go to us. Main thing is getting there and avoiding GC matching and causing havoc for a fortnight.

This is an interesting point, Chris Judd didn't necessarily have Carlton as his first choice, they were one of his options and the one that could meet West Coasts needs and get the deal done, where as he had concerns Collingwood didn't have the assets to get the deal done, so he ended up at Carlton.

I don't disagree that players normally get where they want to go but it also makes sense that players/managers have options for eventualities like this.

This is an interesting point, Chris Judd didn't necessarily have Carlton as his first choice, they were one of his options and the one that could meet West Coasts needs and get the deal done, where as he had concerns Collingwood didn't have the assets to get the deal done, so he ended up at Carlton.

I don't disagree that players normally get where they want to go but it also makes sense that players/managers have options for eventualities like this.

And who was his manager? ;)

It's a valid point re: Lewis. Alternatively look at Deledio - he's been a massive bust. You don't cough up too much for a player of that age.

Neither Lewis or Deledio were playing at the level Beams has this year. Beams is verging on a top 10 player in the competition this year and will make his second AA side. He still is criminally underrated outside of Brisbane and is just about as complete a midfielder as there is.

He would almost certainly cost a first. If he was 25, he would be worth two firsts.

A side in contention will pay for him, if he wants back to Victoria.

If we land Lynch in FA, then i'd be all in on Beams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is my understanding GC continue to confirm they intend to match a $1m a year contract. Tigs have been told this again yesterday as were we. We also know we can sufficiently front end a contract that will be beyond their range therefore eliminating that tactic . We are the only one of the three competing clubs who have that capability. TL management has also told alll three clubs they are not interested in dragging through a pre season draft scenario. They have also told all three clubs they will not accept existing players being cleared to make necessary room to front end.
The HFC can satisfy all these issues.

Top, if we were to front load his contract to 2 mill a season first year does that wipe our chances of getting a Cogs or Shiel this year.

Also with Collingwood reported to be into May this year if we missed out on Lynch would we turn our attention to getting May this year if Collingwood looked like getting him this year.

Top, if we were to front load his contract to 2 mill a season first year does that wipe our chances of getting a Cogs or Shiel this year.

Also with Collingwood reported to be into May this year if we missed out on Lynch would we turn our attention to getting May this year if Collingwood looked like getting him this year.

Hearing if we get Lynch, we’ll miss on Shiel. It’s one or the other. Not both.

Agree that resentment is a valid consideration, I've also heard Connor's state in an interview some time ago 12-18 months that when looking to move clubs some things he discusses with his clients are their motivations for moving, things such as the type of player he is moving, does the new club have a dozen of them? If a player wants success then if so his client would have to be flexible with dollars as if he goes in too high players would need to be moved and thus weakening the team Buddy scenario. So as for not wanting to shift players, success must be high on TL's shopping list.

I don’t buy this take. If success is what he is after then he would be choosing a club and playing for what he is worth and has achieved so far in his career 700-800k per year max. The hype around this bloke for what he has done so far is a joke.

AC- what will it take to get him PC
PC- north of a mill per year mate
AC- wow we are going to have to shuffle the deck chairs mate and get sign off from Jeffrey and the board as our highest paid players have never been anywhere near this.
PC- Oh yeah by the way the other stipulation is that he will not play for any club that has to lose players out the other end to accomodate him as he doesn’t want to upset the playing list.

Seriously WTF is going on.....

Hearing if we get Lynch, we’ll miss on Shiel. It’s one or the other. Not both.

This was the point I was sort of making yesterday with the post about this. But, as was said to me today, let’s worry about that if TL decides us and we can get it done. I understand other “manipulations” can be advanced to help provide options.
Of course, if he decides Richmond as most are expecting then the landscape has changed, options changed and we go full throttle at the other options which I am comforted we apparently have. The footy world is actually stating how aggressive we are in the background.

Personally, with the activity I am aware of around options like Shiel, Cogs, MMcG, Himmelberg, Gaff all of whom we have been connected with, and we are forced to front end limiting our other scope, you start questioning whether TL should be priority or a combo of say for example, Shiel/Gaff for the $2m spend.

It is all intriguing.

This was the point I was sort of making yesterday with the post about this. But, as was said to me today, let’s worry about that if TL decides us and we can get it done. I understand other “manipulations” can be advanced to help provide options.
Of course, if he decides Richmond as most are expecting then the landscape has changed, options changed and we go full throttle at the other options which I am comforted we apparently have. The footy world is actually stating how aggressive we are in the background.

Personally, with the activity I am aware of around options like Shiel, Cogs, MMcG, Himmelberg, Gaff all of whom we have been connected with, and we are forced to front end limiting our other scope, you start questioning whether TL should be priority or a combo of say for example, Shiel/Gaff for the $2m spend.

It is all intriguing.
Combo meals always provide the greatest value.

Mmmmmm.... Combo Meals......

It is all intriguing.

As you've said all along. It's a fluid, moving beast.

Neither Lewis or Deledio were playing at the level Beams has this year. Beams is verging on a top 10 player in the competition this year and will make his second AA side. He still is criminally underrated outside of Brisbane and is just about as complete a midfielder as there is.

He would almost certainly cost a first. If he was 25, he would be worth two firsts.

A side in contention will pay for him, if he wants back to Victoria.

If we land Lynch in FA, then i'd be all in on Beams.
Beams won’t be making the AA side mate.

Absolutely no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back