List Mgmt. Will the Hawks end up landing a big fish? Trade and FA news discussion of Hawthorn targets

Who should Hawks make a play for?

• Lynch

• McGovern

• Cogs

• We don't need any of these players

• Gaff

• Another player not mentioned above (specify in comments)

• B.Hill

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he is contracted and still in season, he would never come out and say he wants a trade at the moment.
.... It was well known in season that he was leaving Hawthorn and when asked about it his manager did not dispute it like he did this.

I get the feeling that Hawthorn is being played in the media via every player manager as a destination purely to run up interest in said players.
Feels like a lot of years gone by when Collingwood was into everyone even when they weren't.
We have cash and that fits nicely with any player movement.

We also don't generally speak publicly on these matters so it's unlikely we will categorically shoot down a rumour.

It actually works in our favour most of the time, in that we chip away behind the scenes on the player/s we really want.

.... It was well known in season that he was leaving Hawthorn and when asked about it his manager did not dispute it like he did this.

Because we announced it and stated it was a mutual decision because we are a club that acts like grown ups. I don't imagine other clubs would be so charitable (look at how the Suns have treated Lynch and Crows treated Lever and Gunston) so his manager might be playing coy because that's his job - to protect his client.

In saying that i'm sure he would have been doing his best in selling hawthorn with great subtlety to Lynch.

Casually opens up a Hawthorn brouchure...... the two page spread on all of Hawthorn's premiership cups on display

*starts drooling*

Last edited:
Hawks, GWS and Melbourne interested in Sam Collins.

AFL have ruled that he will need to be selected via the draft and not as a delisted Free Agent
Just a good VFL player I would think.

I get the feeling that Hawthorn is being played in the media via every player manager as a destination purely to run up interest in said players.
Feels like a lot of years gone by when Collingwood was into everyone even when they weren't.
We have cash and that fits nicely with any player movement.

We also don't generally speak publicly on these matters so it's unlikely we will categorically shoot down a rumour.

It actually works in our favour most of the time, in that we chip away behind the scenes on the player/s we really want.

Either that or .....

images (3).png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL have ruled Collins has to nominate for the draft for some reason
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/free-agent-target-collins-sent-to-the-draft-20180813-p4zx9t.html
Next year he could be a free agent but not this year
Wonder if he will nominate
Interesting, does anyone know what terms and conditions he is allowed to specify in his draft?

Can he say he needs to stay in Melbourne? Will not wear blue, red, black or white? or is it only contract length and amount?

Interesting, does anyone know what terms and conditions he is allowed to specify in his draft?

Can he say he needs to stay in Melbourne? Will not wear blue, red, black or white? or is it only contract length and amount?
Can't nominate and T&Cs in a draft. You go where you're selected to go. You have to commit to that when you nominate.

GC are into Collins also. And we have definitely spoken to him.

It will be a very interesting off season. We are showing this year we are further advanced than most thought. Can we bring in some more top end talent?

Gunna be pretty hard when our 1st pick will be 18 which will probably blow out to 25 with priority picks and Academy.

Cheers for the article, i love the bit towards the end though.

"Shiel, who has played 131 games for GWS and has missed only 1 game in the past two years, perfectly fits the profile Carlton seek: a quality midfielder in his mid-20s who will benefit a list that is either too young or too old"

I would have thought a gun midfielder just about to hit his best years as a player would perfectly fit all clubs list profile.

Cheers for the article, i love the bit towards the end though.

"Shiel, who has played 131 games for GWS and has missed only 1 game in the past two years, perfectly fits the profile Carlton seek: a quality midfielder in his mid-20s who will benefit a list that is either too young or too old"

I would have thought a gun midfielder just about to hit his best years as a player would perfectly fit all clubs list profile.
Its almost like they have a word count they have to reach by adding that in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back