dogman

Team Captain
Oct 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Can anyone post what listed players are eligible for the VFL finals .
Remember last year a couple missed that had played seniors just prior because of he rules regarding numbers of AFL player numbers per team

Western Bulldogs players eligible:
Fletcher Roberts, Michael Talia, Zephaniah Skinner, Jason Johannison, Tom Campbell, Justin Sherman, Daniel Pearce, Patrick Veszpremi, Jason Tutt, Andrew Hooper, Tom Hill, Brodie Moles, Alex Greenwood, Matthew Panos, Lin Jong, Jack Redpath, James Mulligan

Fletcher Roberts, Michael Talia, Zephaniah Skinner, Jason Johannison, Tom Campbell, Justin Sherman, Daniel Pearce, Patrick Veszpremi, Jason Tutt, Andrew Hooper, Tom Hill, Brodie Moles, Alex Greenwood, Matthew Panos, Lin Jong, Jack Redpath, James Mulligan

Thanks Griff and Dogman, I was wondering about this myself. Willi should have a much stronger team to face Casey than what they did for Bendigo only 5 Bulldogs played I think.

Tom Campbell will provide a proper ruck option, while Talia will stiffen the defence. Jongy will add a lot too while Sherman and Zephy will add x factor. I am not sure if JJ is injured, Tutt and Pearce also? Anyone know their status?

I've crossed out the ones who have been injured and possibly Sherman. It's possible they may return from injury but the way the WB have treated the VFL comp I doubt any of them will play.

Thanks for the post G-Mo77.
I was wonder last Saturday why so little bulldog players were playing, specially Cordy. Is he not eligible due to lack of match plays in VFL?

I was wonder last Saturday why so little bulldog players were playing, specially Cordy. Is he not eligible due to lack of match plays in VFL?

FYI

If an AFL club is not playing finals then eligibility is governed under the following rules:
  • Players who have not played at least one AFL or VFL senior or AFL Victoria Development League match in the 2012 season are ineligible to play in the VFL senior finals.
  • Players who have played with the AFL Senior team of any AFL Club after July 1 of this season are ineligible to play in the VFL senior or AFL Victoria Development League Finals unless they have played a total of at least six senior VFL or AFL Victoria Development League matches in the same season.
Jones missed out by a game.

Yes, he only played 3 VFL games this year, most games he was out of dogs side he was rested or had slight injury niggles.

Moles, Roberts, Talia, Vezspremi, Panos, Hill and Greenwood selected for Saturdays final, Campbell and Sherman injured not sure why Jong and Skinner are not playing though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know if Cambpell , Skinner or Sherman are a chance to play against Port or why they didn't play against Casey ?

Anyone know if Cambpell , Skinner or Sherman are a chance to play against Port or why they didn't play against Casey ?
Sherman i believe is also injured and skinner went back home for a break so not sure if he will be back.

I think Veszpremi played a good game, as did Panos and did anyone else catch that goal from Tom Hill?

Hope he has a huge pre-season
Top goal against the wind - a yard less and it would've come straight down on the wrong side of the line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back