Williamstown v Box Hill Hawks, 9 June 2012, 1.10pm @ Burbank Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I know I said it earlier in the season, but I've been super impressed with the leadership Daniel Pratt has shown at Box Hill this year. Once again yesterday he set the example.

Big thumbs up from me.

Ellis has always been great at vfl getting the ball out of the guts. His disposal has always been just ok. I hope he can get his body right find some form and breaks into the hawks.
Now I love Lowden. He is a fantastic prospect as his work around the ground and ability to kick goals is great! But he seemed to have a massive height advantage in the ruck and got first hands to the ball a lot, but it didn't equate to easy clearences by box hill. In quite a few cases he tapped the ball straight to the opposition. Is it bad communication by the midfield, or just poor vision in Lowdens tapwork?
Frank...amazing in the last quarter! I really hopes he gets a chance at afl. But he's competing for a spot with Roili, Breust and Puopolo...

jones should be playing at the AFL level, no disgrace getting beaten he is a good young key position player, its all been on the lead from easy ball through the midfield, not much you can do about that. The midfield got better in the 2nd qtr and jones became ineffective, gilham needs to stay at BH for a few weeks, bring him back after the bye ready and raring to go.

He should played for Doggies last week, but no Bulldogs made the stupid decision of having 3 big Ruckman on a wet day......

Hallahan probably only gets limited game time, cause I'm sure he had an interrupted pre-season. Loving the feedback from the games about Amos & X's game! :)

Ellis has always been great at vfl getting the ball out of the guts. His disposal has always been just ok. I hope he can get his body right find some form and breaks into the hawks.
Now I love Lowden. He is a fantastic prospect as his work around the ground and ability to kick goals is great! But he seemed to have a massive height advantage in the ruck and got first hands to the ball a lot, but it didn't equate to easy clearences by box hill. In quite a few cases he tapped the ball straight to the opposition. Is it bad communication by the midfield, or just poor vision in Lowdens tapwork?
Frank...amazing in the last quarter! I really hopes he gets a chance at afl. But he's competing for a spot with Roili, Breust and Puopolo...

Maybe he could come in next week? or against GWS, but it's either Him or Schneider.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must say that I am a bit worried that we might lose Lowden at the end of the year if doesnt get any senior footy this year. I havent seen him play, but keep hearing good things about how he is going. Surely he must get a go soon/
Great to hear Amos played well today.......any chance he can get upgraded to play against GWS....??

I must say that I am a bit worried that we might lose Lowden at the end of the year if doesnt get any senior footy this year. I havent seen him play, but keep hearing good things about how he is going. Surely he must get a go soon/
Great to hear Amos played well today.......any chance he can get upgraded to play against GWS....??
What on earth makes you think Lowden would leave?
These kids know that they aren't going to "walk" into a senior birth. This is Hawthorn, not GWS.

He'll get his chance very soon.

Personally I loved his attitude - not to be messed up with.

It's easier to harness and channel that rather than trying to instill something that isn't there and may never be.

But he's a KPP, don't [censored] with his head with this rucking s**t on anything but a cameo basis.
Watched the replay again this morning and yeah Grimmers is an aggressive bastard, plenty of the c word in him. My kind of footballer.

These kids know that they aren't going to "walk" into a senior birth. This is Hawthorn, not GWS.

Jordan Lisle and Josh Kennedy say Hi.......
It only takes another club to see that he is going alright at BH and that we have already done the development for them, and they offer him a decent contract and the offer of some decent game time. Just look at Shane Mumford. Dont think that it couldnt happen to us......

Jordan Lisle and Josh Kennedy say Hi.......
It only takes another club to see that he is going alright at BH and that we have already done the development for them, and they offer him a decent contract and the offer of some decent game time. Just look at Shane Mumford. Dont think that it couldnt happen to us......
You've named two players who the coach didn't rate at the time(rightly or wrongly).

I know for a fact that Clarkson rates Luke.

You've named two players who the coach didn't rate at the time(rightly or wrongly).

Yes I agree, otherwise he would have been delisted at the end of 2011.

Well, I certainly hope so. I would hate to see him get lured to another club at the end of the year with the promise of gametime in the seniors. I have never seen Luke play, but have read a lot on BF and the BH match reports about his progress, and I think he could end up surpassing Max as our number 1 ruck within a couple of years. Sounds like he is quite mobile for a big man, takes a good grab and tapwork is developing nicely. It would be a real kick in the guts if he got snatched from us after all the work to develop him hopefully to AFL standard, and he is the one I am most worried about losing.
Cmon Clarko.....get him into the side.

While Lowden leaving is a tad premature, the point about the club not rewarding form and development of players at Box Hill is a germane one.

I believe, things have changed a bit, but as a generalised observation it has merit.

And yes, I agree he'll get his chance very soon.

Personally I loved his attitude - not to be messed up with.

It's easier to harness and channel that rather than trying to instill something that isn't there and may never be.

But he's a KPP, don't [censored] with his head with this rucking s**t on anything but a cameo basis.

I'm sorry but there is a difference between 'not to be messed up with' and blatant ill-discipline.

He nearly cost them the game! If this had happened in the seniors (Hawthorn) I really think everyone on here would have come down a lot harder on him and rightly so. Sam out of all the ruckmen is probably the lowest down the pecking order (maybe Pattinson) and for his own (and the teams) sake should be trying to cut these unnecessary detrimental facets out of his game instead of arguing with the umpire and giving away stupid free kicks.

There is a replay on ABC1 2.30am tonight if anyone is interested. Great game of footy!! Tough and honest game of football compared to sterile and clinical bombers vs swans game Saturday night.

Match report posted to the Box Hill website:

Jonathan Demos said:
Box Hill snatched a remarkable come from behind victory against Williamstown at the newly redevelopment Burbank Oval on Saturday afternoon.
In wet conditions, the performances of midfielder Luke Andrews alongside Hawthorn-listed trio Amos Frank, Tom Murphy and the returning Xavier Ellis were crucial. The Hawks overturned a 26-point quarter time deficit as well as coming from behind at three quarter time, one player short, to claim the six point victory

More here: http://www.boxhillhawks.com.au/news-read.aspx?NewsId=917

Remove this Banner Ad

Back