WNBL 19/20 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm looking forward to the Lynx totally dominating the Regular season again.
I'm not looking forward to their customary Semi Finals choke.
They're becoming the Collingwood of WNBL Finals.

Not that I’m even from the South East but it’s a massive shame they’ve lost that brand and history that was embroidered in the WNBL for so long.

I wonder if the support will stay the same or drop off.
looked bleek tonight on TV but being Thursday night might have more to do with it. it happens look at Nunawading

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible blow for Southside, losing Jenna O'Hea for the rest of the season.
Meanwhile interesting to see that cutting their 'best' players has had a positive effect for both Bendigo and Townsville. Now today Perth cut McGee-Stafford (who you'd never call their best player, but certainly highly credentialed and highly paid)
WNBL teams not putting up with any crap right now! (though note that all 3 teams making cuts are gone from playoff contention)

Last edited:
Canberra defeated Melbourne and Southside on the weekend. Griffin was missing from both games and Froling missing from the Southside game. O'Hea may have been missing, but that was still a good win by the Caps, away from home, missing two important forwards.

Canberra defeated Melbourne and Southside on the weekend. Griffin was missing from both games and Froling missing from the Southside game. O'Hea may have been missing, but that was still a good win by the Caps, away from home, missing two important forwards.
That was a huge weekend by the Caps, yeah, especially the Southside win.
I thought Perth might scare them today, but when Tolo is raining down long 2s like that there's nothing you can do.

And the good thing for Canberra is that through these injuries they've given real minutes and meaningful roles to their peripheral players. Everyone subs in now looking to be proactive, which is perfect coming into playoffs.

That was a huge weekend by the Caps, yeah, especially the Southside win.
I thought Perth might scare them today, but when Tolo is raining down long 2s like that there's nothing you can do.

And the good thing for Canberra is that through these injuries they've given real minutes and meaningful roles to their peripheral players. Everyone subs in now looking to be proactive, which is perfect coming into playoffs.
The Caps played alright tonight, for three quarters anyway. The fourth was pretty poor but the game was well and truly over by then.

Griffin returned tonight, played about 20 minutes and finished with 8 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 blocks, 2 steals. Not a bad nights work for a someone on "light duties".

I think we learnt a bit about Delaney and Rocci on the weekend, they have been patiently sitting behind more experienced players this season and when given an opportunity to shine really stood up. I wasn't entirely confident that the Caps had the depth to match Southside or Melbourne in a finals series if we didn't have home court advantage, the girls showed last week that we have the quality to compete and go back to back, even if we have to do it from third.

Really looking forward to the finals, all four teams look capable.

BACK-2-BACK

Australians most successful woman’s sporting team won their 9th WNBL title.

GettyImages-1210310465-1.jpg

Congratulations Caps

Last edited:
Barely missed a game all season and of course I was away for work for GF games 1 & 2.
Was a high quality series, and deserved to go to a game 3. (and might have done, had that blatant Griffin trip not been ignored by the refs at the end of game 1).
Caps just too classy in the end. Too many elite players to contain. The Flyers relied way too heavily on their starting 5 all season, and it probably bit them in the arse in game 2 when Cole got into foul trouble.

The whole playoff series was really enjoyable IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back