Toast Womens World Cup 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if this is sour grapes but some claiming the Pommie girls played dirty, surprise, surprise.
They also played waaaaayyyy better. The difference in quality through balls was startling.

That said the Lionesses contain more rough heads than a Roughead family reunion, and I'm still not convinced they aren't the British Lions union squad in very poorly dyed blonde wigs.

Who was the bloke in the suit on the podium doing all the grabbing and lifting of the women? Shoving his face into their necks and bear hugging them off the ground? Looked disgusting. Didn't seem like the players had much choice but to go along with his mauling and extended face rubbing. I guess he was Spanish. What an utter pig. As bad as Infantino directing the women players as though they were school children, refusing to hand over the trophy until they all stood where he told them. * off these nauseating male gatekeepers.

Who was the bloke in the suit on the podium doing all the grabbing and lifting of the women? Shoving his face into their necks and bear hugging them off the ground? Looked disgusting. Didn't seem like the players had much choice but to go along with his mauling and extended face rubbing. I guess he was Spanish. What an utter pig. As bad as Infantino directing the women players as though they were school children, refusing to hand over the trophy until they all stood where he told them. * off these nauseating male gatekeepers.
Spanish football federation president Luis Rubiales…

"Things on the podium soon took a further turn for the worse when Spanish football federation president Luis Rubiales began kissing Spanish players on the lips.
Vision of Rubiales grabbing the back of Spanish midfielder Jenni Hermoso’s head and kissing her smack on the lips during the post-match trophy ceremonies quickly sparked outrage. He was also seen lifting the 33-year-old off her feet during a bear hug.
Hermoso later said on Instagram that she “didn’t like it”. However, Rubiales defended it all as a “natural gesture of affection”.
“It was a totally spontaneous mutual gesture because of the immense joy that winning a World Cup brings,” said Hermoso, in comments passed to AFP by the Spanish federation."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back