Toast Womens World Cup 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't wait for tonight. One of the biggest nights in Australian sporting history.

I love these Matildas. Have been fully invested for years - there's just something about this team that is so special.

They unite us as a nation like very few others can. What they have done and continue to do for women's sport is amazing. But it's not just little girls all around the country who look up to these ladies - it's boys, men and women of all ages. They are leaving a true and lasting legacy.

It's now not just Sam Kerr. She may still be the headline act but so many of these ladies are household names around Australia.

They do us proud each and every time they represent us as a country. You can see what it means to them to represent their country, and they are so humble each and every time they do.

Humble champions. Each and every one of them.

England are fantastic. But the Matildas...our Matildas, are in with a great shot. Would love to have been there at the stadium tonight but I'll be cheering them on from the pub.

Let's ******* go.

Ref has refused to pay 2 or 3 blatant reds against them so far.

The professional foul at the start would have been a straight red in any other game other than a World Cup semi-final or final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What hurts the most is that those two goals were from two players that should have been red carded earlier.

What a shame. But what a ride the past month has been.

Clearly the second best team out there tonight. England all but nullified Foord, Raso, Catley, even Fowler.

Defensively poor tonight. Howler by Carpenter to allow the second goal. Polkinghorne isn’t a starter and it showed tonight, she was off the pace.

Moment of brilliance from Kerr not enough sadly. But what a hit that was and what a beautiful few minutes in the aftermath.

Proud of the girls who gave their all for their country. They represented us with absolute class the whole way through.

A final on home soil would have been something special but it wasn’t to be.

Oh well…now go out and win that 3rd place playoff.

As much as I love footy I also love soccer.
I’ve been to a men’s World Cup and now a women’s World Cup and it truly is special.
The way we unite behind our Socceroos and now our Matildas is just incredible. Long may it continue.

Soccer will never be as big in this country as footy but there is room for both and both can be huge.
Just need the right people in charge which has sadly been lacking. This momentum must be harnessed not lost.

What a shame. But what a ride the past month has been.

Clearly the second best team out there tonight. England all but nullified Foord, Raso, Catley, even Fowler.

Defensively poor tonight. Howler by Carpenter to allow the second goal. Polkinghorne isn’t a starter and it showed tonight, she was off the pace.

Moment of brilliance from Kerr not enough sadly. But what a hit that was and what a beautiful few minutes in the aftermath.

Proud of the girls who gave their all for their country. They represented us with absolute class the whole way through.

A final on home soil would have been something special but it wasn’t to be.

Oh well…now go out and win that 3rd place playoff.

As much as I love footy I also love soccer.
I’ve been to a men’s World Cup and now a women’s World Cup and it truly is special.
The way we unite behind our Socceroos and now our Matildas is just incredible. Long may it continue.

Soccer will never be as big in this country as footy but there is room for both and both can be huge.
Just need the right people in charge which has sadly been lacking. This momentum must be harnessed not lost.

Not clearly.

The ref. shot us in H1.

Should have dealt out 4 or more yellows, arguably one red - a studs up slide tackle....

That would have changed everything.

And yes, we were off and that Carpenter howler should be used by coached for years to come....

The Matildas who were under enormous pressure of having to perform in front of a home crowd, just fell short against the better drilled English girls who shut down our danger players. Still the Tillies can be so proud of their brave effort to make the semis, one which will inspire a generation of girls..

Last edited:
And yes, we were off and that Carpenter howler should be used by coached for years to come....

Not sure they’ll want to completely ruin the confidence of a 23 year old mainstay in the side.

She knows she made a big error, not sure there’s any point to dwelling on it internally.

Not sure if this is sour grapes but some claiming the Pommie girls played dirty, surprise, surprise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back