Games & Recreation Work Christmas Parties

Remove this Banner Ad

Back in the early 2000's I worked for a tech company that was ASX listed with offices in Perth and Melbourne, each year the CEO and other senior management came across to Perth for our Christmas Party.

Two years in a row the CEO was carried out of the Christmas party hammered and both parties got pretty wild after especially as most of the staff were aged in their early to mid 20's.

Another incident involving the CEO happened at a sundowner where a colleague of mine enjoyed the free beers a bit too much and got into a argument with the CEO and decided to have a swing at him, luckily missed and got removed from the venue.

The next day my colleague walked into the office and started packing up his desk expecting to get fired. The CEO was on a flight back to Melbourne at this stage and my colleague was advised by HR if he gave the CEO a call later in the day and apologised then all would be forgiven.
Not Otto B?

there's a few where i work, some branch ones and a whole of organisation which i don't attend.
this year it was a paid for brunch, which was nice but on a work day and everyone was just too busy to enjoy it. had that and then spent the next 10 hours at work. we also have a couple of beers at COB before holidays, nothing major.
whole organization one is your typical christmas party, everyone getting sloshed on someone else's coin, the top buttons are undone and the facade comes down.

Im a nurse. This is what we experience. Hospital pays for maybe a few food trucks, there's soft drink . Some of the wards put on funny skits and there's a few awards. We get maybe 1/2hr to an hour to eat then we go back as the alternate shift has their turn.

Meanwhile admin staff and the head honchos can stay for ages and avail themselves of the free booze which obviously we aren't allowed to touch.

The current hospital i work at laid on ....wait for it...a sausage sizzle cold drink and icecream. While i got mine the food ran out and some staff missed out.

To be honest it always makes me sad that we work so hard and yet we don't even get 2 hours to sit on our arse and have fun.

Our nurses hire out a venue, drinks and finger food (its really about the drinks), then move from that venue when they shut doors to another (and often a third)...

Was coming here just to mention that Yarra Trams will probably be a zero alcohol/must be approved by HR function from now on.

HR folk must go home at the end of the day proud with what they have achieved. "How was your day hun?"

"Well today I wrote a policy making it so that all vending machines in our depots can only sell 'green traffic light' food".

campaigners

Was coming here just to mention that Yarra Trams will probably be a zero alcohol/must be approved by HR function from now on.

HR folk must go home at the end of the day proud with what they have achieved. "How was your day hun?"

"Well today I wrote a policy making it so that all vending machines in our depots can only sell 'green traffic light' food".

campaigners
Do you read the 'm8s' page on facebook?

The Best = 2000 Hoyts St Kilda Xmas Party + 2 hours free play at Galactic Circus at Crown.

The Worst = not really worse per say, cause I havent really been to any stinkers, but the worst would have been 2020 at my old school. They were having a socially distanced morning tea, but here's the kicker- it was awful. I'm talking a couple of Arnott's biscuits and that's it. I wasnt even invited to that tho, cause I cleaned out my desk in November. Yer thanks tho for everything after only 14 years of service..

Last edited:
We're going to a Japanese restaurant for dinner and drinks after drinks in the park nearby. There will be a lot of drinks and we've got a good bunch so it should be fun.

I was at a Xmas party years ago and it was at the factory, the MD had bought some cheap plastic chairs from Kmart. One of the poor (chubby) bastards sat on one and smashed it to pieces, very embarrassing for the poor fella.

The Best = 2000 Hoyts St Kilda Xmas Party + 2 hours free play at Galactic Circus at Crown.

The Worst = not really worse per say, cause I havent really been to any stinkers, but the worst would have been 2000 at my old school. They were having a socially distanced morning tea, but here's the kicker- it was awful. I'm talking a couple of Arnott's biscuits and that's it. I wasnt even invited to that tho, cause I cleaned out my desk in November. Yer thanks tho for everything after only 14 years of service..
you mean 2020 at school not 2000? but yeah that sounds lame
though we missed out in 2020 due to the covid, we had a "socially distanced" (completely non compliant) Xmas in May 2021 during one of the short breaks between lockdowns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do a cocktail party for the Managers - lots of food, lots of booze, a DJ and dancing. We're going to a rooftop bar in the city this year. Then for the general staff we're going to Ballers Clubhouse so they can spread out over the ping pong tables, pool tables, dart boards, dance floor etc.
Can I come pls?

I have six work Christmas parties/lunches/dinners this year - our team, our management team, our office floor party, and three other internal customers/project teams that I work with

I don't mind the odd social catch-up but it's a bit out of control
That is actually pretty funny.

Its similar to that Seinfeld Episode where they keep celebrating birthdays, then farewell days, then sick days... it just never ends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back