Worst afl player you've seen (and why)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a forward.
Not a ruck.
He's just filling the spot.
I think that he has been serviceable.
I'm watching McCartin right now and McCartin is making Boyd look like Carey.

I know Boyd is a forward, masquerading in the ruck. That's the problem, the Dogs don't have a player who can actually ruck effectively right now.

He's among the worst performing ruckmen in the league in terms of stoppage work (clearances, tackles, 1%ers), and gets a pretty low volume of hitouts, so I doubt he would have made much difference.

The Dogs are doing their midfielders a disservice by not having a proper mature ruckman in there. A must this off-season.
He works exceptionally hard with 2nd and 3rd efforts in at the stoppage to neutralise the effectiveness of his opposing rucks, which he has been very good at doing this season - not unlike a young Ben Hudson. His workrate is light years ahead of where he was even 12 months ago.

Last night our rucks didn't work anywhere near hard enough after the initial stoppage, hence why we lost the hitouts 63-15 and were smashed in clearances by just an OK ruck division - English is a kid and Roughy is still finding his form affer injury. We missed Boyd big time.

I'm not disagreeing, maybe trying to defend our club a little in what was the worst decision in our short history, inasmuch as it was ours. Money was actually the AFL's so everyone entitled to be pissed.

All your money is the AFL's.

Where do I begin...

Paul Bower, Robert Warnock, Shaun Hampson...

The worst Id say though is Dale Thomas for obvious reasons

You think a bloke who was an All-Australian player in Collingwood's contending years and was a top end player in the AFL for a good few years is the worst player you've ever seen play AFL?
Jeez, I know the bloke's got a stuffed foot and is on a fair amount of coin but even now he's still a half decent player, just a terrible contract.

You think a bloke who was an All-Australian player in Collingwood's contending years and was a top end player in the AFL for a good few years is the worst player you've ever seen play AFL?
Jeez, I know the bloke's got a stuffed foot and is on a fair amount of coin but even now he's still a half decent player, just a terrible contract.
He has arguably been the worst player in the AFL since he moved to Carlton. Considering his ability, his contract and his role in the team, he is basically damaged goods and Collingwood probably knew it at the time

He was a good player at Collingwood but you get assessed on your whole career..

The Dogs are doing their midfielders a disservice by not having a proper mature ruckman in there. A must this off-season.

You are right about that. Its been our achilles heel for the last 2 seasons. Roughead is injury prone, Tom Campbell isnt up to it, neither is English (too young, too early)

Cloke was a gamble that has not paid off leaving Boyd to do 2 roles, which he isnt suited to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has arguably been the worst player in the AFL since he moved to Carlton. Considering his ability, his contract and his role in the team, he is basically damaged goods and Collingwood probably knew it at the time

He was a good player at Collingwood but you get assessed on your whole career..

I've seen us play regularly and daisy as much as the contract has shitted me isn't even near our worst players fielded in that period

Yes he was a constant source of frustration at Geelong. Played one good game against Brisbane and kicked 4 or 5 so they willingly gave us a draft pick for him.

Walker at bris is terrible, I was worried when our name was mentioned in the running for him, seemed like Liam Jones mark II (pre resurrection as the future hall of fame defender)

To my mind, the worst Bulldog player to play 50 games was Patrick Bowden.

Patrick was skilled and a good size, but frightened of his own shadow.
I have a memory of a pre-season game in 2005 against Carlton where he was running towards the ball and saw Cory McGrath coming towards him. He piked the contest and went down as if he had been hit by a Mack truck. he had to be carried off, but had no injury and they had him back on the ground in 5 mins.

He then went to Richmond and looked good for a year until everyone worked out that he was only any good away from the contest. He disappeared to suburban footy after that.

Why did you have to remind me of Cory McGrath?

Tom Flower
Greg Healy
2 of the Dud Brothers squad

david and Donald che Cockatoo collins
Recruited for sentimental reasons but shockers

Glenn molloy 20 unforgettable games , a dud father son recruit for Melbourne
I remember when Donald and David first bust on to the scene, they had massive wraps on them but fizzed out pretty quickly,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back