Worst afl player you've seen (and why)

Remove this Banner Ad

Negged. Tyrone Vickery was a phenomenal player at Richmond. I don't remember what season it was (maybe 2015?) when Richmond were somewhere near the bottom of the ladder midway through the season, before they won the last 9 or 10 games consecutively to make the top 8. Well Vickery was one of the most important players during that resurrection. If he'd focused more on improving his football instead of smacking blokes in the ******* head, he might have been an all-time great.
2014*

And tbf, for some context of the time that Vickery whacked Cox in the snoz, Cox had just elbowed Vickery hard in the guts out of nowhere. Although Vickery's shot on Cox was dirty, it wasn't completely out of the blue.

Mitch Honeychurch tried his balls off and would occasionally do some okay things as a result of his pressure, but was a terrible, terrible footballer otherwise
Some of the Freo guys who played when they were resting their stars in R23 looked like fish out of water

Last edited:
Luke Brennan

A top ten pick. Not sure what Hawthorn's scouts saw in him to warrant such a lofty selection, but if I recall correctly, his draft class was pretty poor.

I’m sure it’s been raised somewhere but no worse footballer has ever played at senior AFL level than Israel Folau. He owns this title by a long, long, long way.

The second-worst would be 10x the player he was.

James Davies (Essendon) Nick Bruton (Dogs) have Izzy covered easily..

I can remember a few at Port Adelaide;

John Butcher
Simon Phillips
Jimmy Toumpas
Jack Watts
Darren Pfeiffer
Mitch Banner
Steven Salopek
Andrew Moore
Jason Davenport
Tom Logan
Paul Stewart
Nathan Lonie
Michael Pettigrew
Nick Lower
Greg Bentley
Brad Symes
Fabian Deluca

Nil all draw - Dawson tries to spoil the back of Folau's head in the marking contest but Folau hasn't got anywhere near the ball so his fist strikes empty air.

Kepler Bradley was another dodo top 10 dud in the noughties that somehow churned out 87 games between Ess-freo.

A gangly spud that couldn’t kick, mark or run & was possibly the biggest liability in defence, that I think RTB played him fwd in the end at freo.

Kepler Bradley was another dodo top 10 dud in the noughties that somehow churned out 87 games between Ess-freo.

A gangly spud that couldn’t kick, mark or run & was possibly the biggest liability in defence, that I think RTB played him fwd in the end at freo.
The amount of first round picks Essendon has burnt on spuds is simply astounding that Dodoro is still employed..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pittard close to the worst current player getting regular games. i have no idea what value he adds to the team other than turning the ball over
Short memory there
Didn't you watch Jasper smash your mob in the round 15 demolition last season? image.jpeg

Last edited:
So what, even the worst players have the odd good game. Doesn't change the fact that he is a very ordinary footballer, who adds little to his side.
Yeah you're right mate
Even the worst players make the All Australian squad 🙄 image.jpeg

The amount of first round picks Essendon has burnt on spuds is simply astounding that Dodoro is still employed..
Just had a look.

(00 – 09) Davies, Harvey, Laycock, Winderlich, Bradley, Stanton, Monfries, Ryder, Dempsey, Gumbleton, Myers, Hurley & Melksham.
(10 – 19) Heppell, Kavanaugh, Daniher, Langford, Laverde, Parish, Francis & McGrath.

Hit with Hurly, Heppell and to some extent with Daniher and Ryder.
Monfries, Stanton and maybe Melksham would be a pass.
Probably still too early to really know about McGrath, Parish and maybe Francis.

The rest is a really really big pile of yuck. No wonder they just traded out of the first round for the last 3 years

Just had a look.

(00 – 09) Davies, Harvey, Laycock, Winderlich, Bradley, Stanton, Monfries, Ryder, Dempsey, Gumbleton, Myers, Hurley & Melksham.
(10 – 19) Heppell, Kavanaugh, Daniher, Langford, Laverde, Parish, Francis & McGrath.

Hit with Hurly, Heppell and to some extent with Daniher and Ryder.
Monfries, Stanton and maybe Melksham would be a pass.
Probably still too early to really know about McGrath, Parish and maybe Francis.

The rest is a really really big pile of yuck. No wonder they just traded out of the first round for the last 3 years
Harsh on Gumbleton, bloke couldn't get on the park.

Todd Elton was on our list for 6 years I think and never even played a good game at VFL level. Played 6 games in 2017 kicking 1 goal. I guess being so bad it meant we had to go ultra small in our forward line which won us a flag. He played 10 career games averaging 4 kicks and 3 marks as a tall forward. 2 career goals.

Negged. Tyrone Vickery was a phenomenal player at Richmond. I don't remember what season it was (maybe 2015?) when Richmond were somewhere near the bottom of the ladder midway through the season, before they won the last 9 or 10 games consecutively to make the top 8. Well Vickery was one of the most important players during that resurrection. If he'd focused more on improving his football instead of smacking blokes in the ******* head, he might have been an all-time great.
Tyrone “Beast Mode” Vickery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back