Moved Thread Worst Commentary Display EVER

Remove this Banner Ad

Who cares, soccer's gay

foster-420-420x0.jpg

Tad silly... BT is filled with so much hot air he wouldn't sink, do you even physics?

One of the worst memes circulating the internet. Please don't spread it here.

Strangely enough I've come to enjoy Hamish 'Rompingwins' McLachlan.

Channel 7 can turf BT, Bruce and Basil Zempilas in one hit, all of them are shocking.

I think they need someone like Gerard Whateley or Tim Lane to bring some legitimacy to the call.

Also that hour before the game on Saturday that they have segments and discussion is just plain woeful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay so who do we want commentating on channel 7?
Anthony Hudson, Bruce, Dunstall and Lynch should be the A-Team. Those three are very accurate, they don't get distracted by meaningless dribble and they are far and away the most proffessional.

The Crap they had on tonight are a disgrace to the game and an embarrassment to the Network (Ling aside)

Okay so who do we want commentating on channel 7?
Gerard and Huddo doing the pre-match, Gerard and Huddo doing the commentary, Gerard and Huddo providing half time analysis, Gerard and Huddo doing the post-game stuff. Maybe chuck to Robbo on the boundary once a quarter to listen to his insights on the price of beer.

I'm sick of BT and Luke "I just love the way he goes about it" Darcy ruining every Saturday night blockbuster with their dribble and humor aimed at a bunch of imbeciles.

Says a lot about Channel Seven really. I've been saying it for years, Australian TV is a disgrace, far from professional and look at me w***ers run the channels.

Go find me an NFL, NBA or EPL blockbuster that has a bunch of commentators rambling on about nothing and trying desperately to create a great catchphrase.

Just ******* embarrassing. A blight on our game. I shouldn't have attend every bloody match just to enjoy the game and listen to some good commentary. People abused Rex but up until his last year at 3AW, he was funny and he knew what he was talking about.

It's not just the Saturday night crew either. Almost every seven commentator is a disgrace and if Foxtel was more affordable, seven would be looking at record lows in ratings. In fact, the entire seven network are a bunch of muppets.

One must wonder how a network can go so far backwards in footy broadcasting after being quite good early in the millennium.

Really hope I see BT around this season so I can tell him what a ******* he is.

Despite the hyperbole, BT is actually pretty switched on to some of the nuances of the game. For instances he called the Milne attempted selling of candy before he did it.

However he lets himself down by engaging in the 'in' jokes with some of his FM footy mates. Some of the banter is amusing if you are on the same wavelength. Unfortunately most people aren't and it just comes across rubbish.

We Geelong supporters recently endured two Sat night calls with BT and his posse. Bloody disgusting calling again tonight. BT needs to be shown the door as he is the worst caller I have ever heard. Often he doesn't even know the names of players and often just talks s**t over the play and doesn't bother even calling the play. BT is shite and Darcy is not far behind.

The majority of AFL TV commentators need to realise that we can see the footy. We don't need everything called by you. The EPL guys are brilliant at making sure they don't commentate too much.

BT thinks he's calling for Triple M still.

I lilke the guy, but he always blues with Richo over BS.

Used to love BT when he was on Triple M. His commentating style just doesn't work for a TV audience.

Like.

I didn't realise how bad he was until he switched to TV and you could actually see all the stuff he gets blatantly, horribly wrong. If I was advising him I'd be telling him, for the love of god, get back to radio asap while you still have some currency.

The majority of AFL TV commentators need to realise that we can see the footy. We don't need everything called by you. The EPL guys are brilliant at making sure they don't commentate too much.

If they weren't calling the play by play they wouldn't shut up, they'd instead spend more time on chit chat.

It's the same with the new cricket commentators. Richie and co used to just call what was going on or say nothing at all. In periods of what used to be silence, Slater and co like to yap and yap. I actually like this new gen of cricket commentators but that can get a bit annoying. It's possibly a directive though.

I agree he's made for Triple M and not free to air telly for the masses, but I can't cop this thread at all.

MILES ahead of Derr-wayne, Rompingwins and Basil, even with all his over the top nonsense. Those 3 have no feel for the game whatsoever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back