Health Worst pain you have felt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Touch wood.... lucky me hasn't had and real bad stuff. My worst was a sinus infection. Far'k me, I couldn't believe it. It felt like a nail was going through one side of my head from the upper cheek to the back on my skull.

it was wall to wall Panadol or Panadeine for me for a few days until the antibiotics started having an effect. It was caused by blowing my nose way too hard, and I felt some snot pop into the sinus area. Just worse than a toothache.

After that was a relatively minor neck injury. Man, I feel for people with REAL neck or back injuries.

Physical pain is nice. I like it in a way, not that I put myself in a position to feel it often. But would prefer to break my leg than lose someone I love.

Emotinally; where do I begin... life has been pretty f'ed up. It will get better though. If I go through all the s**t now I should have a clear run for the rest of my life right?

Back. Pinched nerves. Doc said wait it out don't get surgery. I did but hell. At least no damage.

Knee. Took a knock. Thought * I've actually done my knee. Embarrassing. Doc did the ACL test said you're fine. Spent the weekend in bed. Couldn't move my leg more than 15 degrees. Got up Monday like nothing happened.
Got the flu going round day after the granny. Was about to surrender call an ambulance when my temp felt 150 degree and the miagrain meant I was seeing double. Basic pass out sweated out over night bit tired monday Tuesday was fine.

I once had a relatively minor neck injury.

I woke up with a stiff/sore neck one day -- as ya do -- which hurt when I turned my head to the right. I decided to "man up", and instead of spending the whole day like a stiff-necked fool who was inconvenienced by only being able to look straight or to my left, I pushed through it and turned my head to the right as much as I wanted, ignoring the pain. I even did some weights.

Big mistake!!

The next day it was heaps worse. I went for a bike ride, and further aggravated it by jarring it when I rode over a big bump I didn't see (my neck was relaxed). It was killing me, and I had to work that night. The worst part was: all evening, all I could think about was getting to bed when I got home. So, I lay down and it was NO BETTER, and possibly a little worse. Faaaaark. I couldn't sleep.

I took some more Panadol, put a hot water bottle on it, did some stretches, and I think I eventually got to sleep after a couple of hours.
It was farked for 2 or 3 three days.

As I said above, I feel for people with REAL neck or back pain

Physical pain is nice. I like it in a way, not that I put myself in a position to feel it often. But would prefer to break my leg than lose someone I love.

Emotinally; where do I begin... life has been pretty f'ed up. It will get better though. If I go through all the s**t now I should have a clear run for the rest of my life right?
The feeling of pain is nature's way of keeping us in the gene pool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Period pain...

How bad is the male period?

I didnt want to say it, but this would be my reply to this thread. Putting up with the incredibly painful cramps from when I was 14 to about 22/23 every ****ing month was an absolute bitch.

The only pain I would rank higher than that was when I had conjunctivitis and with an ulcer on my right eye, it felt like i was being stabbed in the eye with a needle, over and over again every 30 seconds. I honestly had fantasies of ripping out my eye, Kill Bill style :D

(Instead went to the Eye and Ear hospital for some much needed relief)

I once had a relatively minor neck injury.

I woke up with a stiff/sore neck one day -- as ya do -- which hurt when I turned my head to the right. I decided to "man up", and instead of spending the whole day like a stiff-necked fool who was inconvenienced by only being able to look straight or to my left, I pushed through it and turned my head to the right as much as I wanted, ignoring the pain. I even did some weights.

Big mistake!!

The next day it was heaps worse. I went for a bike ride, and further aggravated it by jarring it when I rode over a big bump I didn't see (my neck was relaxed). It was killing me, and I had to work that night. The worst part was: all evening, all I could think about was getting to bed when I got home. So, I lay down and it was NO BETTER, and possibly a little worse. Faaaaark. I couldn't sleep.

I took some more Panadol, put a hot water bottle on it, did some stretches, and I think I eventually got to sleep after a couple of hours.
It was farked for 2 or 3 three days.

As I said above, I feel for people with REAL neck or back pain

This is what a real neck injury should look like (August last year). Sort of the end of 5 years of chronic pain, even had to take early retirement.

The hands on the picture are a reflection of mine. Taped the xray to the window to get light through it to take picture.

609C589C-1BA1-4BF5-B7E0-2DBA7AC1B5A9.jpeg

Crikey! What happened?

Very good question. There was a bunch of different things that came together. Surgery called ACDF.

One part was a sporting injury. I know exactly when and where that happened as I carried some pain for years afterwards.
Probably another impact injury as there was a mis-alignment of a vertebra putting pressure on the spinal cord.
Then there were the things of unknown cause, but probably a combination of genetics and age. Stenosis, narrowing of the spinal cord channel. Bone spurs pressing onto spinal cord, and onto other outgoing nerves. Two discs ruptured.

Everything was held in reasonable place until I stuffed a shoulder. A couple of surgeries and various other interventions meant loss of the muscle tone and strength that supported neck....

Anyway, I can recommend a really good neurosurgeon.

This is what a real neck injury should look like (August last year). Sort of the end of 5 years of chronic pain, even had to take early retirement.

The hands on the picture are a reflection of mine. Taped the xray to the window to get light through it to take picture.

View attachment 571963
Wow that's a crazy xray. What part of your explanation was the result of the plate being put in.

Wow that's a crazy xray. What part of your explanation was the result of the plate being put in.

Everything was ground out and realigned.

The spacer things are where the discs were removed. Designed to fuse the bones together.

The screws and plate are designed to hold everything in correct place as the fusion occurs.

I got stung by a tarantula hawk (a wasp) in Argentina, while hiking near Bariloche, at the start of this year.

Jesus actual ******* Christ.

The pain only lasted about 5-7 minutes I'd say, but it was unbelievably intense; the sort where any other activity became impossible and all you could do was either scream or bite your arm to stop the screaming. As the hike we were doing was next to Lake Nahuel Huapi, I tried putting the sting site (which was on my leg) in the water for relief; it did nothing though.

I didnt want to say it, but this would be my reply to this thread. Putting up with the incredibly painful cramps from when I was 14 to about 22/23 every ****ing month was an absolute bitch.

The only pain I would rank higher than that was when I had conjunctivitis and with an ulcer on my right eye, it felt like i was being stabbed in the eye with a needle, over and over again every 30 seconds. I honestly had fantasies of ripping out my eye, Kill Bill style :D

(Instead went to the Eye and Ear hospital for some much needed relief)
Bumping it... x

I got stung by a tarantula hawk (a wasp) in Argentina, while hiking near Bariloche, at the start of this year.

Jesus actual ******* Christ.

The pain only lasted about 5-7 minutes I'd say, but it was unbelievably intense; the sort where any other activity became impossible and all you could do was either scream or bite your arm to stop the screaming. As the hike we were doing was next to Lake Nahuel Huapi, I tried putting the sting site (which was on my leg) in the water for relief; it did nothing though.
Seen one of these in Aus too. Nasty looking *ers.

Richmond losing to Collingwood this year hurt more than when I had to be in an ambulance on morphine for reasons I wont say

Remove this Banner Ad

Back