Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Interesting matchup Monterrey first round: Konta v Clijsters.
Kim must be a good chance as Konta been struggling with form and injury.

Azarenka making her first appearance of the season.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Thoughts BobbyMorri.
Match of the day later this morning. Venus v Schmiedlova. ;)
Venus not winning many matches these days.
Be a chance that Schmieds up a set and a break then blowing it.
No

Venus will getaway to a 5-1 lead only for Schmieds to get back on serve at 5-4 in the first set.

the mental willpower to do that sort of comeback is amazing.

Haven't had the chance to follow it much this weekend. KNow sab and Watson won the Qatar and Mexican opens.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Sab played lights out tennis in the final. Not as if Kvitova played badly either. Barty was awful in the semi against Petra. Didn't watch the Mexican Open.

Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
No

Venus will getaway to a 5-1 lead only for Schmieds to get back on serve at 5-4 in the first set.

the mental willpower to do that sort of comeback is amazing.
One set all now. They're having a good dip. Almost two hours for two sets. Schmieds serving first third set.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
One set all now. They're having a good dip. Almost two hours for two sets. Schmieds serving first third set.
there have been a couple of long deuces. but Schmieds has won the last 12 out of 16 games if my maths is right.

Has this in the bag. Hopefully, the reverse jinx works this time.

Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
I am not worried. just because Schmieds lost a game from 30-0 at 4-0 doesn't mean history will repeat.
Well she got over the line. I must say that sinking feeling was there when Williams got back to 4-2. But as you said what about that mental willpower. ;)

As for physical willpower she'll be running on empty in the next round.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Well she got over the line. I must say that sinking feeling was there when Williams got back to 4-2. But as you said what about that mental willpower. ;)

As for physical willpower she'll be running on empty in the next round.
yeah. still, a 2nd round coming from quallies is a good result for her on a hard court. her first main draw win of the year as well......

Stephens is struggling to beat a person ranked in the 450's atm.

Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
What a bummer, Kenin getting out of jail earlier on. Cristian (174) led a set and 5-3 and blew it.
Grrrr, I can't stand Kenin. Hate the way she struts around on the court.

Stephens losing to Fernandez. Another young Canadian on the rise who lost in the Acapulco final last week.

Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Proposed schedule. Bit optimistic you'd think. WTA thinking of the dollars income big time with all the China tournaments listed.

WTA.jpg

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
North America August is feasibly good in theory for locking down players in country for a period, but with the American Covid response and subsequent protests it is hard to have faith in it (the players might not feel comfortable being there either).

Would love to see Australia pick up some one-off relocated tournaments like a few grass and maybe a Melbourne masters.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
It really depends on what happens in the US and in China. Covid is still a thing and the US is so lax that they may allow it despite it.

I am really hoping we get some tournaments in December. Extend our season. You would think we(Aus+NZ) will be one of the first places to allow full crowds in.

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would think with the reluctance of top players to want to compete in tournaments especially those in the US, it cant go ahead yet, i would think Europe has more chance of hosting tournaments which is a strange thing to say but the US have really done a bad job handling CoVid and the protests have just made things even worse for themselves

Back