Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Mero

Just noticed that on the 'All uniforms page' for 2006 & 2007 you have the swans kit showing the same as 2005. In 2006 the swans went to red and white hooped socks with the yellow optus logo on the shorts.

Here is a photo from Round 1 2006 v Essendon

barry-hall-for-the-swans-takes-a-mark-during-the-round-one-afl-match-picture-id72027088

Just watching the 1980 GF on Fox and noticed half the Collingwood players have 1980 font for their numbers and the other half have the 1981 number font...

Pretty weird with a team having two different types of fonts for numbers...looks very amateurish ...

Just watching the 1980 GF on Fox and noticed half the Collingwood players have 1980 font for their numbers and the other half have the 1981 number font...

Pretty weird with a team having two different types of fonts for numbers...looks very amateurish ...
That weirdness is just based on the current uniformity.
In years gone by the whole jumper were different on some players.
As recently as the 1970s Peter Hudson wore the same jumper in every game from 1967 to 1974
During this time Hawthorn wore 5 different variations of the stripes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That weirdness is just based on the current uniformity.
In years gone by the whole jumper were different on some players.
As recently as the 1970s Peter Hudson wore the same jumper in every game from 1967 to 1974
During this time Hawthorn wore 5 different variations of the stripes.

I just would have thought by 1980 things like this had gotten more 'professional' ....

I just would have thought by 1980 things like this had gotten more 'professional' ....
There were players running around with iron on AFL logos in the early 2000's.. It took the league a good while to get professional from an attire POV.

There were players running around with iron on AFL logos in the early 2000's.. It took the league a good while to get professional from an attire POV.

Lol

164384.jpg

Actually I was watching a video of an early round match from 2000 and Richo was wearing a jumper which had a regular sized AFL logo on it but it was part of a black shield the size of the old AFL logo which was then ironed over the top. That's probably what you were talking about.

As for unprofessional (or perhaps just not up to modern standards), the Dogs had the old foam stitched-on number until the end of 2006

Mero, the AFL website states the new North logo is its 7th, but you only have five (about to be six) on your website. I'm curious where the discrepancy comes from?

Mero, the AFL website states the new North logo is its 7th, but you only have five (about to be six) on your website. I'm curious where the discrepancy comes from?
They're probably counting pre-Official VFL logos

Chicago Cubs winning the World Series yesterday has got me thinking...

- Leicester City (2015/2016 EPL premiers) - first top-flight premiership title since their formation in 1884
- Western Bulldogs (2016 AFL premiers) - first VFL-AFL premiership in 62 years
- Chicago Cubs (2016 MLB champions) - first World Series pennant in 108 years

Now what do all these teams have in common?

royal blue revival 1.jpg

That's right - royal blue.

The (sometimes) mighty Melbourne Demons are now 52 years into their premiership drought so I see only one solution...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back