Oppo Camp Xavier Ellis unscathed

Remove this Banner Ad

someone posted once the injection he got to try and keep him going in a game wrecked his calf tissue.
was this a known thing or just a "story" someone had heard ?
can anyone shed any light on this ?

pity though great player but the last remnant of those 2 drafts Pelchin totally fcked up.

Xavier really tried his hardest to become a regular best 22, and he would have except for injuries. He deserves to do well for the rest of his career.
I wanted to name my son Xavier after X as my son was born in 2006 when X was our 1st draft pick in 2005,but my Xmissus would not have a bar of it and named my son Ryan.So i do have a soft spot for Xavier Ellis and i really wish him all the best at The Eagle's but i do wish it had of turned out better for him at the Hawks and he will always be a premiership player at the mighty Hawks and also in the best 5 players in that game and if i make it to the Tassie game vs West Coast i will be cheering X as if he is still a Hawk,i cannot say the same for Buddy as i will not be attending another Swans game while the big Bud is with them!!!

I wanted to name my son Xavier after X as my son was born in 2006 when X was our 1st draft pick in 2005,but my Xmissus would not have a bar of it and named my son Ryan.So i do have a soft spot for Xavier Ellis and i really wish him all the best at The Eagle's but i do wish it had of turned out better for him at the Hawks and he will always be a premiership player at the mighty Hawks and also in the best 5 players in that game and if i make it to the Tassie game vs West Coast i will be cheering X as if he is still a Hawk,i cannot say the same for Buddy as i will not be attending another Swans game while the big Bud is with them!!!

Well said Rowie. Exactly my sentiments, abot the other bloke you mention too!

Over the time he was at Hawthorn there's been many opinions about Xavier.
I've got to say this one doesn't immediately spring to mind when I think of him.
Really? Ellis was always going into contests with his head over the ball. Hodge could take the resultant bashing. Ellis sadly broke, often.

It's not the worst comparison. Someone once compared him to Michael Tuck and it was within the last 18 months.
If he shares anything in common with Tucky it's definitely not his famed durability.

someone posted once the injection he got to try and keep him going in a game wrecked his calf tissue.
was this a known thing or just a "story" someone had heard ?
can anyone shed any light on this ?

pity though great player but the last remnant of those 2 drafts Pelchin totally fcked up.

Not quite. We still have Birchall :)

I didn't want Ellis, because of his history. If he can get himself right I will be very happy to munch on my own words. Good to see him do well. By all accounts, from Hawks and Eagle people, he is a ripping bloke.

Good luck this year....

not that you ****ers will need it! :mad:

:p

I don't know if he can get over his injuries, but you're getting a player who sees the ball and goes after it, and a leader on & off the field.

Was highly rated in the club.
David Parkin claimed he was a future captain.

I hope he stays injury free, because he still has all the other attributes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if he can get over his injuries, but you're getting a player who sees the ball and goes after it, and a leader on & off the field.

Was highly rated in the club.
David Parkin claimed he was a future captain.

I hope he stays injury free, because he still has all the other attributes.
Sure thing, exactly as you said. He brings a lot more than just a good player on field.

A bloody smart footballer and I hope he does well for the Eagles as I have him for my Supercoach at a very cheap price.;)

Yes, I hope he has a great career with the West Coast, but not against us.
He's still only 25.

Will always be remembered for his 2008 Grand Final.
....and not an awful lot else.

I never really did understand the fuss over Ellis.
Fairly slow, not a long kick, not strong enough to play the inside game. Great courage and willingness to play through injuries though, good football brain and a decent decision maker under pressure, but I never saw those qualities as being enough for him to become more than a serviceable player. Then again Ellis was best 22 at a time when the likes of Beau Muston were getting games which I guess puts things into perspective.

I was one of the guys arguing for us to trade him back when he still had currency. The uproar at the mere suggestion that we trade this "premiership hero" was rather loud to say the least. Frankly I'm just glad Clarkson finally saw the light and stopped playing him in the seniors when he did, even if the realization Ellis was finished did come a year or so too late.

West Coast have taken a gamble and good luck to them, but if he plays more than ten games this year my jaw will drop.

....and not an awful lot else.

I never really did understand the fuss over Ellis.
Fairly slow, not a long kick, not strong enough to play the inside game. Great courage and willingness to play through injuries though, good football brain and a decent decision maker under pressure, but I never saw those qualities as being enough for him to become more than a serviceable player. Then again Ellis was best 22 at a time when the likes of Beau Muston were getting games which I guess puts things into perspective.

I was one of the guys arguing for us to trade him back when he still had currency. The uproar at the mere suggestion that we trade this "premiership hero" was rather loud to say the least. Frankly I'm just glad Clarkson finally saw the light and stopped playing him in the seniors when he did, even if the realization Ellis was finished did come a year or so too late.

West Coast have taken a gamble and good luck to them, but if he plays more than ten games this year my jaw will drop.

Clarko does a lot of thing right. 99% of things right, probably.
But playing Xellis in the 2012 GF was a bad error.

This
I'm still adamant Murphy should have been in the side instead
First As a forward (the role he played on fletcher as an example), then when things got tough, thrown to defence

I am still mad with Clinton young crapping himself in the square too

Ellis & Young had very similar careers....Both peaked early, had great 2008 Finals series & did little else since.....Injuries cruelled both of their careers due to their under-developed frames....Consequently there was no hard edge to either of their games; something Birchall was able to adapt, grow & add to his game!.....A basic lack of mettle; ah-la Michael Tuck to either of them as players & the necessary discipline needed to steel their bodies over the course of many pre-seasons.

Best of luck to both of them....Though if either of their bodies lasts beyond round 11, I'd be very surprised.

And Luke Hodge.
Hodgey was useless in 2012.

Should never have played in the Granny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back