XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else constantly have to restart their modem after turning on their Series X? Mine 90 percent of the time isn't connected to the internet when I turn it on and can't get an IP address unless I restart the modem.

It's shitting me.

Have noticed this creep up quite a bit lately. Commonly only happened if there's been a quick power failure and the xbox boots back up before the modem has a chance to. But in recent times, it'll happen when I first turn the console on for the day OR sometimes after I've previously turned it off (via the menu) and reboot it back up an hour or so later. Sometimes after a console reset/turned off at the wall it'll go back to normal. But I'll usually have to hard reset the modem in order to get the xbox to communicate with it again (even when other networked things are still "communicating" with the modem at the time).

Anyone else constantly have to restart their modem after turning on their Series X? Mine 90 percent of the time isn't connected to the internet when I turn it on and can't get an IP address unless I restart the modem.

It's shitting me.

Had this but for every device. Like things would be working fine on say my Xbox, turn something else on, say my PC, and there would be no internet on my PC. Turn router off and on and it worked again. Until it didn't. Was so annoying.

Had no idea what my router log in details were so I waited until I had a bit of time and over the Christmas break I reset the router, went into the settings and updated the router's firmware. And turned on automatic firmware updates for 2am.

Haven't had a single issue since, and have had router firmware updates since the Christmas break download and install in the background with no issues.

Discovered the other day that my Samsung TV has the the Xbox app and bought a 14 days Gamepass trial today, only costs $1. Been trying out some games and no real issues with Cloud gaming IMO. Started the Halo Master Collection as it’s a series I’ve wanted to play for years but I might use this trial up playing some newer releases. I’ve heard some not so good things about Starfield but I reckon I’ll give it a go.

If you like Bethesda games you'll probably like starfield
If you don't you probably won't

Actually decided against playing Starfield for the time being, will probably play that when I’ve subbed to game pass for a month after the current two week trial. I am playing through the Halo Master Collection at the moment. As someone who has only owned and played only PlayStation games, Xbox Cloud Gaming is an amazing option to have for Xbox games.

That’s if your internet holds up… I’ve given cloud gaming a go and the lag/stuttering is just a total put off, I need smooth gaming 😂

The Halo:MC collection is amazing, i play through them once a year.

That’s if your internet holds up… I’ve given cloud gaming a go and the lag/stuttering is just a total put off, I need smooth gaming 😂

The Halo:MC collection is amazing, i play through them once a year.

I am definitely getting some lag and screen tearing but for the most part it’s been a really good experience. To be able to play Xbox games without needing a console is all I really care about. My laptop/TV app, Xbox Cloud Gaming and Dualsense controller is literally the only equipment that is needed. I just wish I knew about this last year when I spent money to buy a couple PS5 games that were Day 1 game pass games lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back