Roast Yelling at Clouds

Remove this Banner Ad

1. From time to time I randomly scream 'Eff you Ian Collins' loudly anytime the Brownlow is mentioned on the radio or in the newspaper.

2. I still from time to time have a mild case of sitting in the corner in the foetal position rocking back and forward, foaming at the mouth, screaming "that was an effing goal for Libba" whenever Darren Jarman's name is mentioned.

3. The Elizabeth St roundabout at the corner of Royal Parade just flat out gives me the $hits.

4. Who thought building an observation wheel at Docklands was going to be a money maker?

5. Why haven't they built the Western Highway by pass between Rockbank and Melton when they can find billions for a train line from Cheltenham to Box Hill that no one will use?

6. Why is free to air TV so friggin crap these days?

7. Who said Craig Hutchinson should be able to have so much influence on AFL media and make it so American NFL like?

and no, I don't feel better
Also known as the Haymarket Roundabout, or the roundabout of death.

I am forced to drive through it twice a day to and from work while Grattan Street is closed, and it amazes me how many cars can't follow simple instructions clearly signposted on huge green signs. The number of cars that enter the wrong lane, panic, and almost cause crashes changing lanes across other traffic is terrifying. Not to mention the occasional driver who drives on the tram tracks instead of the road.

Naming players for a debut and then starting them as Sub. Even worse starting them as Sub playing them for 10 minutes and then dropping them the following week.

I am forced to drive through it twice a day to and from work while Grattan Street is closed, and it amazes me how many cars can't follow simple instructions clearly signposted on huge green signs. The number of cars that enter the wrong lane, panic, and almost cause crashes changing lanes across other traffic is terrifying. Not to mention the occasional driver who drives on the tram tracks instead of the road.
And it's way better now with all the lights than it used to be. Proper death trap back in the day.

Any time there's a press conference for a big announcement, and the media writes about what the announcement is going to be before its officially announced. Just let it be announced when it's ready to be announced, we don't need a pre-announcement announcement. It ruins it every time 😤
And pre-announcement pre-announcements. "Coming up on some s**t show at 9, some ambulance chasing muckraker has the inside word on a big announcement tomorrow. Here's the vulture now with a sneak preview of the pre-announcemnt of the announcement. Good evening Caro...."

And pre-announcement pre-announcements. "Coming up on some s**t show at 9, some ambulance chasing muckraker has the inside word on a big announcement tomorrow. Here's the vulture now with a sneak preview of the pre-announcemnt of the announcement. Good evening Caro...."
It's one of the more annoying things they do, behind reporting on an unsubstantiated rumour and then later using their own earlier reports on said unsubstantiated rumour as weight behind the unsubstantiated rumour being "spoken about" and thus further legitimised. Particularly common around Trade Radio time.

And it's way better now with all the lights than it used to be. Proper death trap back in the day.
Actively avoid it. Found myself in it/on it during my first few days in Melbourne (pre lights). WTF is this. An absolute mare!

I also drove down the trams only section at the corner of Mt Alexander and Puckle St in Moonee Ponds. Nth bound on Mt Alexander turned right onto the trams only to get to Pascoe Vale Road. No traffic! Why was no one else doing it?

Good times.

People that don’t give you a wave after you’ve sacrificed your place in traffic for them.
Just common courtesy to acknowledge, which is severely lacking with the me, me, me, self-entitled generation. I always feel that basic manners is/should be a foundation of a cohesive society.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the street is too narrow for two cars to pass each other, so you pull in behind a parked car to let the other person through, and they don't give you the wave. ******* rude campaigners.
I did that today (the high ground) and got nada. I can let it go more than I used to but can still complain about.

I feel it all went awry when we, as a society, stopped flicking our headlights to warn oncomers of the presence of traffic enforcement officer.

When you go take a piss at work but you don't shake the old feller well enough and once you re-holster him some piss dribbles out and you end up with a little piss patch on the front of your chinos so you have to go for a walk until it dries out so your colleagues don't see it
Chinos🙄

The joys of a bench seat in an old Holden with a column shift. 1, 2, 3 on the tree and the dip switch was a button on the floor that you pushed with your foot. Young people today don't know they're alive.

- Nuts in brownies. Why ruin a perfectly good treat?

- The driver at the front of the queue for the green arrow not moving their arse the nano second they get the green arrow. Move it!! We all want to get across the intersection.

- Lack of sleep. Interrupted sleep. Does anyone actually get good sleep these days? Work, family, parenting, finances, the weather, your health. It takes its toll on whether you get a good nights sleep.

- The fact that I’m aging. It was my birthday the other day. I have one more year in my 30’s. I look in the mirror and go, yep, middle age, I’m nearly there. Where did the time go? (ps I mean this point respectfully for all the posters who are older than me!)

- Winter. I dislike it more and more as the years go by.

I’ll think of more, that’s all for now.

Actively avoid it. Found myself in it/on it during my first few days in Melbourne (pre lights). WTF is this. An absolute mare!

I also drove down the trams only section at the corner of Mt Alexander and Puckle St in Moonee Ponds. Nth bound on Mt Alexander turned right onto the trams only to get to Pascoe Vale Road. No traffic! Why was no one else doing it?
This is genius. I hate that right and left turn back on to PV rd.

🤣 You still qualify as a young'un.

Ikea....being there in store. Thoughts?

Yes to Ikea.

As a general rule I prefer to buy my shopping in store.

Been burned too many times by online shopping for clothes, only to find it’s too big, too small etc when it arrives.

Same for furniture.

Gotta see it in person before buying.

Yes to Ikea.

As a general rule I prefer to buy my shopping in store.

Been burned too many times by online shopping for clothes, only to find it’s too big, too small etc when it arrives.

Same for furniture.

Gotta see it in person before buying.
I'm an emphatic NO to Ikea in store.

If you've ever wondered what it would be like to be a rat in a maze, wonder no more. Visit Ikea in Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back