Streaming Yellowstone

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

All caught up. Hard to know where to go from here.
Good on Jimmy I would've picked the other one thou.
Just seems to run into a dead end. Sure Beth owns Jamie now. Totally out nanouvered him. He should've called her bluff. How's owning him going to help unless he is Governor.
Kasey thing explained nothing. If the wolf/guide is a manifestation of choices what good reason to end the marriage?
The Summer thing could see coming a mile off. But the conclusion was weird. What leverage does he have on the judge?
It's a one trick story now especially with the marriage. Does Jamie fight back or what? Jackie Weavers threats do what exactly. Change nothing about the storyline
Reckon it's done it's dash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright, I've given it a fair go. Better than a fair go probably. Watched the first half of Season 1, ditched it because it wasn't doing it for me, before being talked back into it by a friend who insisted I should give it another go. We just got to the end of S1 and I've gotta say I'm even less enthused.

I'm yet to encounter a single character on Yellowstone who I don't find at least mildly detestable, mostly more so. It just hasn't given me anyone to barrack for and I really can't stand any of them. It's like Sons of Anarchy on horseback - predictable story arcs, ridiculous fight scenes, people just disappearing without any follow-up investigation, faux-empowered female characters, and cowboys with a standard-issue yokel-woke set of principles which they flip-flop around so that I'm just not sure what any of them actually stand for.

I find myself comparing it to the really top-notch TV dramas like Sopranos, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Peaky Blinders etc and their anti-heroes are characters that drew me into their world and had me empathising with them and cheering them on.

On the flipside, I'm finding 1883 just magnificent, and we're hanging on every episode. So it's definitely not Sheridan - I found Mayor of Kingstown brilliant as well.

What am I missing about Yellowstone that everyone else is seeing, cause I think I'm done with it?

Alright, I've given it a fair go. Better than a fair go probably. Watched the first half of Season 1, ditched it because it wasn't doing it for me, before being talked back into it by a friend who insisted I should give it another go. We just got to the end of S1 and I've gotta say I'm even less enthused.

I'm yet to encounter a single character on Yellowstone who I don't find at least mildly detestable, mostly more so. It just hasn't given me anyone to barrack for and I really can't stand any of them. It's like Sons of Anarchy on horseback - predictable story arcs, ridiculous fight scenes, people just disappearing without any follow-up investigation, faux-empowered female characters, and cowboys with a standard-issue yokel-woke set of principles which they flip-flop around so that I'm just not sure what any of them actually stand for.

I find myself comparing it to the really top-notch TV dramas like Sopranos, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Peaky Blinders etc and their anti-heroes are characters that drew me into their world and had me empathising with them and cheering them on.

On the flipside, I'm finding 1883 just magnificent, and we're hanging on every episode. So it's definitely not Sheridan - I found Mayor of Kingstown brilliant as well.

What am I missing about Yellowstone that everyone else is seeing, cause I think I'm done with it?

when its violent with lots of pew pew and fists its fun.

other than that, i must say it lost me at times and my mind wandered

what is yokel woke?

It's fun mostly mindless entertainment and good escapism, a notch above NBC tier formulaic drama but definitely below Deadwood etc.

when its violent with lots of pew pew and fists its fun.

other than that, i must say it lost me at times and my mind wandered

what is yokel woke?
Haha, I think I just made that up. You know, all that righteous wholesome southern code of ethics nonsense, like take care of the "little woman", protect your honour and your hat, fight with anyone who looks at you sideways, condescending of the city slicker etc. I've got no doubt that the American south is probably like that, but I don't find it all that appealing.

The fighting in the show is just silly. I watched an episode a couple of nights ago where Kayce and Rip punched each other in the head at least half a dozen times each in what were effectively free king hits. Hardly even a mark on either. Five minutes later Monica gets clipped by a 15 year old while intervening in a schoolyard scuffle and ends up in a f**kn coma. And then the fight in the hospital afterwards was even more ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back