NO TROLLS You’re Not Alone

Remove this Banner Ad

Lockdown sucks we know that.
This thread is dedicated to helping each other get through a time that is more difficult for some than others.
Tips on staying sane or healthy be it exercise, cooking, holiday snaps from previous trips or ones on the wishful thinking list.
Whatever helps.

Please treat this thread as it is intended, anything not considered helpful or in the right spirit will be deleted.

Great idea. We are all in this together. Listen to all opinions. Let people know what works for you to get through. Golf in the garage can be a winner.

Great idea. We are all in this together. Listen to all opinions. Let people know what works for you to get through. Golf in the garage can be a winner.
Have you got one of those screens that reads your ball flight and puts the ball on a virtual course? Or just smashing balls. Before courses opened here in KL, I was smashing foam balls into a trampoline in the yard.

Have you got one of those screens that reads your ball flight and puts the ball on a virtual course? Or just smashing balls. Before courses opened here in KL, I was smashing foam balls into a trampoline in the yard.
Decided to get myself a screen set up about 2 years ago, covid slowed it down but once in it has made lockdown much easier. Hasnt hurt the handicap either. Win win.

I got a black dog to help combat the Black Dog.

4daff2ac60cd064547829c5d066cafd7.jpg

Also keeping up my fitness regime, so that even on days when I feel like I’ve achieved nothing, during a lockdown in which we aren’t allowed to do anything, I can still get a sense that I’m having a little win here and there.

The one thing which helps me most at the moment is a belief that we're nearly through the deepest pits of hell.

I'm not such a stoic of rippling masculinity that I can't acknowledge where I'm at. Things are s**t. How s**t? I'm having for 'morning' coffee at 1.30pm. I remain a very, very good looking man, but a veneer of hopelessness overlays my finer qualities and an offensive musk of despair accompanies me.

But the light ahead is visible, and right now I believe in nothing so much as the light.

I have some anxiety about what comes next. The pandemic has upended some long-term plans, and I'm staring down the barrel of being a mid-40s guy on the scrap heap.

And yet I know where we've been, what we've been through, and building a new life has to be a lot more pleasurable than experiencing the old life in lockdown.

Always wanted one,
Is there different courses EG:Augusta National?
I used to play a lot of screen golf in China, as the real thing was outrageously expensive. You'd go with a group and pay for a room. The best thing about it was the button that you'd push for a beer.

Basically, what courses you can play will depend on the software you buy, there are a few different programs with different courses loaded and there are a heap of different courses you can "play".

I got a black dog to help combat the Black Dog.

Also keeping up my fitness regime, so that even on days when I feel like I’ve achieved nothing, during a lockdown in which we aren’t allowed to do anything, I can still get a sense that I’m having a little win here and there.

The Jathanas Lockdown Support Model
  • Train hard. Exercise -> endorphin release
  • Stay focused on achievement, even little things matter (gardening, reading, short online courses)
  • Utilise any available support network - never suffer alone
  • Meditate (8 minutes a day will change you)
  • Eat well - Small changes = huge difference. Start by adding some veggies to every meal.
  • Embrace a structured existence, regular bed time etc
  • Minimise time on social media (I know the irony of this)

Extra bonus item
- FOCUS ABOUT SOMETHING GREATER THAN YOURSELF... This is when humans shine

Ebony is acting HR manager in the studio. Can't bring my dog in, she'd destroy everything. :)

1630988180241.png

Attachments

• 1630988106863.png
    1630988106863.png
    1 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
i've been struggling of late. As a long time musician (only hobby, but it's a huge part of who I am/who I see and how I feel mentally) it's been 1 grind after another... I came across a free program called band lab. I have only been using their samples which are very high quality and the program is pretty easy to use. I've done these 7 tracks in the last month which has helped a bit. The worst thing this year was having to put our dog down. Never felt so awful about something in my life. We're trying to get another dog, but they are at a premium now...

My dogs got stuck in Canberra when I went home a couple months back now. Was meant to be going away for work and that obviously got canned because of lockdown so they have been on holiday ever since.

Anyway, I am that excited because I am getting them couriered down and they’ll be here on Thursday. Missed them like crazy 😊

7FEC6403-1E00-47ED-8CA5-5124B25E2088.jpeg

Last edited:
Also, I know it’s tough but I have tried to steer conversations away from covid. I know it’s hard because it’s all anyone can talk about, but for me it’s too consuming and it’s not good for my mental health.

It’s really become the new “how’s the weather” chat. I’ll talk about pineapple on pizza all day long 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My dogs got stuck in Canberra when I went home a couple months back now. Was meant to be going away for work and that obviously got canned because of lockdown so they have been on holiday ever since.

Anyway, I am that excited because I am getting them couriered down and they’ll be here on Thursday. Missed them like crazy 😊

View attachment 1228670
They will go crazy when they see you! Tears all round! enjoy the reunion and love!

I started writing my life story for my grandkids and future generations when I hit a real low last year. It began as a distraction from a range of issues and has become a huge commitment which I am thoroughly enjoying. I recommend it as a way of reviewing your life-warts and all. I've included documents and photos so it will be a genuine time capsule for my descendants. I have shed many tears recalling loved ones, both family and friends I have lost on this journey called life, but they have all come back to me as I write about the many wonderful times we shared. I recall words and actions of friends which changed the course of my life and many sliding door moments which make me shudder to think what direction my life may have taken if I'd gone down another path.

I have also revisited some incredibly uplifting moments in my life and it fills me with gratitude and gives me a sense that my life (and all lives) matter. We each make an impact on the lives of others. It doesn't matter whether you are a writer or not. All that matters is you write with authenticity and it will be a treasured document when your kids, grandkids and further generations get to read it. I have already had two volumes printed at Office Works and I am finalizing my third. Yes- it's a block buster! Over three hundred thousand words.

Get to it my friends. You'll be amazed by the number of fascinating stories you have to tell. Just think how you would feel if you had the innermost thoughts, feelings and life story of your granddad or great grandparent! :) :heart:

I started writing my life story for my grandkids and future generations when I hit a real low last year. It began as a distraction from a range of issues and has become a huge commitment which I am thoroughly enjoying. I recommend it as a way of reviewing your life-warts and all. I've included documents and photos so it will be a genuine time capsule for my descendants. I have shed many tears recalling loved ones, both family and friends I have lost on this journey called life, but they have all come back to me as I write about the many wonderful times we shared. I recall words and actions of friends which changed the course of my life and many sliding door moments which make me shudder to think what direction my life may have taken if I'd gone down another path.

I have also revisited some incredibly uplifting moments in my life and it fills me with gratitude and gives me a sense that my life (and all lives) matter. We each make an impact on the lives of others. It doesn't matter whether you are a writer or not. All that matters is you write with authenticity and it will be a treasured document when your kids, grandkids and further generations get to read it. I have already had two volumes printed at Office Works and I am finalizing my third. Yes- it's a block buster! Over three hundred thousand words.

Get to it my friends. You'll be amazed by the number of fascinating stories you have to tell. Just think how you would feel if you had the innermost thoughts, feelings and life story of your granddad or great grandparent! :) :heart:
I started doing something similar with photos….but hit a wall. It didn’t help that my computer didn’t seem to be able to cope with the task🤪
Going through all the family photos - boxes of them - and albums endeavouring to make a photo book for each of my children.
It was wonderful looking at all the old photos though and reliving lots of silly and moving moments.

I’ll finish the task eventually

I bought a CD called Story Book Creator (not sure if still available) some years ago and put our family history in it and then got it printed and gave copies to family members as a gift. They loved it especially the children of each family looking at the B&W photos and fashion of the day.

It was quite good starting of with the family tree.

Well done, sir.

Sounds amazing.

I'm probably lucky that the girlfriend and I really only hang out together and do the same things. I feel for those super social types, who go out every weekend. We're missing the cinemas and the beach now that it's getting warmer.

But yeah... stay away from the news/youtube especially. The comments on some of those videos are insane.

i've been struggling of late. As a long time musician (only hobby, but it's a huge part of who I am/who I see and how I feel mentally) it's been 1 grind after another... I came across a free program called band lab. I have only been using their samples which are very high quality and the program is pretty easy to use. I've done these 7 tracks in the last month which has helped a bit. The worst thing this year was having to put our dog down. Never felt so awful about something in my life. We're trying to get another dog, but they are at a premium now...
Have you considered adoption?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back