Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

And yeah feel for Sam, who knows, maybe the podcast might help him? He's a strange unit and doesn't seem to have many mates, maybe he needs this sort of interaction (or maybe I'm way off of course)

As you probably know, people react and grieve differently to traumatic events such as a sudden death of a loved one.

None of us know the bloke. He could just as likely chuck the podcast in the bin and we barely hear of him again, or he might tip himself fully into this project and others as a way of healing from the loss.

As you probably know, people react and grieve differently to traumatic events such as a sudden death of a loved one.

None of us know the bloke. He could just as likely chuck the podcast in the bin and we barely hear of him again, or he might tip himself fully into this project and others as a way of healing from the loss.
I think he will need a few weeks, months even and then come back. He just seems the guy that will need time, but wont put life on hold. I hope that the podcast is the last thing on his mind at this terrible time. I love the pod, I genuinely like Sam, without knowing him, but from what i can tell, he is a very generous man, speaks his mind, is as honest as the day and would be a friend you'd love to have.

When I met him he was generous with his time and insisted on introducing myself to GT, which he did despite my polite rejections. I informed him (Sam) that i dont agree with a lot of things he says but enjoy his podcast and right to speak his mind.

really happy to see there's a new pod. i thought there might never be one again. i thought this might've crushed sam. good on em

That was remarkably funny, god help us if that happens.

And yeah feel for Sam, who knows, maybe the podcast might help him? He's a strange unit and doesn't seem to have many mates, maybe he needs this sort of interaction (or maybe I'm way off of course)

Interloper, i don't really want to go down this rabbit hole or even start a debate, or be critical, however i must correct one thing. Sam's mates. He has a huge circle of friends, an enormous group of close friends from varied walks of life.. And a large very close circle too. Trust me when i say he is being supported greatly as we speak.
(i am not in that circle, i do know 3 people closely who are.)
cheers

Sickens me how the Herald Sun does nothing but criticise Sam, but when they can get some cheap clicks they run front page news on him “out and about” and publish snippets of the podcast. Absolute scum of the earth media
not the ideal way to treat one of their (HS) supporters

Sam Newman despite his tragic and sad loss does not deserve to be let off the hook for his previous bigoted, racist, homophobic,Islamaphobic rants etc

The bloke is a prick, and.frankly I can see him shacked up with a woman 30 years younger than him within 8 weeks or so.

If the so called footy community rallies around him by offering him a plum job in the media again, I will spew. .

Sam Newman despite his tragic and sad loss does not deserve to be let off the hook for his previous bigoted, racist, homophobic,Islamaphobic rants etc

The bloke is a prick, and.frankly I can see him shacked up with a woman 30 years younger than him within 8 weeks or so.

If the so called footy community rallies around him by offering him a plum job in the media again, I will spew. .
Seriously? Let off the hook? Sam's in his 70s and his opinions and views are in line with what was the norm when he was growing up. A little tolerance wouldnt go astray at this time. Having said that, he has reigned in some of his opinion to less offend the woke brigade in recent years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im assuming you're speaking about the whole Winmar thing. That whole thing was blown out. How can you be taken to court for an opinion? Makes me sick that he, Don and Mike all had to pay money. Having an opinion that he was pointing to his heart to show that the win was all heart and not about taking a stance about racism. That isn't being a racist, that's having an opinopn and a belief that doesn't suit the general public, therefore it is racist. I agree with him about the George Floyd thing, ******* terrible thing he died, terrible, but what he says about being a piece of s**t is incredibly true and I cannot agree more with him. Why are they celebrating his life? Bloke was an absolute scum bag. Definitely didn't deserve to be murdered and I hope that the scum bag that killed him gets that maximum jail sentence.

Im assuming you're speaking about the whole Winmar thing. That whole thing was blown out. How can you be taken to court for an opinion? Makes me sick that he, Don and Mike all had to pay money. Having an opinion that he was pointing to his heart to show that the win was all heart and not about taking a stance about racism. That isn't being a racist, that's having an opinopn and a belief that doesn't suit the general public, therefore it is racist. I agree with him about the George Floyd thing, ******* terrible thing he died, terrible, but what he says about being a piece of sh*t is incredibly true and I cannot agree more with him. Why are they celebrating his life? Bloke was an absolute scum bag. Definitely didn't deserve to be murdered and I hope that the scum bag that killed him gets that maximum jail sentence.

No I was not talking to abour the Nicky Winmar incident, sadly he acted like a toolbag on far too many occasions, both on TV and social media to be forgiven or shown much compassion for his loss.

Remember when he degraded Caroline Wilson in the worst and most degrading way possible on the footy show ?

images

I am truly sorry his wife passed away, but Sam/John Newman is still a lowlife who will never get any form of sympathy.

And I don't know why you are bringing George Floyd into this either. Got nothing to do with I was talking about with Newman.

No I was not talking to abour the Nicky Winmar incident, sadly he acted like a toolbag on far too many occasions, both on TV and social media to be forgiven or shown much compassion for his loss.

Remember when he degraded Caroline Wilson in the worst and most degrading way possible on the footy show ?

images

I am truly sorry his wife passed away, but Sam/John Newman is still a lowlife who will never get any form of sympathy.

And I don't know why you are bringing George Floyd into this either. Got nothing to do with I was talking about with Newman.
You called him a racist, he has been rather vocal on the whole thing, given that he is black, Sam is white assumed that is what you were referring to.
I remember that, probably didn't deserve it, but she gives out a lot of s**t too. Sam bangs on about what she said about the special olympics and she said the only reason people will watch is because they want to laugh when they fall or fail, cant remember exactly. She isn't innocent. Sam may have gone too far on that occasion.

That was hard to listen to. I did cringe though when he joked to Rod that maybe she's not answering the phone because she's dead in their apartment.

It also got me thinking about the cause of death, when he said he found her partially naked on the tiles, no foul play, etc. I'm not saying that I need to know, because it's not my business. Just curious..

Seriously? Let off the hook? Sam's in his 70s and his opinions and views are in line with what was the norm when he was growing up. A little tolerance wouldnt go astray at this time. Having said that, he has reigned in some of his opinion to less offend the woke brigade in recent years.

disappointing for mine. but it is what it is

That was hard to listen to. I did cringe though when he joked to Rod that maybe she's not answering the phone because she's dead in their apartment.

It also got me thinking about the cause of death, when he said he found her partially naked on the tiles, no foul play, etc. I'm not saying that I need to know, because it's not my business. Just curious..

a very emotional account from sam. feel.

Couldve showered beforehand.

Not offering an opinion one way or another but amazing Sam can do parts 2 and 3 like normal and be his usual self given the circumstances - especially given how hard part 1 was for him. He is certainly a unique cat.

At the risk of a ban, how about you go and fu** yourself, you self righteous, heartless, p.o.s.

Those exact insults you just used easily apply to Sam Newman.

I will be honest, my first thoughts upon hearing abour her passing was that Sam knocked her off.

And I bet I am not the only one here who thought that either.

Interloper, i don't really want to go down this rabbit hole or even start a debate, or be critical, however i must correct one thing. Sam's mates. He has a huge circle of friends, an enormous group of close friends from varied walks of life.. And a large very close circle too. Trust me when i say he is being supported greatly as we speak.
(i am not in that circle, i do know 3 people closely who are.)
cheers

Fair enough, and it’s good to hear given what he’s gone through, part 1 of the pod was heart wrenching today.

I heard Crackers Keenan talking about him a few years ago and he said he didn’t have many mates, reckon I’ve even heard Sam himself say it too. But glad he’s got a good circle, seems like he does a lot for people in all honesty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back