You so called "HACK" came 2nd!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh and for what its worth, Carlton won the Gallagher-Nelson deal.

At least they were able to get rid of their dud after one year.

What was the story with Nelson not getting the chop at the end of last year? He was the only player on our list with AFL experience not to get a game this year. Did he have a contract to run or something? :confused:

It's a shame Blight still isn't coaching an AFL club...

He's quite fond of giving AFL-failures/SANFL-guns a second or third chance!

Benny Nelson come on down!

Ben Nelson is a classic example of a reasonable SANFL player that will never be good enough for AFL. Pace and decision making is fine in SANFL but is found out under the extra pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Benny Nelson came second.

Brodie Atkinson
Damien Squire
Ryan O'Connor
Tony Brown

... actually won it.

... and none of them were much chop at AFL level either.

Well done to Ben Nelson

I have no doubt if called up this year he would have acquitted himself well in the AFL

Always gives 100%.

He will probably be delisted this year but doesn't mean we have to insult him as he is still one of our players

Well done Ben.

Originally posted by Jars458
Well done to Ben Nelson

I have no doubt if called up this year he would have acquitted himself well in the AFL

Always gives 100%.

He will probably be delisted this year but doesn't mean we have to insult him as he is still one of our players

Well done Ben.

Well said Jars, some of those comments concerning Ben were a little over the top,

Good effort Ben who as a gun SANFL player just could not make it at AFL level,

I don't know why you are all so down on Ben Nelson. The game I saw him play in Round 17 (I think) against Norwood, he absolutely dominated, and was a class above most other players on the ground, including James Gallagher, who surprisingly polled a vote in this game. I can see where you're coming from about him being class in the SANFL, and a dud in the AFL, but given further opportunities he could easily acquit himself as a decent AFL player. You couldn't expect anything more than that.

Nelson is rubbish. He just looked totally out of place with all the opportunities he was given last year.

A 26 year old who doesn't get an entire game in a season, despite being injury free, needs to be chopped.

Shows that you are all a bunch of ********S! Benny Nelson has more to offer then a fair few of the **** weak gutless players that you have on your list! atleast he gives 100%.....i reckon he will want to finish his career at sturt then be traded to interstate! but if he does...i would be 100% happy if the roos pick him up

Originally posted by Scottroo
Shows that you are all a bunch of ********S! Benny Nelson has more to offer then a fair few of the **** weak gutless players that you have on your list! atleast he gives 100%.....i reckon he will want to finish his career at sturt then be traded to interstate! but if he does...i would be 100% happy if the roos pick him up

OK then.

How bout S Motlop and Roo's first pick for Nelson and Crowell.

Originally posted by Scottroo

Well done to Ben Nelson had a very fine year with the Blues, but let's put that into some perspective.

Look at all the training he would do compared to the semi-professionals in the SANFL. Also, he's 26 and so has a level of maturity that most others don't have in his position (AFL player in the SANFL). Had a lucky year in terms of injury, something that has dogged him in the past at key times all the way back to his days at Carlton.

His AFL days are over.

Well Done Ben on coming second, although I was very shocked at this.

I was surprised at the end of last year when the Crows kept him on their list but he'll go this year.

Dave I was hoping he'd win, I would have love to have seen you spew everywhere :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back