Youf/Academy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I know, he's from Watford. What's the point of academies outside the sky 6
Everton have had a production line of first team players coming from their academy for the last 30 years at least... I understand your point but loads of clubs benefit from them and it is not an exact science either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sky 5.
Ours produces as much as an ice factory in the sahara.
Everton have had a production line of first team players coming from their academy for the last 30 years at least... I understand your point but loads of clubs benefit from them and it is not an exact science either.
It was more a reference to the EPP where the lower clubs even in the PL are struggling to retain talent in academies and having to give them away for a pittance. Whether they work out or not is another thing. Also on Everton's academy... not a lot has come out recently really.

Prime example for us, ok we got a good deal rather than the tribunal payment but we struggle to hold onto academy talent anymore because zones no longer exist and other clubs come a poaching.

Wonder if automatic sell on clauses should be part of the standard payments when someone moves from.one academy to another.

That way if an academy loses a kid, and they make it good at their next club there's at least the chance that the original club gets a bit more reward.

Wonder if automatic sell on clauses should be part of the standard payments when someone moves from.one academy to another.

That way if an academy loses a kid, and they make it good at their next club there's at least the chance that the original club gets a bit more reward.
They have fixed payment systems on whether the player makes X amount of games in the EFL/PL... however it's 1.3million for 100 games or more. Very low.

Was brought in by the FA to make the England team better, but has obviously had a dramatic affect on PL teams.

They have fixed payment systems on whether the player makes X amount of games in the EFL/PL... however it's 1.3million for 100 games or more. Very low.

Was brought in by the FA to make the England team better, but has obviously had a dramatic affect on PL teams.
Don't mind fixed rates. Could well be higher, you'd easily pay £10m for a player that was a guarantee of making 100 senior appearances. So make it £1m on debut, £5m on 50 appearances, £10m on 100.

Difficulty with this is players that bounce from academy to academy. Do you deserve much money if you've had a player for a few months and the he moves on to another club?

I'm also thinking if we take a player from Everton, shove him in our academy for a year or two and then sell him for £40m a few years later Everton should get some of the reward for their part in that as well.

Same problem with players that move from academy to academy. Kid could spend years at Wolves, move to Everton for six months, and then to City. In that case Wolves probably deserve it more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back