Your favourite dud

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I might find something on Youtube about Tristen Walker. I remember him running through the centre and kicking a massive goal one day. Almost Buddy style. Could have been a praccy match even. I thought he had a bit of talent but alas, no. I was wrong. What he was though was a very nice kid. Made a big impression on my two little ones at training one day.
He didn't kick a lot of goals in his career (just 8) and I always remembered this one against the Bulldogs where he ran around a player and thumped it in from a long way out. Sadly he didn't have too many moments to match this one:

It's about 28.50 in - the picture's pretty ordinary, however.

He didn't kick a lot of goals in his career (just 8) and I always remembered this one against the Bulldogs where he ran around a player and thumped it in from a long way out. Sadly he didn't have too many moments to match this one:

It's about 28.50 in - the picture's pretty ordinary, however.

Could have been the one I was thinking of. Thats some quality find BTW!

As crazy as it sounds our 02/03 grand final teams were full of players that could meet the criteria. When you think about it, it was obviously a really special effort to get there in consecutive years with the list we had. Sure we had the solid players like Buckley, Burns, Tarrant, Rocca and Licuria but scattered through the team were players like Steinfort, Freeborn and McKee in 02 and then Lokan, Cole, Kinnear and Walker in 03. This is the sort of stuff that makes me proud to be a pies fan, not the best team on paper but full of guts and determination we almost pulled of an amazing victory in 02.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back