Your favourite dud

Remove this Banner Ad

Who went to the Andrew Tranquilli game against west coast in 1994?
Must have been pretty cool, i was at a Brisbane Essendon game at the gabba that day.
I was there the day Tranquilli kicked a bag - from memory most were kicked on Worsfold too.
One of the more bizarre days given how good the Eagles were at the time.

I actually quite liked Stephen Patterson. Exquisite skills on his left side.
Great set shot for goal though.

Showed what he could do late in the '10 season but when he got that hand injury he was never the same. Couldn't buy a mark, let alone take one and once the opposition worked that out he became a lame duck.

I remember at the Time of his Injury someone on Nicks said that Dawes won't be the Same after that Surgery and he was Correct - Sadly

I was there the day Tranquilli kicked a bag - from memory most were kicked on Worsfold too.
One of the more bizarre days given how good the Eagles were at the time.

The 1 Game Wonder

Close to my heart is Ryan Cook

egywNuyx_400x400.png

He was fit, firing, quite strong and funny as *. But kicking/handball/composure were not his strong suite.

Close to my heart is Ryan Cook

egywNuyx_400x400.png

He was fit, firing, quite strong and funny as ****. But kicking/handball/composure were not his strong suite.

Danny Stanley had his Fans also

For some reason when my daughter started to get interested in footy, she became infatuated with Clinton KIng.It had gotten to the stage where I was just about to get his number put on her guernsey when we traded him to Richmond.
Poor lttle girl was heartbroken, so much so taht I though that there might have been some danger of her switching to the Tigers. Thankfully she didn't.
He was a dud but he was a special dud in this family
Didn't he come back?

Didn't he come back?
There's nothing in his draft history that says he returned to Collingwood after his four year stint at Richmond (2000-2003), so he had just the two seasons with us.

Wikipedia says "King headed to South Adelaide in 2004 and won a Knuckey Cup in his first year at the club. In 2005 he struggled with regularly being tagged and left the club and headed home to Melbourne at the end of the season. He is currently an assistant coach for Keysborough in the Mornington Peninsula Football League."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I might find something on Youtube about Tristen Walker. I remember him running through the centre and kicking a massive goal one day. Almost Buddy style. Could have been a praccy match even. I thought he had a bit of talent but alas, no. I was wrong. What he was though was a very nice kid. Made a big impression on my two little ones at training one day.

Thought I might find something on Youtube about Tristen Walker. I remember him running through the centre and kicking a massive goal one day. Almost Buddy style. Could have been a praccy match even. I thought he had a bit of talent but alas, no. I was wrong. What he was though was a very nice kid. Made a big impression on my two little ones at training one day.

What I heard he had Ton of Natural Talent but his Knees Betrayed him and they where Stuffed Quickly. Came from the Eagles

What I heard he had Ton of Natural Talent but his Knees Betrayed him and they where Stuffed Quickly. Came from the Eagles

You're not thinking of Lee Walker are you? His knees were definately stuffed

You're not thinking of Lee Walker are you? His knees were definately stuffed
Got the Wrong Walker. Yeah was Lee from the 90's who I was thinking of

Tristan was very Athletic but not much Footy Ability that I remember people saying about him

Clinton King is one that springs to mind for me

The most heartbreaking thing about Clinton King is the opportunity cost of the trade to get him initially from Sydney.

We traded pick 40 and robbie ahmat to the swans for stuart mangin and clinton king....

Look who they picked at 43... Adam Goodes. Now anyone can say who could tell Goodes was going to be a champion at that stage and the answer was bloody everybody. He dominated the 97 TAC cup GF and we were all praying he would be around at pick 8 if we were lucky.

The most heartbreaking thing about Clinton King is the opportunity cost of the trade to get him initially from Sydney.

We traded pick 40 and robbie ahmat to the swans for stuart mangin and clinton king....

Look who they picked at 43... Adam Goodes. Now anyone can say who could tell Goodes was going to be a champion at that stage and the answer was bloody everybody. He dominated the 97 TAC cup GF and we were all praying he would be around at pick 8 if we were lucky.

and Kicked 6 Goals in the TAC Cup GF.

Though he was passed up 42 Times before Swans Picked Him and Who said we would of Picked Goodes at 43?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back