80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Diadora is my shoe because Puma has no rooma.

Won the A Grade nett 3 day comp at the club over the long weekend.

Social club today so had 36 off the stick, to lose in a countback to some burglar. Lipping out an eagle putt from 2 metres. Not impressed.

And a bogey free nine holes... if you don't count the double bogey.

Playing some good golf at the moment after getting the grip more in my fingers. Drives are shorter by about 10m, but I'm crushing my irons and barely missing fairways. I'm able to shape the drives by playing "deliberate hooks and slices" mentally to turn them into draws and fades. Hitting the irons absolutely flush.

Just hoping I get this good round out in one of the more important comps coming up - rather than some pointless club comp, and stuffing the handicap.

94, which probably reflects my skill level at the moment.

I tinkered with an extremely open putting stance today. Looked stupid, but it's amazing how much better I could see the line with my chest facing more toward the target. Had 34 putts in 18 which is great for me.

94, which probably reflects my skill level at the moment.

I tinkered with an extremely open putting stance today. Looked stupid, but it's amazing how much better I could see the line with my chest facing more toward the target. Had 34 putts in 18 which is great for me.

what course brah>?

i am picturing this

MS_Croquet01001.jpg

Vikings Capital

Ahaha, not as extreme as croquet but getting there.

My right foot set up normally, but my left foot was turned so that it almost pointed toward the hole. Pretty much how your feet would be after a front foot shot in cricket, but closer together. Chest facing toward the hole. Felt like I had so much more control, & the greens were much easier to read since my eyes stayed forward.

Played 3 times this week (Monday, Tuesday and Today - Friday) after not playing for 4-5 weeks.

Monday - bad as usual after coming off a long spell of not having a hit.

Tuesday - worst I have ever played, stopped scoring after 5 holes, would have been easily in the 70's over 9 holes :(

Friday - played well off the tee, mashed a fair few drives which gave me some confidence. Putting killed me as I missed some very very easy shots. 4 putted way to often but still had a good time.

no round this weekend due to injury.

will prob drive down and practice putting on the praccy greens. maybe light chipping. or maybe just to say gday to some of the other members

if Kobe can play, PN can play.

Haven't had a hit since Sunday. Surprisingly playing better than when i practiced a lot.

Golf is strange like that.

Haven't had a hit since Sunday. Surprisingly playing better than when i practiced a lot.

Golf is strange like that.

Some things are like that though.

I always seem to chip much better off a break. But not much else. I always try and overthink my chipping and get too fancy when I've played a lot. Rather than just making the shot.

havent got stomach flu but :D

Some things are like that though.

I always seem to chip much better off a break. But not much else. I always try and overthink my chipping and get too fancy when I've played a lot. Rather than just making the shot.

golf is a funny game isnt it?

i like to have at least an hour on the range (hitting off grass), chipping on the chipping areas, and then a good 10 mins on one of the putting greens.

but range doesnt open until 6.30 :(

Played with someone from Rosebud the other day PN.

Is the National in some difficulty?

in what sense chops?
are you hinting at financial troubles?

from a players POV the national courses have undergone some maintenance that makes them less attractive (a few GURs on the ocean course for example).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had the round of my life today. Shot 91 at my course. Normally got around at about 122. Those lessons must be paying off.

Played Marina Bay Sands the other day during a stopover in Singapore, on the way back from England. Beautiful course, challenging though, with water on nearly every hole and 100+ pot bunkers. Shot 89 but could have been lower if my short putts were on key.

marinabaygolf.jpg

Great view of the CBD, from about 10-11 holes.

One of our members today had 10 up in the Par comp. So what, you might say but what makes it special is the fact he's a scratch handicapper and he shot an 11 under par 61. The course is par 72 and was rated 70 today. An eagle accounts for the difference between the stroke/par score.

At least I birdied a par 5 he only parred.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back