80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Played golf on the beach course at Waiokoloa on the Big Island of Hawaii nearly a month ago.

On the par 5 seventh my ball finished somewhere here in the dried up lava

Was blowing a gale off the ocean.

View attachment 851649
play it where it lies. unless you cant find it haha

Another pic of the 7th green

Check out the flag stick

Almost unplayable in those conditions

View attachment 851656
Looks amazing, I definitely want to organise a trip, was going overseas in July and was going to hit up some courses in Norway, doesn't look like that's happening anymore :(

Looks amazing, I definitely want to organise a trip, was going overseas in July and was going to hit up some courses in Norway, doesn't look like that's happening anymore :(
Me too mate

I mean #metoo

Was supposed to be gracing Pebble next month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to the ABC radio on Thursday. A doctor was on giving some stats.
80% of people who contract COVID 19 will have mild to severe flu symptoms but will be fine. 20% will need hospitalisation but will recover. 5% of them will die.
My club has 800 members, which means 8 people will statistically die and 160 would be hospitalized if we did nothing. Given the demographic of most golf clubs, those numbers would most certainly be higher.
The virus is obviously highly contagious.
Unfortunately for our own desires to play, we need to not play.
My guess is until end of July at least.

Listening to the ABC radio on Thursday. A doctor was on giving some stats.
80% of people who contract COVID 19 will have mild to severe flu symptoms but will be fine. 20% will need hospitalisation but will recover. 5% of them will die.
My club has 800 members, which means 8 people will statistically die and 160 would be hospitalized if we did nothing. Given the demographic of most golf clubs, those numbers would most certainly be higher.
The virus is obviously highly contagious.
Unfortunately for our own desires to play, we need to not play.
My guess is until end of July at least.
I don't think we'll be playing until September at best here in Victoria, obviously i really hope i'm wrong. Could be a lot longer too imo, we may not be playing until a vaccine is widely available. The problem with flattening the curve is if it's successful you can't relax the rules because the moment you do numbers will go through the roof.

How’s the theft of your civil liberties going for everyone down there in Victoria? I played 18 holes of golf yesterday at a nice course (Toowoomba Golf Club). I sent this text below to a mate:

Teed off at 2:30 and played from where the blue tees would have been (toughest tees). $20 because of late tee off. Normally $35. Course was in good nick. Greens are slow but they must’ve cored them last week. No markers, no flags, no sand buckets. The pins were in order of front, middle, back, front, middle, back, etc for holes 1 to 18. The buckets in the holes were upside down.
It was Par 70 and I shot 90 off the stick. I couldn’t putt to save myself but my tee shots were good on every hole except for holes 2 and 8.

How’s the theft of your civil liberties going for everyone down there in Victoria? I played 18 holes of golf yesterday at a nice course (Toowoomba Golf Club). I sent this text below to a mate:

Teed off at 2:30 and played from where the blue tees would have been (toughest tees). $20 because of late tee off. Normally $35. Course was in good nick. Greens are slow but they must’ve cored them last week. No markers, no flags, no sand buckets. The pins were in order of front, middle, back, front, middle, back, etc for holes 1 to 18. The buckets in the holes were upside down.
It was Par 70 and I shot 90 off the stick. I couldn’t putt to save myself but my tee shots were good on every hole except for holes 2 and 8.

Not bad. Sure it sucks not being about to play at PK or The National. Also had rounds for Kingston Heath cancelled. Pebble Beach, Spyglass and Poppy Hills trip also cancelled. Once the corona is ova ill go.

Trying to figure out what i and fellow golfers can do about our rights. Maybe call our MPs or lobby Dan Andrews?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back