80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the driving range at Sandringham Golf Course is open? I used to frequent the one around the corner before they got pushed out.
Nah it’s not. Pure form is there but I don’t know if they will be there much longer. Don’t think the mini golf is operational either.

Where is the winter driving range membership?

Is anyone playing as well as they were before the lockdown?

driving better, putting is ok. I feel good. Scoring ok, tough courses dont get easier without practice and play

Nope, but my swing feels better. The soggy course isn’t helping.

soggy course not helping with scoring? But is your ball contact, putting ok? Ignoring scoring

Last edited:
60 off 9 first time at Glen Waverley yesterday. Wasn't actually unhappy with that considering the first time I've played in those conditions.

The greens were way slower than anything I've played and multiple times I'd land in mud slops or puddles even on the fairway.

My shot of the day was something Mickelson-esque crouched down low sweeping a 6 iron across my body under a low hanging tree branch to the fringe of the green.

Bonus I didn't lose a ball :D

60 off 9 first time at Glen Waverley yesterday. Wasn't actually unhappy with that considering the first time I've played in those conditions.

The greens were way slower than anything I've played and multiple times I'd land in mud slops or puddles even on the fairway.

My shot of the day was something Mickelson-esque crouched down low sweeping a 6 iron across my body under a low hanging tree branch to the fringe of the green.

Bonus I didn't lose a ball :D
I believe every course got smashed by the rain. Even at PK there were puddles (albeit in wasteland). Casual water here and there. Expected.

driving better, putting is ok. I feel good

soggy course not helping with scoring? But is your ball contact, putting ok? Ignoring scoring
Putting, chipping and off the tee been good. On dry land the irons have been okay, but geez I have a tendency to hit it fat in the mud.

Driving a bit more inconsistent. Prone to a big slice a couple of times around.
I think the main thing I'm finding is that with cooler and wetter weather, is that instead of hitting 7,8 or 9 irons into greens I'm now having to hit 5 and 6 irons in which I'm generally less accurate with

Yeah, but I was playing like dog s**t before the lockdown anyway haha.

Until I can be bothered or find the time to goto a driving range and work on things I'm taking an indefinte break from golf. I would usually just practice at my local course but it's just so wet at the moment that its almost unplayable. I should be moving in 3-4 weeks so i'll prioritise that for now. The house is on a golf course though so maybe that'll re-ignite the flame haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Until I can be bothered or find the time to goto a driving range and work on things I'm taking an indefinte break from golf. I would usually just practice at my local course but it's just so wet at the moment that its almost unplayable. I should be moving in 3-4 weeks so i'll prioritise that for now. The house is on a golf course though so maybe that'll re-ignite the flame haha.

Hit me up when you've settled in

Which course you moving too?

During the virus lockdown I played more than I usually do - was out there every week (6 out of 8 weekends anyway...)
My local is Rich River so we were pretty lucky - i think that the place was only shut down for a very short time (maybe one weekend)
Been getting the ball around OK too recently - was a 40 pointer in there (but the tees were up)
Last weekend was lousy off the tee.
At the beginning there was a couple of real howlers but that may have been more a case of not playing at all rather than Covid.

I put the foot down to get out there more during lock down as it was my only escape from work - hopefully it leads to more regular playing again.

My 2 trips out to the course...hit some absolute crackers and some horrendous shockers. As mentioned conditions were really hard. It was a lottery whether the club would stick in the mud on short shots around the green...almost texan wedge time if there was no puddle or bunker in the way.

Highlights for me was nearly an ace at Oakleigh on the ninth...and after miss hitting my 4 wood on the tee, using it again and nearly holing out from 200 plus on the first at Waverley public.

Low light was driving (although it was a bit better towards the end of the 2nd round). I think I have it sorted though as I am using my practice net a lot and I feel that I am swinging well now. Dispersion on the face of the Driver is as good as it has been as long as I can remember...due to working on technique.

All things being equal and good in the world, Peninsula-Kwood tomorrow
Looks like it is going to be a perfect day for it tomorrow. Most likely heading out tomorrow as well unless someone schedules a meeting in the afternoon

Well that was fun..

Front 9 - 3 birdies
3 × 4points
Front 9 total - 12 points
OMG, zero touch with putter or short game

Back 9
8 × 1 pointers
1 × 2 pointer

Solid 22 points but Jesus it was nice to be back playing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back