Opinion Your lowest point as an Eagles supporter?

Lowest point?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

big bootaaaaah

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Can gagf
Driving home listening to eagles demolishing Adelaide in third quarter, get home near end of the third, say hello kids, get distracted talking to the wife for 15 minutes or so, turn on the tv turn off the tv. :'(

ArdentEagle

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Side Hawks
I've been watching since inception and I don't know if it's my lowest but the 2015 GF is the lowest I can remember.
5 mins in you could tell we were ******.

I was hosting a party, at half time I went out the back and drank the best part of a bottle of rum. (I always watch games the end too)
Don't remember most of that day but Cyril still haunts me in my sleep!

Last edited:

chunkylover

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
lakers, nufc, subi, colts
Paying the last installment on a grand final package early 2016 and that weekend watching them take a massive dump on the MCG against the winless hawks in what was meant to be a revenge game. Lessons were not learnt from the grand final and it was obvious they weren't getting to the grand final that season

HawkerHurricane

Inaugural Mount Barker Eagle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Crystal Palace F. C.
Nic Nat’s 2nd knee injury on his good knee today. Good win but at the same time heartbreaking to lose Nic at the same time .
yep, this is definately up there, not as bad as 2005 GF, but it's up there.
Here's hoping for some good news, stranger things have happened...

PerthBoy86

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
2005 GF probably the worst, losing by four points to goddamn Sydney, I threw over a 100kg solid metal bbq in rage (it wasn't lit)
If we'd lost AGAIN in 2006 under similar circumstances I don't know what I would've done lol. Relief doesn't begin to describe it. Watching the replay still makes me nervous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

boondy

I pity the fool
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
The low points make the highs better. My lows are every off season Or when a favourite player retires . I travelled 3 days on the train to 05 GF only to travel 3 days back,exiting the MCG in 05 walking back to the train with hundreds of others was forlorn . Losing against Brisbane in our state jumper was sad . The spoon year . The year Woosh retired when the whole team had the yips for goal and JK had 3 shockers to not get the Coleman . But underturd we move on .

Astro7

Official Oranges Man
AFL Club
West Coast
Losing at a grand final when you know how hard it is to get there, always sucks big time.
but the wooden spoon under the guidance of arguably a wooden coach also sucked and probably
suggested he inherited a good team at the right time and the rest is history on a downhill slope....

AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardinals
2005, bad selection, bad coaching and Big Bad Barry combined for a horror show with that ending.

Had a GF day party at my place and was in bed, curled up in the fetal position by 5:30pm.

Otherwise, probably the day I scored row A, Block 102 behind the dugout for a finals match.

MWPP

Magical Eagle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Scorchers, Black Caps
If we'd lost AGAIN in 2006 under similar circumstances I don't know what I would've done lol. Relief doesn't begin to describe it. Watching the replay still makes me nervous.
6 months later even post 2018 , I still agree with this . Of course I was stoked on 2006 but the overwhelming feeling was an extreme sense of relief . 2018 , on the other hand was unparalleled exhilaration

2018 Premiers

RookiePick

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Imagine how the Catters fans felt in '94?

A failed swan song for so many greats that somehow couldn't capture a flag, despite several cracks at the big dance.

Warms the cockles of my heart.

kane249

New cup, who dis?
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sth Freo, Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
No where near the lowest of our lows, but I thought sweeping the Liam Ryan event under the rug was a weak stance.
We suspended him for 2 games for crashing his car and the other was getting into a fight with a relative.

What more action would you have liked us to take?

Spanna_

Premiers baby
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
From games I've been too-

2010. Brown's push in the back, resigning us to the spoon. It's always disappointing when Fremantle are performing better than us.

2013, the three big losses in the last few rounds. It was a crawl to the end of the season, and very hard to watch us crumble away. Especially after the success of the previous two seasons, coming from oblivion in 2011 and making the finals again in 2012. Wasn't a good way for a club legend like Woosha to leave.

2015, the numbness of defeat. Walking back from the MCG knowing you've travelled thousands of kilometres to see your team be outclassed by a far superior opponent.

2016, Elimination Final, coming into the game as clear favourites, especially after the 'Dogs were smashed two weeks before at Subi by the Dockers. Once again, barely fired a shot, were comprehensively beaten.

Top Bottom