Toast Zaidee Trophy - Organ Donation

Remove this Banner Ad

Pardon the intrusion.

Just a quick note to promote the fact that Port Adelaide and Hawthorn are playing for the Zaidee Trophy on Saturday night. The Zaidee Trophy is named in honour of Zaidee Turner, who at the age of 7 years and 22 days suddenly died of a brain aneurism. In honouring her wishes, Zaidee's parents, Allan and Kim Turner, donated her tissue and organs. From her gift, the lives of seven people (six children and one adult) were improved. Allan and Kim Turner founded the Zaidee's Rainbow Foundation to further the cause of organ and tissue donation in Australia.

Hawthorn and Port Adelaide have had a long history of supporting the cause having played for the Zaidee Trophy each year since 2010.

I was a director of the Foundation for a couple of years.

Here are Clarko and Hodgey with the Zaidee Trophy in 2012 (pretty sure Hawthorn has a 3-0 record in the Zaidee Trophy matches so far, so I don't have any photos of Port Adelaide celebrating a win):

Clarko-Hodge-with-Trophy.jpg

Here's the Foundation's CEO, Allan Turner, addressing the Port Adelaide players in the rooms pre-game in 2010 (I think):

355.jpg

Have you thought about whether you wish to donate your tissue and organs upon your death? If you have done so, do your next of kin know of your wishes?

For more information about Zaidee's Rainbow Foundation, including information on how to donate and/or purchase rainbow shoelaces (which each player from both teams will be wearing on Saturday night), see www.zaidee.org.au.

Have you thought about whether you wish to donate your tissue and organs upon your death? If you have done so, do your next of kin know of your wishes?
Yes i'm an organ donor & my family are aware of this, can't see a reason why anyone wouldn't want to be to be honest but that's their prerogative. The Zaidee's Rainbow foundation is a great cause.

Here are Clarko and Hodgey with the Zaidee Trophy in 2012 (pretty sure Hawthorn has a 3-0 record in the Zaidee Trophy matches so far, so I don't have any photos of Port Adelaide celebrating a win)
Hopefully we'll have a pic after we get a long overdue win against your side this weekend :D

Last edited:
Pardon the intrusion.

Just a quick note to promote the fact that Port Adelaide and Hawthorn are playing for the Zaidee Trophy on Saturday night. The Zaidee Trophy is named in honour of Zaidee Turner, who at the age of 7 years and 22 days suddenly died of a brain aneurism. In honouring her wishes, Zaidee's parents, Allan and Kim Turner, donated her tissue and organs. From her gift, the lives of seven people (six children and one adult) were improved. Allan and Kim Turner founded the Zaidee's Rainbow Foundation to further the cause of organ and tissue donation in Australia.

Hawthorn and Port Adelaide have had a long history of supporting the cause having played for the Zaidee Trophy each year since 2010.

Here are Clarko and Hodgey with the Zaidee Trophy in 2012 (pretty sure Hawthorn has a 3-0 record in the Zaidee Trophy matches so far, so I don't have any photos of Port Adelaide celebrating a win):

Here's the Foundation's CEO, Allan Turner, addressing the Port Adelaide players in the rooms pre-game in 2010 (I think):

355.jpg

For more information about Zaidee's Rainbow Foundation, including information on how to donate and/or purchase rainbow shoelaces (which each player from both teams will be wearing on Saturday night), see www.zaidee.org.au.

A tremendous cause.

Pardon the intrusion.

355.jpg

Outstanding cause: there'd be nothing worse than losing a child like that. If this venture can help even one family avoid what Zaidee's family had to endure, it's definitely worthwhile.

Fantastic cause and great respect for both clubs for raising awareness.

If you're not an organ donor already, just do it already. Saves lives.

Hopefully both clubs do the charity proud on Saturday night

Great cause.
Already registered.

Just a question? Why do they wear multicoloured laces?

It's Zaidee's Rainbow Foundation, so rainbow coloured laces

Edit: I'll add that I like the laces idea - beats another badge or ribbon

I have a Port supporting mate who's 20yo lad had a kidney failure recently. They were hoping to prolong the use of his existing kidneys for a while yet but unfortunately in recent weeks he has had to start dialysis and is booked in for surgery next week (mothers kidney fortunately). I donate every week to the charities outside our games and will be making an extra special one tonight.

355.jpg

Great cause, doesn't Kochie have a role in an organ donation organisation?

Re the pic, One Rodan, a number of Rodin's.

My family has a long history of kidney failure. Mum, Uncle, Grandma, so I get checked every year hoping I don't join the list of those requiring a transplant but it's a fear that a hold for my future. Sitting at 31 and a brother at 38yrs I'm hoping it has skipped us both organ donation is something my family is acutely aware of.
I'm an organ donor myself and have let people around me know. A key part of registering is making your wishes known to your family in case anything does happen, I believe they get the final say.
Will donate tonight and hopefully celebrate this wonderful charity and a Port win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back