NO TROLLS Zorko Sledge Towards Petty Revealed

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah look I get it if he’s mum is sick. But if she isn’t I do think he overreacted a bit. I wouldn’t cry at that, it’s just on field banter. I’m sure you guys would be the same. Imagine if he became an emotional wreck and cost you a final or god forbid a GF.

But yes Zorko is a dick without question, should lose his captaincy and retire next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is a bad take. Imagine if Zorko said some homophobic slur...

"Well, why are you reacting like that to the slur? You aren't even homosexual" - that defence doesn't wash for anyone with a brain.

There's banter (like 'man that shot at goal was shit, I'd say you should kick yourself but you'd miss') and there's things way above that and incredibly personal and would get you shunned if you said that in public (like what Zorko is reported to have said).

So is Petty’s mum actually sick or was it a random sledge with no background to it?

There’s a pretty big difference between the 2 scenarios
Even if she isn't sick though, randomly telling an opposition player you hope their mum dies would be pretty F'd up.

Poor Dayne

I get it. He would be copping a lot of personal abuse from football fans and whatnot, on top of the football media, and that is rarely pleasant. Can't bring myself to feel bad for him though, he brought it upon himself. I also don't think it's in Brisbane's or Dayne's interest for the club to be talking like this and basically going as far as painting Dayne as a victim.

We mustn't also forget about the wellbeing of Harrison Petty either. I cant help but feel in some way he too has been a victim in all this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zorko just ruined an entire career with this if it's accurate. What a campaigner of a bloke. Surprised at the restraint of Dees players not to "spoil" his head accidentally with some decent force.

This is a bad take. Imagine if Zorko said some homophobic slur...

"Well, why are you reacting like that to the slur? You aren't even homosexual" - that defence doesn't wash for anyone with a brain.

There's banter (like 'man that shot at goal was s**t, I'd say you should kick yourself but you'd miss') and there's things way above that and incredibly personal and would get you shunned if you said that in public (like what Zorko is reported to have said).

Homophobic and racist slurs are different because it’s very specific and is actually attacking you. Unless his mum is actually sick, what Zorko said is very generic and you hear insults like that everyday. It’s just another ‘ya mum’ joke.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We mustn't also forget about the wellbeing of Harrison Petty either. I cant help but feel in some way he too has been a victim in all this.

You mean that brute Harrison Petty? The man RESPONSIBLE for providing the environment for Dayne Zorko to end up in this situation. No, I think not good sir, I think NOT.

I am embarrassed to be a lions supporter. No one should feel sorry for him, he didn’t accidentally collect someone in a contest. This isn’t the first time he’s shown himself to be a shocking person either.

At 33 years old the Lions just need to say "thanks for your efforts and best of luck in the future" at years end and get rid of him, it's not even a hard decision. It wouldn't hurt the Lions really given the younger midfielders now reaching 23 - 25 years old like Berry, McCluggage and Rayner as a half time mid. With Ashcroft coming through you could send him off tomorrow and the club wouldn't be majorly impacted.

I get it. He would be copping a lot of personal abuse from football fans and whatnot, on top of the football media, and that is rarely pleasant. Can't bring myself to feel bad for him though, he brought it upon himself. I also don't think it's in Brisbane's or Dayne's interest for the club to be talking like this and basically going as far as painting Dayne as a victim.

Poor Dayne's mental health, he's slightly behind Liz Cambage in the we don't give a shit category.

Why? because it's your lack of consideration of others mental health that got you here in the first place. It's not all about you.

I give some leeway to Dayne, because we know what he's trying to do with his annoying type of 'physicality', as the leader of a team whose physical ability is ahead of their results, but he'd be best advised to simply 'football'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back