Dayne Zorko - the next Hardwick and Tom Boyd?

Remove this Banner Ad

Prior to Richmond dynasty I recall a massive autopsy thread (150 pager) after a big loss where all posters were unanimous in wanting Hardwick gone - you have to see it to believe some of the stuff that was spewed. I could not find one person wanting him to stay.

Similarly prior to 2016, Boyd was the dogs board whipping boy given his massive contract and underperformance.

Reading the Lion's board a few weeks ago I had similar feels. Lions supporters in mass bar 1 or 2 threw Zorko under the bus without hesitation based on nothing to - it was hard to watch them eat their own; even if the comment was said unprovoked there's nothing wrong with yet the lions supporters couldn't even wait a few days for the s**t to surface. He led from the front tonight and was also good last week.

Proves vast majority of fans do not deserve to see their club win flags.

Should’ve slotted in Dylan Shiel while you’re at it with that ridiculous, inane thread title

The best thing for Zorko and Brisbane was to get called out for their behaviour.
Every week they carry on like pork chops and now they are more concerned with the ball rather than the opponent. What a big improvement we have seen now.
Having other faux tough guys out of the side in Robinson and Mathieson also helps.

The best thing for Zorko and Brisbane was to get called out for their behaviour.
Every week they carry on like pork chops and now they are more concerned with the ball rather than the opponent. What a big improvement we have seen now.
Having other faux tough guys out of the side in Robinson and Mathieson also helps.

Actually a good take. It has been frustrating Brisbane fans all season to an extent. I think internally they believed it is something we needed to add to our game because in previous years we have been bullied around in games in that way by other teams. I think it showed that when we focus and just play ball, we are a very competent team.

Actually a good take. It has been frustrating Brisbane fans all season to an extent. I think internally they believed it is something we needed to add to our game because in previous years we have been bullied around in games in that way by other teams. I think it showed that when we focus and just play ball, we are a very competent team.
Not sure about that take.

Berry is a grub - was raking Oliver’s eyes and trying to get him off with the blood rule at the bottom of packs.

Brisbane have a share of campaigners, with Berry and Zorko at the top, but the thing is, so have a lot of top teams. Clarko’s unsociable football was a big part of the Hawk’s success.

And Berry was your match winner in the second half, while playing like a dirty grub. But that’s footy - despite the rules changes, it’s still a tough game.

Dumb thread. Zorko deserved the heat he copped the other week, and we all expect better from our club captains. You’re implying that we don’t deserve to see him and the club succeed because we held a player to some standards and wanted to see them punished for failing to meet those standards.

Dumb

Remove this Banner Ad

Back