Melbourne Related Trade Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

eliasd82

All Australian
Sep 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
There is talk of Essendon's Davey wanting to play with Aaron... and with Dean Bailey saying during the year that he wishes that he had a Aaron Davey clone, this may be the closest he'll get..
I have heard Matty Bate's name mentioned on the other side of the trade but I hope that is BS...

We look certain to pounce on David Hale..
I hope we don't give up much 3rd round would be okay with me.

Anyone heard any other whispers about town?

Don't see us going for Davey & wouldn't want Bate offered for him. I also think he is contracted so unless the bombers want to get rid of him he is a required player.

He also had the option to come play with Aaron but declined & re-signed with the bombers.

The quick deal would be maric for davey .. forward for forward. I think that would be a good deal both ways.. gives them both a fresh start..

thoughts?

I'd be pretty happy if we picked up Hale, allbeit not giving away too much for him & hinkley.

As much as we need another KPF, I don't see there being that much out there on offer, and no real major reasons to trade.

I don't rate Alwyn and don't want him, but you're kidding yourselves if you think Essendon would give him up for a straight swap with Maric. Davey came top 10 in their B&F and Maric played one game.

Maric is not even half the player of Alwyn. What is it he's meant to do?

That said, if Bailey's looking for an Aaron Davey (ie versatile, kicking outside mid)... he's barking up the wrong tree.
Davey's a good little player when he's on the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

totally agree but if Maric is out of favour with Bails there is no reason to keep him? Agree? I would prefer Alwyn as he might at least be given more opportunity and forward line pressure.

What makes you say he is out of favour? He shouldn't just be given a game, you have to earn it. He was unlucky to be dropped after the sydney game but there's plenty of upside to him. I wouldn't be giving up a 21 year old for a 26 year old.

Trade Week Radio just said; Grigg and Walker for Warnock...

Didn't hear it all, if it was rumored or if they we're saying or whatever but, that's what I just heard them say. Then (Hutchy's footy show partner with the black glasses, whatever his name is lol) said he'd be upset if Carlton gave BOTH for Warnock.

Didn't hear it all, if it was rumored or if they we're saying or whatever but, that's what I just heard them say. Then (Hutchy's footy show partner with the black glasses, whatever his name is lol) said he'd be upset if Carlton gave BOTH for Warnock.

Damo "purple head warrior" barrett

wouldn't want grigg, would take walker for warnock

Would be very happy with Walker and Grigg for Warnock.

Grigg can play, it just seemed to me he was very low on confidence last year. Would be a decent young player to have on our list and could be used coming off half back or on a wing.

Walker, if i remember correctly we were very keen on before the 04 draft but Carlton took him at pick #2 and we had to take Sylvia at #3 instead (what a shame!!:rolleyes:). If he can get his body right he would be a very very good player for us.

All this for a rookie upgrade who is currently holding down full back at Casey? Sign me up Barry:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Would take Walker for Warnock. Warnock is a decent stopper, but he is behind Chip, Garland and Rivers according to the foty department it seems. Not sure why, as I thought he was great last year and earlier this year. He shut down a few dangerous players like Fevola before he got dropped. On form he was ahead of both Garland and Rivers at the time.
Carlton are after a key backmen, so he fits the bill. We need a tall forward and a good rebounding defender. We could use Walker off halfback rebounding, as he has decent pace and knows how to find the footy. This would allow us to move Grimes into the midfield. Then we go after a key forward with pick 12.

Would take Walker for Warnock. Warnock is a decent stopper, but he is behind Chip, Garland and Rivers according to the foty department it seems. Not sure why, as I thought he was great last year and earlier this year. He shut down a few dangerous players like Fevola before he got dropped. On form he was ahead of both Garland and Rivers at the time.
Carlton are after a key backmen, so he fits the bill. We need a tall forward and a good rebounding defender. We could use Walker off halfback rebounding, as he has decent pace and knows how to find the footy. This would allow us to move Grimes into the midfield. Then we go after a key forward with pick 12.

Walker is an attacking midfielder if you ask me, the only reason he plays in the backline is because Carlton cant fit him in there and need some dash out of defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back